Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20-01-19, 04:34AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6290
  • Latest: yoyo123
Stats
  • Total Posts: 80460
  • Total Topics: 1686
  • Online Today: 96
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 90
Total: 90

Author Topic: Double Discount  (Read 49425 times)

crypto

Re: Double Discount
« Reply #125 on: 10-12-18, 06:49PM »
I find my store very quiet for this time of year and like poster above, I have also had a few tempting vouchers through the post but vouchers are useless to me now because I basically wrapped up my xmas shopping during the black friday weekend and I am not spending for the sake of spending. I am also still bitter with Sunday premiums and won't be using double discount and I will take my pennies elsewhere.
« Last Edit: 10-12-18, 06:51PM by crypto »

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #126 on: 10-12-18, 09:03PM »
best thing to do in my opinion. just saying

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #127 on: 10-12-18, 11:53PM »
Which bright spark though it a good idea to have 25% off wine on the run up the booziest time of year when everyone will be stocking up for the duration anyway?
Probably because both Sainsbury and Asda have  same offer atm

Teddybonkers

« Reply #128 on: 11-12-18, 03:56PM »
Am I correct in thinking that it only applies to in store mobile phone / tablet purchases ?

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #129 on: 11-12-18, 06:41PM »
I find my store very quiet for this time of year and like poster above, I have also had a few tempting vouchers through the post but vouchers are useless to me now because I basically wrapped up my Xmas shopping during the black Friday weekend and I am not spending for the sake of spending. I am also still bitter with Sunday premiums and won't be using double discount and I will take my pennies elsewhere.

Our store is making less than previous years. It must be related with dust on the shelves and stock in warehouse but I might be wrong :D.
Other thing is that we have less Xmas stock this year. I would say maybe 60%-70% what we had in the past. We always had 3 dairy ends (plus several cages of stock inside chillers) now we have only 2 ends that are half empty. Is it similar at other stores?

I am going abroad for xmas so double discount will be usefull only to buy few items. I dont want to waste money for big shopping and goods i wont use.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #130 on: 11-12-18, 07:35PM »
The stores are getting quieter and quieter, and have been over the last few years. I can remember 15 or so years ago,handing out sweets to customers, whilst they waited in the queues which went halfway down the aisles. Temporary chillers erected in the carpark to take the overflow, and fruit and veg stacked outside the fire exits with the flowers. 24 hour trading, online shopping and discounters springing up have all had an impact. The stores aren't bringing in the quantities of stock they used to from the depots, and customary items still aren't yet in .e.g. Diaries, calendars, brandy sauce, etc....but hey, got a shed load of Quality Street AGAIN!! Which brings me to the same question as last year...which is the c**ppiest gift you have seen on the shelves this year??

Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

woody505

• Regular Pain
« Reply #131 on: 11-12-18, 11:29PM »

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #132 on: 13-12-18, 07:21PM »
Have to think that those kind of presents are seriously in bad taste. 8-) 8-) Having looked on the shelves today.....the?mini me? Which is a kind of card that you hold up with a small figure e.g, ballet dancer etc....taken as a selfie with your head on top....the selfie in a Christmas border of holly with your group photo in it....£22 for a candy grabber....similar to the ones in the amusements, where you grab a soft toy....but with this you supply your own sweets....anything Reese c**p... :(

Pochin123

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #133 on: 13-12-18, 09:00PM »
Maybe it's just me that thinks everything the business does has to have ulterior motive, but this double discount doesn't make sense. The senior leadership decided to celebrate 100 years of Tesco and would offer a double discount for the colleagues. This fact of the business's centenary year isn't something they have just realised so why announce in such a rush.

Maybe due to the fact they have realised we are not spending as much money this year with them even with vouchers we were given. Using our clubcards is a way they can track how much of our wages we are putting back into the business (which judging by what people say on here is going into Lidl & Aldi's tills)

If they wanted to reward us we would have got a full week. However we all know that people haven't started spending money on meat and veg yet for Christmas yet by allowing a week of double discount this will start eating into profits, 3 days is just a small incentive to get colleagues back shopping in the business.

