Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19-03-19, 08:25AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 58621
  • Total Topics: 1084
  • Online Today: 118
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Double Discount  (Read 51868 times)

Inquisitive

Double Discount
« on: 11-06-17, 06:18PM »
Does anyone know when the next staff double discount will take place?

just curious

• Smart Arse
Re: Double Discount
« Reply #1 on: 11-06-17, 07:51PM »
Every day is double discount day ( and more sometime's ) if you were to shop at   "Home Bargains" ,"  B and M " , " Fulton's Foods" , " Heron Foods " , " Aldi " or  " Lidl " to name a few  ;) ;) :) :D ;D

yellow7qpr

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #2 on: 12-06-17, 04:41PM »
I've read some communication in the store managers office that it will be this coming pay day.

Plato

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #3 on: 12-06-17, 05:24PM »
Would that be to make up for a little ( or no ) payrise ????

fatboy

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4 on: 12-06-17, 05:41PM »
Just Curious......Yeah every day could be double discount day b y shopping at the mentioned shops but only if you are willing to eat the rubbish they sell!!

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #5 on: 12-06-17, 05:59PM »
If you are getting the rumoured "no payrise"  then you might have to shop at Aldi  or Lidl.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #6 on: 12-06-17, 07:34PM »
"Might have to shop at Aldi" There is no option for many Tosco is too expensive now.

captain

• Smart Arse
« Reply #7 on: 12-06-17, 07:43PM »
Guys, vote with your feet, don't shop at Tesco and watch your senior team grovel.
Head office monitor how much people spend in store and feed down to store manager

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #8 on: 12-06-17, 08:05PM »
"Might have to shop at Aldi" There is no option for many Tosco is too expensive now.

I totally agree, and if you get an increase in the discount card, that will be just a slap in the face.

It wouldn't make a difference how much the senior team grovelled, I'd still shop anywhere else but Tesco.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #9 on: 12-06-17, 08:52PM »
Just Curious......Yeah every day could be double discount day b y shopping at the mentioned shops but only if you are willing to eat the rubbish they sell!!

Not all of it is rubbish  ??? The fruit and veg is good , and a hand full of other items , But not worth the bother to go to just buy my 5 a day ,

optout

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #10 on: 12-06-17, 11:04PM »
@Captain

Please expand :question: :thumbup:
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

tesc0H

« Reply #11 on: 12-06-17, 11:17PM »
Regarding the payrise It is being voted on tomorrow at the National Forum and then USDAW reps will be informed on 26th June then everyone else the day after

Tom Hardy

• Know All
« Reply #12 on: 13-06-17, 08:40AM »
So none of you know what the answer to the OP's question is then?

As I am the 12th reply I too do not know the answer  :D

tesc0H

« Reply #13 on: 13-06-17, 09:37AM »
So none of you know what the answer to the OP's question is then?

As I am the 12th reply I too do not know the answer  :D
hahah normally we only get 5 days notice but there are rumours it is 30th June payday

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #14 on: 13-06-17, 10:38AM »
It is usually the week after I have just done a big monthly food shop and / or bought a big-ticket item.  :(
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #15 on: 13-06-17, 11:51AM »
my answer to the question is "who cares? they can stick it where the sun don't shine" >:D

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #16 on: 13-06-17, 11:53AM »

I totally agree, and if you get an increase in the discount card, that will be just a slap in the face.

It wouldn't make a difference how much the senior team grovelled, I'd still shop anywhere else but Tesco.
spot on  :thumbup:

bobbywm

• Regular Pain
« Reply #17 on: 13-06-17, 03:53PM »
I've read some communication in the store managers office that it will be this coming pay day.
Do you know if this is for certain.  Could do with a new mobile.  Don't want to go buy one then find out I could've had an extra 10%   
Keep on Rockin' in the free world

his scots tie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #18 on: 13-06-17, 04:43PM »
Quite a few people i have spoken too have said 30th June for double discount. Possibly to soften the blow of no payrise , from july 1st

Babyface

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #19 on: 13-06-17, 07:38PM »
last year it was about mid-july

Trolleywally

« Reply #20 on: 14-06-17, 12:39AM »
I am a retired member of staff and got to keep my staff discount card due to the number of years I worked and age came to over 80 years.If they do away with the staff discount then I will stop shopping at Tesco as there's a Morrisons,Waitrose,Lidil and M&S Food shop with in a short drive of my home and I am sure there's a Sainsbury's,Adli or Asda  somewhere with in a longer driving distance of my home which I will need to find out were they are if they were to do away with the staff discount card as I consider it my reward for 35 years service with Tesco.

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #21 on: 14-06-17, 01:04AM »

I cant see them doing it  8-) since its called Card for life, But if they did I don't think they would do so with out paying something out to those that Have it , And I am sure some would be open to that  :)

Trolleywally

« Reply #22 on: 14-06-17, 11:21AM »

I cant see them doing it  8-) since its called Card for life, But if they did I don't think they would do so with out paying something out to those that Have it , And I am sure some would be open to that  :)
Neither can I see them doing away with it but you never know with our CEO Dave Lewis or Drastic Dave as I see him called on this site could get it into his head as it could put a large amount to add to the Profits as he is looking to cut costs!If he were to add a few thousand to my pension then I may look on it favourably but I do not see that happening as at the moment he has the AGM to worry about as I read in the press and online that some shareholders are complaining/commenting on the package/expences he claimed/was given for moving house nearer Head  Office.

his scots tie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #23 on: 14-06-17, 04:18PM »
Discount is not being taken away. No doubt an increase in limit spent as part of pay deal. New discount cards being issued are contactless and don't have expiry date on them.

RttK

• Know All
« Reply #24 on: 16-06-17, 05:57PM »
DD will be 30th June to 2nd July