Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
21-09-18, 06:33AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5969
  • Latest: Ash1313
Stats
  • Total Posts: 80604
  • Total Topics: 1688
  • Online Today: 97
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 89
Total: 90

Author Topic: Lets Talk meetings.  (Read 9759 times)

forrestgimp

• Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
Re: Lets Talk meetings.
« Reply #25 on: 26-03-17, 07:22AM »
I had a conversation with the LM concerned about this and he was utterly amazed the CA in question wanted a rep, He was under the impression a quick gee up would suffice and job done.

I did ask why it went into orbit and didnt really get a decent answer but as I said it came from the SM.

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #26 on: 26-03-17, 12:43PM »
I may be slow on the uptake here but it's worth mentioning I think .

Are others aware that "The lets talk" process as implied by policy suggests it should be bi-directional, it is not just from management to level 1 it can be FROM level work level 1 to Management, the policy lists scenarios

I.e.
To mediate between you and colleagues.
To resolve your concerns informally.

Under utilised policy by work level 1?

Obviously Grievence level expects the informal approach to be a first step. Yet quite often such informality lacks proof it has been explored.
Could the use of "let's talk forms" directed upwards give some trail of informality?

The policy does clearly suggest the use of "lets talk" at all levels to informally resolve concerns.

My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Tikka2017

« Reply #27 on: 26-03-17, 07:38PM »
hi

I know this may be out of context but I'm new to this forum. does anyone know where I could find the job role pack for the Cash & admin?

TIA

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #28 on: 26-03-17, 08:25PM »
what format if its express cash admin is not an actual job role its just a customer assistant role that does it . Not sure about large format.

Tikka2017

« Reply #29 on: 26-03-17, 08:32PM »
its in an Express. I was given one  when I started but have lost it

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #30 on: 27-03-17, 01:30PM »
I may be slow on the uptake here but it's worth mentioning I think .

Are others aware that "The lets talk" process as implied by policy suggests it should be bi-directional, it is not just from management to level 1 it can be FROM level work level 1 to Management, the policy lists scenarios

I.e.
To mediate between you and colleagues.
To resolve your concerns informally.

Under utilised policy by work level 1?

Obviously Grievence level expects the informal approach to be a first step. Yet quite often such informality lacks proof it has been explored.
Could the use of "let's talk forms" directed upwards give some trail of informality?

The policy does clearly suggest the use of "lets talk" at all levels to informally resolve concerns.

Can I ask for the opinion of others about this please.
All opinions welcome.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

optout

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #31 on: 27-03-17, 06:13PM »
Don't know where I got the impression from, but I think that you are correct, it is bi-directional
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Grifter

• Regular Pain
« Reply #32 on: 29-03-17, 11:04PM »
It may be open to all to action a 'Let's Talk' meeting but it's not been communicated to the masses and if that is the case and a CA wants to action that process toward a manager, even if they are confident in doing so, my guess is that it will be filed under 'B' for bin! The 'Let's Talk' forms don't seem to have a carbon copy attached to them like the previous 'Infomal Disscussion' forms. Or maybe that's just my store?...

Kieth_Lemon

« Reply #33 on: 12-04-17, 12:48AM »
I wouldn't call it a meeting really.  If your Line manager speaks to you about an issue the "Lets talk" form is just a written record the conversation took place and any next steps that were agreed.  I've done a few myself.

If they are conducting an investigation then its not a "Lets talk" it's part of the disciplinary process and all the usual safe guards would then apply.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #34 on: 12-04-17, 09:30AM »
If a written record is kept then in consideration of fairness both parties should have a copy of that record.  Also if said record can be produced at a future meeting then employee should have witness/representation at the meeting where the written record was made.

Any meeting/discussion that is recorded should have above principles applied.  I would always get a copy of any meeting/chat that is documented.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

world of their own

« Reply #35 on: 14-09-18, 07:07PM »
I wouldn't call it a meeting really.  If your Line manager speaks to you about an issue the "Lets talk" form is just a written record the conversation took place and any next steps that were agreed.  I've done a few myself.

If they are conducting an investigation then its not a "Lets talk" it's part of the disciplinary process and all the usual safe guards would then apply.

Can a "lets talk"meeting result in a probation period?

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #36 on: 14-09-18, 08:13PM »
Let's talk should be used to document any discussion in-store where you wish a record to be kept. When it was introduced it was specifically said they can be used in CA - Manager meetings as well as the other way round. It was even suggested they could be used to record praise for jobs well done or good customer feedback.

In terms of outcomes  they can be used to show a issue has Been highlighted to a individual before it is escalated; however it must be within a  reasonable time frame to the let's talk.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #37 on: 14-09-18, 08:25PM »
Let's talk should be used to document any discussion in-store where you wish a record to be kept. When it was introduced it was specifically said they can be used in CA - Manager meetings as well as the other way round. It was even suggested they could be used to record praise for jobs well done or good customer feedback.

In terms of outcomes  they can be used to show a issue has Been highlighted to a individual before it is escalated; however it must be within a  reasonable time frame to the let's talk.
let's talk doesn't exist in our store anymore. everything, no matter how petty and trivial, seems to go straight to investigation 8-)

Iron Giant

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #38 on: 15-09-18, 01:09AM »
A GA colleague recently had a Lets Talk from a fellow GA who is "being developed" regarding lateness. Seems that the nature of Lets Talks to be given to anyone by anyone for anything is open to abuse (as it was always going to be).
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #39 on: 15-09-18, 10:49AM »
GA being developed should not be giving anyone a lets talk for lateness or any other conduct issues, unless on a formal development program. Otherwise the lets talk in that case is null and void as this should be dealt with by a team support or member of management.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

Rad

• Know All
« Reply #40 on: 17-09-18, 09:21AM »
I wonder if this could be a good thing? Forget the developing colleague.   Say an actual decent member of staff is frustrated that a jack the lad is late all the time.  The good member of staff could have a lets talk with the late guy explaining how it makes them feel.
Im sure it would shame the management team and possibly the late colleague into taking action.

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #41 on: 17-09-18, 09:33AM »
Does it need the formality of a "Lets Talk" process for colleagues to tell each other this kind of thing?  We do not work in a Trappist monastery.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

« Reply #42 on: 17-09-18, 11:25AM »
Administrator Comment Wrong thread/topic. Nomad

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #43 on: 17-09-18, 10:08PM »
Does it need the formality of a "Lets Talk" process for colleagues to tell each other this kind of thing?  We do not work in a Trappist monastery.
:D :thumbup:

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #44 on: 18-09-18, 02:29AM »
can you refuse to have a let's talk, and if so what happens next?

Blondie

« Reply #45 on: 18-09-18, 03:41AM »
Let's Talk meetings are supposed to be informal, so I am not sure what would happen if you refused to have one, but here's an interesting caveat for you: if you have the LT you do not have to sign the notes afterwards and thus, there will be no evidence that it ever actually occurred.

adamlad

• Regular Pain
« Reply #46 on: 18-09-18, 07:22AM »
It’s a reasonable request to attend a L.T. a failure to attend or refusal could result in investigation

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #47 on: 18-09-18, 09:56AM »
Could it result in an investigation if a manager refused to attend a L.T. requested by a GA ?
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

adamlad

• Regular Pain
« Reply #48 on: 18-09-18, 10:21PM »
A g a can’t make a reasonable request to a manager the ga would be better of dealing with the issue and forcing th company to deal with it by submitting a grievance which if the manager fails to deal with is breach of contract

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #49 on: 18-09-18, 10:27PM »
Is not asking a manager to process a holiday booking form promptly or to get them to correct a wages error a reasonable request?
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"