Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
22-03-19, 12:42PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 58775
  • Total Topics: 1087
  • Online Today: 198
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Tesco sick pay policy - help please!!  (Read 25521 times)

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
Re: Tesco sick pay policy - help please!!
« Reply #25 on: 01-01-18, 08:11AM »
Cream Crackered

Speak to your dentist and ask their advice. If you are having numerous teeth removed, they may recommend you take time off, due to the healing process. Are you to have any stitches? If so, this should be considered a medical procedure, and is covered differently under the sickness policy.

I doubt very much that the plate will be fitted immediately, as the gums need to heal, and usually a mould is taken to ensure you new dentures will fit.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #26 on: 01-01-18, 12:03PM »
If it is being done under anaesthetic, local or general, then you will not be safe to drive or operate machinery for several hours afterwards.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Cream Crackered

« Reply #27 on: 01-01-18, 06:17PM »
Thank you all for your advice.
I have some holiday days left, so will plan it for then.
Many thanks.

optout

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #28 on: 01-01-18, 11:33PM »
Are you going to a dental hospital or just your local dentist?
Has it been deemed a necessary procedure?

Also; if during your recovery there are any side effects (and I am sure that there are many) that would cause you to be unable to work, remember that if you are on holiday at the time you could contact your employer and (apart from the usual 3 day qualifying period) insist that your absence be re-coded as sickness and claim sick pay, and then reclaim your holidays back for use at another time.

Another Also; If it turns out that you go to work and they insist that you perform a role that you view as (when combined with your condition) embarrassing, you could ask them (stating that you feel you are being treated in an 'undignified manner') if they could give you a change of role until you feel able to cope with your normal role as this embarrassment is causing you undue stress. Might be worth a try as a last resort. I would imagine that any undue/unnecessary stress can play havoc with the rapidity of the healing process, and cause a person much undue suffering.

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/ioppn/depts/psychology/research/ResearchGroupings/healthpsych/research-group/woundhealing.aspx
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #29 on: 06-01-18, 07:28AM »
optout

I seem to think that the policy has recently changed regarding being sick whilst on holiday, and claiming the holiday time back ???

optout

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet

optout

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #31 on: 07-01-18, 06:54PM »
further to ^

To clarify; the links that I have provided refer to Statutory holidays. BUT, I am uncertain as to whether tesco contractual holidays would be included either via connection to the info in the links above, OR our contracts of employment. And, I do not know how the mechanism of choosing which set of rules (if different to each other) in each instance would work. I hope somebody else on here could supply us with a definitive answer to this.

homelycop

« Reply #32 on: 05-03-18, 09:06PM »
Can anyone help with this policy as I have been sick since Friday and it looks like its going to be a few weeks off. Been with tesco 8 years, forgot to say I'm contracted to 30 hours a week.
« Last Edit: 05-03-18, 09:10PM by homelycop »

cheapncheerful

« Reply #33 on: 06-03-18, 05:15AM »
Sorry to hijack this post. Colleague has just had his 3 sick days made into time owing so he just has to make up the time. Hence no record on his sick absence and he doesn't lose three days' pay. Surely this can't be right? Or can we all ask our managers for this?

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #34 on: 06-03-18, 06:16AM »
@homelycop unsure what your question is?? You won't get paid for the first three contracted days, then you will. You send in a fit note for the time you're off sick ???

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #35 on: 06-03-18, 06:27AM »
@cheapncheerful I think it depends on the circumstances as to why the colleague was off? To which you may not be privvy? This has, and does happen in my store....though as usual, it is manipulated by some...if the time off they wanted is fully booked, they play the system....say nothing about wanting the time off, then 'phone in with a family emergency etc...and take the option to use it as holiday  ??? ???

Unfair to the colleagues left short handed on the department, but on the other hand, the management put a blanket ban on leave at Christmas, then weeks before start offering colleagues to take unpaid ???

Madison15

« Reply #36 on: 07-03-18, 03:38PM »
Hi I wonder if anyone can help me out on this business of sick pay, I'm due to go into hospital for a planned operation on 23rd march my manager and relevant people are aware of this and I have been told by surgeon I require 3 months off work after my surgery I have never had any time off sick before and started with the company in nov 2010, I have asked the relevant questions about sick pay but keep being given different answers as to what I'm entitled to could somebody throw some light on this for me thanks (p.s they have been very supportive of me )

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #37 on: 07-03-18, 04:47PM »
You will get sick pay from day one as it is a planned operation, do no three day waiting unpaid.

You should get 7 weeks paid for the 7 full years to last November.

TripleAAA

« Reply #38 on: 07-03-18, 04:48PM »
Hi Madison15

What exactly are you asking? Due to your length of service you will get 7 weeks company sick pay (your contracted weekly rate excluding overtime) Less any sick pay you have already received this year. After 7 weeks it will be statutory sick pay at £89.35 per week.  You may be able to take some annual leave at the end of your sick pay so you can have another week or 2 at home on your contracted pay however this is at managers discretion.  You can take the holiday pay and then still continue on to statutory sick pay.  After that you will not be entitled to any more company sick pay until your anniversary of joining. Your default position will return to 6 weeks company sick pay and you will build up  another week for each year of service.  All this information is available freely to all staff on our Tesco.

