Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
26-08-19, 06:10AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8304
  • Latest: baldy69
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59996
  • Total Topics: 1063
  • Online Today: 121
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 81
Total: 83

Author Topic: Double Discount  (Read 57267 times)

Tom Hardy

• Know All
Re: Double Discount
« Reply #25 on: 16-06-17, 07:06PM »
Only a weekend? Doesn't it usually go from Friday-Thursday?

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #26 on: 16-06-17, 07:37PM »
Heard nothing of it Tom, we are lucky it is going ahead at all.

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #27 on: 16-06-17, 09:49PM »
Don't see the fascination with double discount. Surely we would be better off arguing for a living wage......

RttK

• Know All
« Reply #28 on: 19-06-17, 07:18PM »
Only a weekend? Doesn't it usually go from Friday-Thursday?
#
Sorry my mistake 30th to 7th

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #29 on: 19-06-17, 08:01PM »
Don't see the fascination with double discount. Surely we would be better off arguing for a living wage......

Surely you should be arguing for both .

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #30 on: 19-06-17, 08:49PM »
Why argue for double discount when elsewhere is cheaper even without it???
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

OpShunned

• Smart Arse
« Reply #31 on: 22-06-17, 10:24AM »
Double Discount is back next week
Thursday 22nd June, 2017
 Send 3Yammer iconYam it! Comment
Double Discount is back! Between 6am on Friday 30 June to 11pm on Thursday 6 July, your discount will increase from 10% to 20% when you shop with us in store or online.

It’s just a little way of saying thanks for all your help!

You can read all the terms and conditions here and get the answers to all your questions in this FAQ – but here’s our two minute guide to some of the most important things to know:

1. It’s really easy:

Just use your Privilegecard as normal, in store or online and you’ll receive an additional 10% discount (which doesn’t count towards your Privilegecard cap).

2. Things to remember:

Shopping for groceries online
The 20% discount will only apply if you choose a delivery slot during the seven day period. Your discount will show online unless you are using the mobile website.
Shopping on Tesco direct
Check whether the seller is a third party (including Tesco partners) as they are not included in the Privilegecard scheme.
Buying alcohol products
Due to the law around alcohol pricing, there are a small number of alcohol products where our Privilegecard discount no longer applies. To see the list of excluded products click here. You can still enjoy your discount on all other alcohol products which have not been excluded.
Bulk Buy Policy applies
There is a limit to the number of items you may buy from the Game consoles, laptops, iPad, tablets & eReaders, and mobile phone categories.
3. And finally – when it’s gone, it’s gone!

Happy shopping!

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #32 on: 22-06-17, 12:23PM »
Why argue for double discount when elsewhere is cheaper even without it???

:thumbup:

Tom Hardy

• Know All
« Reply #33 on: 22-06-17, 05:39PM »
20% off just before I lose my card for good.

Might pre order some Blu-rays/games that don't get released until after I leave.

They take the money straight away on Tesco Direct so no taking backsies  :P  :thumbup:

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #34 on: 22-06-17, 09:11PM »
  does that not depend on what you buy ? 

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #35 on: 22-06-17, 10:48PM »

Might pre order some Blu-rays/games that don't get released until after I leave.

They take the money straight away on Tesco Direct so no taking backsies  :P  :thumbup:
  I think the order must be for the dates given. Not for delivery after ? So just look it up first

vilenin

« Reply #36 on: 23-06-17, 02:15AM »
Double discount announced the day after a raft of job losses. Cynical attempt to divert attention away from the devastating news for colleagues in Cardiff. Shameful
« Last Edit: 23-06-17, 02:17AM by vilenin »

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #37 on: 23-06-17, 02:31AM »
disgusting >:(. they could offer me quadruple discount and i still wouldnt be interested >:(

Tom Hardy

• Know All
« Reply #38 on: 23-06-17, 07:38AM »

I think the order must be for the dates given. Not for delivery after ? So just look it up first

They take the money with the discount on the day you order it. Unlike Amazon etc who only take the money once an item is dispatched. So you pay the price on that day including the 20% discount.

When is payment taken?

Payment will be taken from your card at the online checkout when you place your pre-order. With all entertainment pre-orders, you are guaranteed to benefit from our pre-order price guarantee please see section 3 below. Any potential refund will be processed on the release date, which should be credited to your payment card within three to five working days.

Payment will be taken from your card at checkout when you place your pre-order. You are guaranteed to benefit from our pre-order price guarantee. Any potential refund will be processed after the release date.

3. Pre-order Price Guarantee
What is our Pre-order Price Guarantee?

Our Pre-order Price Guarantee is our guarantee to you to make sure you benefit from the best price. It is available on Tesco direct for all pre-ordered CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, gaming products and books. When you pre-order a product online, we will take payment for the amount shown at the online checkout. However, if the price of your pre-ordered product is cheaper on the release date, we promise to refund the price difference. We will process the refund on the release date and it should be credited to your payment card within three to five working days.

Please note refunds will be inclusives of colleague discounts.
« Last Edit: 23-06-17, 07:41AM by Tom Hardy »

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #39 on: 23-06-17, 08:07AM »
Why pay for something now that don't get released for days/weeks just so Tesco can get interest on your money?

Digimon

• Know All
« Reply #40 on: 23-06-17, 08:32AM »
Can't wait til the day Amazon kick these fools into the long grass. Drastic will have foiked off by then of course  :D
Serving Tesco's ex- shoppers a LIDL better every day

his scots tie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #41 on: 23-06-17, 08:39AM »
Why pay for something now that don't get released for days/weeks just so Tesco can get interest on your money?
Why give them the business in the first place, way they have treat staff with a lot more to come

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #42 on: 23-06-17, 09:03AM »
Don't give them any business even if cheap

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #43 on: 23-06-17, 09:09AM »

They take the money with the discount on the day you order it. Unlike Amazon etc who only take the money once an item is dispatched. So you pay the price on that day including the 20% discount.
But, just to be clear, for grocery deliveries which are picked on the day of delivery they take the money when the pick is complete (as only then do they know how much to charge due to non-availability and substitutions) so the delivery day needs to be within the 20% window to qualify.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Tom Hardy

• Know All
« Reply #44 on: 23-06-17, 11:26AM »
I'm leaving soon & rarely shop at Tesco anyway. But if I can get 20% off some things I would have to pay 100% for before I go I will  :thumbup:

If I boycotted every company that treats staff like c**p, pays minimum wage & makes people redundant I wouldn't have many places to buy stuff.

snowyowl

• Smart Arse
« Reply #45 on: 23-06-17, 01:52PM »
That's only viable if what you want to buy isn't grossly overpriced!  :D

AlexM

• Know All
« Reply #46 on: 23-06-17, 02:55PM »
Tesco direct is grossly overpriced on many things. I've seen a small folding table on there for about £70 that I bought from IKEA for £15. Seriously, the exact same thing!
Also, I preordered a games console before I left the company & got the discount even tho the console was released & delivered over a month after I'd left.

Tom Hardy

• Know All
« Reply #47 on: 23-06-17, 04:41PM »
 :thumbup:

Tosco Drone

« Reply #48 on: 23-06-17, 11:28PM »
double discount just another ploy to get back some of your hard earned poverty wages, your better off spending your cash at Aldi or Lidl.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #49 on: 24-06-17, 01:43AM »
or sainsburys, asda, morrisons, co-op, m&s, nisa, etc