Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
05-12-19, 10:25PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62726
  • Total Topics: 1103
  • Online Today: 180
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 122
Total: 127

Author Topic: Amazon Go.  (Read 2858 times)

fargone

• Smart Arse

OpShunned

• Smart Arse
Re: Amazon Go.
« Reply #1 on: 22-05-17, 09:42PM »
....and when your 14 year old son whips your phone and pops down to store, picks up a bottle of whisky, who will be held to blame when he's picked up by the police?

stockrotateman

• Smart Arse
« Reply #2 on: 22-05-17, 10:45PM »
They will make it work and all the other retailers will follow,not if but when, no sick pay, no wages, no benefits, no holidays or bank holidays, no pensions, just lovely profits. And the only party talking about introducing a basic income for all, the Green Party.

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #3 on: 23-05-17, 05:02AM »
Be afraid....in 20 years or so there will be millions out of work and replaced by machines

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #4 on: 23-05-17, 05:38AM »
The industrial revolution says hey.

Morris999

• Smart Arse
« Reply #5 on: 23-05-17, 01:12PM »
It will be a hackers/thieves paradise

OpShunned

• Smart Arse
« Reply #6 on: 23-05-17, 03:29PM »
Welcome to the world of the Post-Industrial man.

Loads of leisure time, no jobs and a shorter life span than they keep promising us except for the elite who will enjoy hunting trips on the land we now call our communities while the few 'slaves' that are left will be living and working above the Tesco/Booker convenience stores that they call home.

OvaSees

• Smart Arse
« Reply #7 on: 23-05-17, 07:23PM »
Quite a pessimistic view but hard to argue with I suppose. The problem is nobody anywhere seems to be addressing the fact that we will end up with a large, unemployable, proportion of the populace due to the fact that they will not have the skills any remaining jobs will require.

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #8 on: 23-05-17, 10:04PM »
I demand my ancestors cave  back, >:(
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

OpShunned

• Smart Arse
« Reply #9 on: 22-01-18, 10:53PM »
https://www.managementtoday.co.uk/tesco-fear-amazon/future-business/article/1455120

Should Tesco fear Amazon?

It also doesn’t need to cut a swathe through the sector to be successful, as it did with books. With the right business model, Amazon could still pose a significant threat, in much the same way as Aldi and Lidl have in the UK – only don’t expect it to take it 20 years and a global financial crisis to do so.

Duracell

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #10 on: 22-01-18, 11:16PM »
I’m not sure if T could apply the basic approach Amazon were reported to have not so long ago, with the city and shareholders to please.
I secretly wish they could, they reinvest heavily in the business, from what I understood Amazon are not compelled to turn a significant profit just remain profitable and avoid a deficit.  The less profit made the less the tax bill.  Reinvesting in operating and the technology to make the shopping trip as simple as it can be, which elevates loss due to theft, isn’t a bad idea. Is it ?
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.