Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12-12-19, 09:23AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62857
  • Total Topics: 1104
  • Online Today: 124
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Express Deputy Manager  (Read 162108 times)

Olivia Pope

Re: Express Deputy Manager
« Reply #25 on: 12-02-17, 10:59PM »
Group Pms are in consultation, this is for large format. They have realigned the role to cover two groups and will have an ER people partner to support. This is seperate to convenience.
Feedback on all trials for convenience structure have been feed back and everyone is waiting for the updates around what will happen.

Cheekymonkey007

• Know All
« Reply #26 on: 12-02-17, 11:03PM »
You heard of any rough timescales around deputy ?
Cheeky monkey

Olivia Pope

« Reply #27 on: 12-02-17, 11:08PM »
Most are talking about week 1 or 2

Cheekymonkey007

• Know All
« Reply #28 on: 12-02-17, 11:13PM »
Yes ...let's hope we know soon x
Cheeky monkey

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #29 on: 13-02-17, 12:29AM »
Pathfinder: Your SM says DMs aren't going, whereas my SM says they are!  I think I'm immune to all this nonsense now!  Nothing stopping anyone who is worried about their job looking for another one now.
or waiting a few more weeks to see if they will get a pay day,
so why not just wait

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #30 on: 13-02-17, 03:31AM »
      we all wanted some new, but not this news
But and as we will see tonight, the s*** will hit the fan,
BBC Panarama Tonight, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-38893887
« Last Edit: 13-02-17, 03:36AM by notsofunny »

blutopia

• Smart Arse
« Reply #31 on: 13-02-17, 08:31AM »
Pathfinder: Your SM says DMs aren't going, whereas my SM says they are!  I think I'm immune to all this nonsense now!  Nothing stopping anyone who is worried about their job looking for another one now.
or waiting a few more weeks to see if they will get a pay day,
so why not just wait

If you aren't bothered about being on the rock and roll for a while, sure, you can just wait.  But looking for another job now would enable you to tune in to the outside jobs market, could lead to a job offer that would at least give you a choice between leaving Tesco or waiting for a pay-off or, better still, should your Tesco job be made redundant you might be far enough down the interview route that you could walk straight into another job.  I know the Tesco redundancy package for older, long serving colleagues is a big incentive to wait, but you might be surprised to find a really good job elsewhere that makes a redundancy payoff less attractive than the offer of a better long term future in a decent company.

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #32 on: 13-02-17, 09:33AM »
What you say is also true, but the way I am looking at it is that even if they say that the role is going, it will be at least till the end of April second week in May that the job goes, and if they do say it is going, then we will still have about 10 weeks to find something.

On top of which the pay off will also give depending on the length of service more time, when you talk about longer service you have to remember for some this will be the first time that they will get a chance to take a break, rest recharge and start again, and remember they just could decide that they cant make it work and things go on as they are, in which case we will still have a chance to find something new.

Cheekymonkey007

• Know All
« Reply #33 on: 13-02-17, 11:10PM »
Any news anyone ?
Cheeky monkey

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #34 on: 13-02-17, 11:30PM »
I doubt there be any more info now until we get notified consultations begin.

Cheekymonkey007

• Know All
« Reply #35 on: 13-02-17, 11:32PM »
Week 1-2 your thoughts ?
Cheeky monkey

mosquito

• Regular Pain
« Reply #36 on: 13-02-17, 11:34PM »
Just lots of confusion .Does anyone really know.

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #37 on: 13-02-17, 11:35PM »
More and more talk about it all,, Even those d/m's that had not talked about it before are talking, But it all seems like the same story, cant see it being done this week, what with the 14 being red rose day, then the price labels problem,, so If they decide to go ahead since trail ended last week , think its got to start like I think Deputy said in first week,,, One thing that has been said by 2 of the trail stores is that the 3rd shift runner will also be lead runner ,,

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #38 on: 13-02-17, 11:40PM »
not so funny would make sense the 3rd being that as there will be a large number of dms who will step down as they won be losing much money

mosquito

• Regular Pain
« Reply #39 on: 13-02-17, 11:50PM »
I know its not the same for everyone but im hoping this will happen now, why I do enjoy my deputy role the step down does not appeal and financially would be not worth doing after 21 years service, I do not want to go back to main store either so for me I would want the redundancy, how about you guys..

