Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
13-10-19, 11:13PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61562
  • Total Topics: 1080
  • Online Today: 183
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 130
Total: 135

Author Topic: Lichfield Goods-In OCC's  (Read 5087 times)

angrybird

Lichfield Goods-In OCC's
« on: 09-02-13, 12:45AM »
Can someone in Lichfield who checks the pallets over on Goods-in confirm what I have been told that when you go on your Arm Mounted Computer and ask for occ barcode labels to be printed, they will automatically come off the printer where they are needed.

Here in Magor, we have 3 checkers podiums on the shop floor 'asking' for occ barcode labels to be printed off as well as the person working in Recoup and also the receipts for the window clerks, all getting labels from the same printer in the Goods-In office. If I was working a long way from the office and needed labels to put onto the pallets before the FLT drivers put them away, it would be more convenient to get those labels from the printer where I work, because at present, everyone's labels are all mixed up with each others.

They say it can't be done, but I've heard it works at Lichfield. Any feedback would be appreciated.

picktocube

• Sad Muppet
Re: Lichfield Goods-In OCC's
« Reply #1 on: 09-02-13, 06:19PM »
Welham Green is exactly the same,all the labels come off the one printer in the goods-in office,all mixed up. It would be good if there was another option

angrybird

« Reply #2 on: 11-02-13, 10:07PM »
Hi Picktocube, it is annoying isn't it? At Magor, we have 3 workstations, recoup department and also the window clerk all 'asking' for labels to be printed and they all come off on the one printer. I was told recently that at Lichfield they have it set up to come off on the printer where the occ labels are required. I'm sure its only a matter of software programming. They keep fobbing us off with the excuse that it can't be done...This week, we have 2 new functions being added to our guns on Goods-in checking which will allow you to print an occ barcode off for each pallet you check in, while you're logged on to an individual load. This of course is a total waste of time, because if I want a label for pallet number 1 of 52 pallets, by the time I finish the load, its going to be about 30 minutes later and by the time I walk to the Goods-in office, my label has gone...The SSCC process has been live for about 4 or 5 years now, and the amount of outside suppliers not conforming and sending in poor quality labels or ones on opposite sides to the occs. We send off emails but nobody gets anything done about it. All they want to do is give checkers warnings....Nestle Purina for example, we have complained 122 times to them.

angrybird

« Reply #3 on: 12-02-13, 03:07PM »
Well !! The new facility on our scan guns came into force today. While logged on checking a load, if there's no occ on the front of the pallet, you press F4 which takes you into the Product Enquiry screen, you then scan occ press F5 to print out a barcode then F3 to go back into the checking screen. It work at all in Magor this morning. Apparently, the checker checked in the loads, and it defunct the sscc label and didn't print out a putaway label, so the pallets were stuck on the bays and could not be put away. All fun and games apparently over on Goods-in.

« Reply #4 on: 15-02-13, 11:57PM »
Nope, I am told that they come off only after the load is completed.

missbunny

« Reply #5 on: 08-12-13, 04:51PM »
Can someone in Lichfield who checks the pallets over on Goods-in confirm what I have been told that when you go on your Arm Mounted Computer and ask for occ barcode labels to be printed, they will automatically come off the printer where they are needed.

Here in Magor, we have 3 checkers podiums on the shop floor 'asking' for occ barcode labels to be printed off as well as the person working in Recoup and also the receipts for the window clerks, all getting labels from the same printer in the Goods-In office. If I was working a long way from the office and needed labels to put onto the pallets before the FLT drivers put them away, it would be more convenient to get those labels from the printer where I work, because at present, everyone's labels are all mixed up with each others.

They say it can't be done, but I've heard it works at Lichfield. Any feedback would be appreciated.
no they don't come off automatically

abba

« Reply #6 on: 10-12-16, 07:11PM »
your very lucky if you get any labels off on the print stations at Lichfield as they are always broken

Sarcinarous

« Reply #7 on: 01-09-17, 03:19PM »
your very lucky if you get any labels off on the print stations at Lichfield as they are always broken

They replaced all the printers this week with brand new ones. I was shocked. I don't know how reliable they will be compared with the old ones though. Too many idiots not knowing how to pull printed labels off the roll without f****ng up the printers here.