Madison15

« Reply #39 on: 07-03-18, 05:14PM »
I get different answers from different departments wages girl told me if got 40 days sick leave and as I work 5 days that would make it 8 weeks and someone else said as your off the last week nrli of march your entitlement will go back to zero on April 1st so not sure what's what really not very clear

Preacherpauly

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #40 on: 07-03-18, 05:55PM »
Its no wonder managers and higher ups can't be trusted. No one says the same thing they will all tell you something different. Go to the union rep and ask them to sit down with you and your manager and go through it until its all sorted and how you are going to take the time off and what your entitled to.Tell them you want it all in writing before you leave the meeting.

Stop p***y footing around.

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #41 on: 07-03-18, 06:42PM »
In my store the TM was not getting back to people about holiday requests. Many people ended up with weeks to take off during the last few months of year and there has been no staff. Never got offered unpaid leave either this year. Too many managers think just because they have been with the company for decades that they can do and say what they like to assistants without question. TMs are often clueless but have to give the persona that they know what they are talking about.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #42 on: 08-03-18, 08:40AM »
In our store the longer serving managers are the ones that do things right and the newer(younger) managers are the ones that bullsh#t you . My managers been there forever , my holidays are booked until March 2019 and if I ask for sick to be put through as holiday I'd get the lecture from hell!

Dutchrudder

« Reply #43 on: 08-03-18, 09:18AM »
Hi quick question that didn't deserve its own topic. I've got 19 'minus hours' on my payslip this month.

I had one week sick unpaid listed separately
I had one week snowed in which falls in next month's pay

So what do minus hours refer to? It's £190 theyve docked me which isnt insignificant in a month where ill health has already lowered my take home a lot.

I'm contracted less than 19 hours but work full time.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #44 on: 08-03-18, 05:10PM »
It sounds to me that is your "snow week" as it's contracted hrs it would be in this months pay . It's only overtime that cuts off the week before pay day . Just my opinion not fact .

Mrsmorj

« Reply #45 on: 26-04-18, 12:55PM »
Cannanyonevtell me whether old contract members still get paid from day one, i started in 1989, my manager told me today that this all changed end of last year??? I wasn’t told about a change to my terms and conditions??? Plus you now only get s maximum of 4 weeks pay regardless?? With no yearly build up surely this can’t be right????

oldfashionedplayer

« Reply #46 on: 26-04-18, 02:15PM »
should be the same mrsmorj in terms of payment from day 1, policy states:

"If you started on our after 4th July 2004, you are subject to
three day waiting. This means that you won’t receive CSP
for the first three working days of a period of sickness
absence. This excludes Managers."

Less than 6 months Nil
6 months but less than 1 year 1 week
1 year but less than 2 years 2 weeks
2 years but less than 3 years 3 weeks
3 years but less than 4 years 4 weeks
4 years but less than 5 years 5 weeks
5 years but less than 6 years 6 weeks
6 years + An additional week for each year of service, up to a
maximum of 16 weeks*
* After 6 years’ service, the number of paid days’ sick leave you took in the previous year will be deducted from your new
year’s sickness allowance. However, once you’ve built up a six week allowance it becomes your ‘fall back’ position - this
means that regardless of the amount of paid sick leave you take in any year you will always be eligible for a minimum of six
weeks sick pay each year going forward."

policies can be found on the ourtesco -
Working At Tesco
People Policies
Time Away From Work
Sickness Absence

claden

• Smart Arse
« Reply #47 on: 26-04-18, 03:43PM »
Cannanyonevtell me whether old contract members still get paid from day one, i started in 1989, my manager told me today that this all changed end of last year??? I wasn’t told about a change to my terms and conditions??? Plus you now only get s maximum of 4 weeks pay regardless?? With no yearly build up surely this can’t be right????
Your manager is talking out of his backside nothing has changed you get paid from day 1 and a week a year to a maximum of 16 weeks

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #48 on: 26-04-18, 05:30PM »

day one ,

seems your manager likes telling 'porkies ,

ask him to print off the policy ,

or better still ask him to send you a copy of it to your e mail account   ;D

employee222

« Reply #49 on: 09-05-18, 06:06PM »
Could you to help me with explaining my case. Since I am an employee from 7 November 2017, I have a question about SSP Sickness pay. I'm a week after a hand surgery and I'm currently at home more one week. I will not to work long as the treatment and rehabilitation of the hand is necessary for at least a month.
Of course, I have papers from the attending physician that I can not go to work. (Statement of Fitness for Work SSP) I have a question about paying from an employer in sickness.
What sickness benefit am I entitled to?According to contract information, my employer will not pay anything because I work for less than six months at Tesco. Do I only entitled to state pay from sickness its about 92,05 pounds fo week?
Could you confirm my sickness benefits or pay from sickness I can received and how much? It's not a nice situation, and I'm certainly not happy that I have health problems.

Thank you for your help and answer.

Well thank you.