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #40 on: 13-02-17, 11:54PM »
well my thinking has always been that there has to be a lead person, also so that the others have something to aim for , but having spoken to 4 d/m today I can see that those that have been around for 10 years are going to take the money and run,, and as such just makes me worry that Tosco decided its to much of a risk to cut the d/m roll, some are also scared that they wont get the offer of redundancy ,,, worrying times we live in,,, even the car sales man is praying We get a pay out...........

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #41 on: 14-02-17, 12:05AM »
I know its not the same for everyone but im hoping this will happen now, why I do enjoy my deputy role the step down does not appeal and financially would be not worth doing after 21 years service, I do not want to go back to main store either so for me I would want the redundancy, how about you guys..

So you have seen this before as well,,, for me its the third time around, and this time I want out, Think they would be happy with me gone what with old contract and all , some came from main store just to stay in a job, and I have heard that some have been given jobs back in main store in the last month or so,, But with every thing going on there , whats to say it wont happen again once you have moved back,,, Me I want out

Cheekymonkey007

• Know All
« Reply #42 on: 14-02-17, 12:24AM »
Agreed
Cheeky monkey

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #43 on: 14-02-17, 12:35AM »
well my thinking has always been that there has to be a lead person, also so that the others have something to aim for , but having spoken to 4 d/m today I can see that those that have been around for 10 years are going to take the money and run,, and as such just makes me worry that Tosco decided its to much of a risk to cut the d/m roll, some are also scared that they wont get the offer of redundancy ,,, worrying times we live in,,, even the car sales man is praying We get a pay out...........

There is no additional pay for lead one. They will get step up payment when SM is on holiday that is all from what I am led to believe. As for Deputy's at over 10 years service it is a very small number. Even then majority are on small salaries. Remember Deputy role has only been there for 5 years and unless you came from across format or done other roles then the older ones will be on around 24--25k only because of the 7% increase when bonus was removed but anyone starting after that were still getting starting salaries of what it was with bonus.  They know that the higher aid will opt for redundancy as that's what  there wanting. The ones on 25-30k out of the door for long term savings.

Expressdep

« Reply #44 on: 14-02-17, 07:19PM »
Speaking to my ops manager today he told me that our area manager hasn't been briefed about DM jobs yet. I'm in the North.

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #45 on: 14-02-17, 07:29PM »
Ops Manager is speaking rubbish then as North AMs were briefed by Karen in Week 49.

Cheekymonkey007

• Know All
« Reply #46 on: 14-02-17, 07:58PM »
Lol ... they all know... but aren't allowed to say ....
Cheeky monkey

Nonstop

« Reply #47 on: 15-02-17, 03:09PM »
Express dude2016 do you think redundancy is a definite option for express deputy's  rumours flying around it's not going to be an option

blutopia

• Smart Arse
« Reply #48 on: 15-02-17, 03:35PM »
For redundancy NOT to be an option, the company has to offer a reasonable alternative - reasonable to you, not reasonable to them!  This would include pay, location, status and working hours.  What may be reasonable to one person may not be reasonable to another - for example, for some people a change of hours could wreak havoc with domestic responsibilities but may be no problem for others.  If agreement cannot be reached, ultimately it would be for an industrial tribunal to decide.

I don't know if it's happening throughout the whole company, but there's a review of colleagues' shifts/hours about to happen in my store, part of which is a requirement to disclose your availability.  DMs probably have little option but to admit to maximum flexibility as they've probably had to be in order to do the DM job!  Their best red line in determining whether it's a redundancy is probably status if they aren't offered a management role (no doubt would have to be in a larger format)

Nonstop

« Reply #49 on: 15-02-17, 04:07PM »
Thanks for that 👍