Thanks but no thanks Mr Tarry.
Has This Been Briefed Out??

Fattony

« Reply #134 on: 13-12-18, 11:36PM »
I can't even access the wages website to see what I have been paid.

Global Moderator Comment Online payslips thread.

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #135 on: 14-12-18, 10:45AM »
Double discount normally boosts sales. Is the fact we are having to do so at this time of year a indication we are off track on spending plans?

Classy Bird

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #136 on: 14-12-18, 08:07PM »
Its the guys that have seen all the backstock in our warehouse of bws and can't be arsed with shipping it out to other stores when they close us down

Therefore they are hoping double discount +25% off the wine does the job for them

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #137 on: 14-12-18, 08:17PM »
I gave up with double discount today......the offers in the colleague discount book+ DD load of hassle and not worth the effort....short date codes...I don't have a huge freezer, and really...for 50p off can I be arsed???,

I'm off to Aldi tomorrow  :thumbup: :thumbup:
« Last Edit: 14-12-18, 08:18PM by lucgeo »

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #138 on: 15-12-18, 12:19AM »
they can stick their dd where the sun don't shine. i went to aldi  >:D :P

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #139 on: 15-12-18, 01:03AM »
Our S.D. told the store managers on a conference call last week, a big treat was on the way for all staff, take it the double discount weekend is the said big treat.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

forrestgimp

• Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #140 on: 17-12-18, 06:05PM »
I dont understand what there is to moan about? If you dont shop at Tesco then you dont  benefit no worries thats your choice but I am well chuffed to have saved myself 100 quid.

fatboy

• Regular Pain
« Reply #141 on: 17-12-18, 06:44PM »
Forestgimp  :thumbup:

Charlie Harper

« Reply #142 on: 09-01-19, 09:15PM »
Double Discount will happen 4 times this year. Confirmed by our People Manager today.

person7

« Reply #143 on: 17-01-19, 08:46PM »
talking about double discount etc,

when will new employees get this?

I find it unfair ive worked since october 2018 and over christmas EVERYONE but me and 4 other new staff were able to get vouchers and discounts etc. but also because i work for tesco now, im not apparently allowed to use competitions and some "win £100 using this voucher" as some the vouchers int he tesco magazine say "no employee of tesco or relative of tesco employee may enter/use this voucher"

so seems for a while its a lose lose situation, as so far ive seen NO staff benefits.. except 5% off ikea.. (I admit saving £50 on my bed, wardrobe, bookcases, mattress did help a TINY bit - finally no more sleeping on the lumps and a after 6 years moving out of my mums.. my FIRST wardrobe haha)

yes i get paid by tesco (even though just 1 day a week due to health), but ../. well im shopping in a supermarket beginning with "L" (not sure if allowed to say on this forum) as tesco is too expensive for me to shop in right now after im paying off debts and christmas bills etc. (6 months im debt free)

Charlie Harper

« Reply #144 on: 17-01-19, 10:23PM »
After 6 months’ continuous service.

Sam29

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #145 on: 18-01-19, 09:54AM »
talking about double discount etc,

when will new employees get this?

I find it unfair ive worked since october 2018 and over christmas EVERYONE but me and 4 other new staff were able to get vouchers and discounts etc. but also because i work for tesco now, im not apparently allowed to use competitions and some "win £100 using this voucher" as some the vouchers int he tesco magazine say "no employee of tesco or relative of tesco employee may enter/use this voucher"

so seems for a while its a lose lose situation, as so far ive seen NO staff benefits.. except 5% off ikea.. (I admit saving £50 on my bed, wardrobe, bookcases, mattress did help a TINY bit - finally no more sleeping on the lumps and a after 6 years moving out of my mums.. my FIRST wardrobe haha)

yes i get paid by tesco (even though just 1 day a week due to health), but ../. well im shopping in a supermarket beginning with "L" (not sure if allowed to say on this forum) as tesco is too expensive for me to shop in right now after im paying off debts and christmas bills etc. (6 months im debt free)

I had to wait 12 months to get discount or vouchers when I started in tesco.