Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
17-10-19, 08:15AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8505
  • Latest: Foysi
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61663
  • Total Topics: 1083
  • Online Today: 135
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 112
Total: 119

Author Topic: Express Deputy Manager  (Read 155864 times)

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
Express Deputy Manager
« on: 10-02-17, 11:56PM »
Though it might be worth starting new thread for this role given the impending loss of role which is away to be announced soon. Better to have it all in one place than scattered over different threads.

So far we know role is now going and that week 1 or 2 is likely week consultations begin.

Area Managers had there briefing last week,

Cheekymonkey007

• Know All
Re: Express Deputy Manager
« Reply #1 on: 11-02-17, 12:15AM »
My sm told me it's likely to start from week one ... and I know loads of deputies have been shipped into superstores and extras ...
Cheeky monkey

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #2 on: 11-02-17, 02:49AM »
 what we need is to be told what is going on,
I was so sure it was going to happen this week from what I had been told and heard,
If they have decided what they are doing, then why the need to wait till week 1 or 2?

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #3 on: 11-02-17, 06:13AM »
notsofunny  the area managers were only briefed last week. They obviously have to then prepare for consultations letters etc

Whisky1

« Reply #4 on: 11-02-17, 08:32AM »
If you take redundancy is there any option to keep paying in to your save as you earn until completion?

kaled78

• Know All
« Reply #5 on: 11-02-17, 11:06AM »
If you take redundancy is there any option to keep paying in to your save as you earn until completion?

I believe you only get back what you have paid in so far

Princess2016

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #6 on: 11-02-17, 11:24AM »
Do we know if they will be announcing any more nightshift cuts?

Nowanexmgr

• Regular Pain
« Reply #7 on: 11-02-17, 11:28AM »

When I took redundancy in 2015 that was an option open to all who took it then. Don't know if it's changed now though.

Pathfinder

• Regular Pain
  • Believe
« Reply #8 on: 11-02-17, 12:56PM »
much denial from Sm that anything is happening, but gold Ca's are in place to take on extra shift cover  . But still my deputy believes nothing is going to happen ,as his best mate is group personnel and  they would tell him if anything in pipe line . Maybe it's because of the so many faces they have and he's taking to the wrong face.

lol ok

« Reply #9 on: 11-02-17, 01:25PM »
Probably more likely that the area managers have had to sign a confidentiality clause

Nonstop

« Reply #10 on: 11-02-17, 01:35PM »
Looks like that deputy is losing his best mate 🤥🤥🤥🤥

blutopia

• Smart Arse
« Reply #11 on: 11-02-17, 01:44PM »
Pathfinder: Your SM says DMs aren't going, whereas my SM says they are!  I think I'm immune to all this nonsense now!  Nothing stopping anyone who is worried about their job looking for another one now.

dm

« Reply #12 on: 11-02-17, 03:26PM »
Has anyone look on e learning new section for convenience.
shift leader pack in there.

Olivia Pope

« Reply #13 on: 11-02-17, 04:12PM »
Convenience shift leader e learning has been available since the re structure in metro

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #14 on: 11-02-17, 05:08PM »
[/quote
When I took redundancy in 2015 that was an option open to all who took it then. Don't know if it's changed now though.
I had asked , And was told we could keep paying into it, But why would you want to,?
As I understand it, All your share options will also get paid out, and no Dealing fees as well,

niroragie

« Reply #15 on: 11-02-17, 05:11PM »

HI, im new to the board. may i ask you how did they work out your redundancy pay, I've completed 8 years service and current pay is 532.00 a week before tax, worry about my job mortgage wedding etc:(

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #16 on: 11-02-17, 05:26PM »

We are all in one way or other worried about our jobs, some more so than others, Young family and so on,
As to you asking for how much you will or could get, Its not just , how many years you have worked, its also about what age you started working, and what age you are today,

You will find a Redundancy calculator On this site,

Think you have to pay to get access to it, and its only a few pounds to become a member,

Take my word for it, its worth it

niroragie

« Reply #17 on: 11-02-17, 05:35PM »

We are all in one way or other worried about our jobs, some more so than others, Young family and so on,
As to you asking for how much you will or could get, Its not just , how many years you have worked, its also about what age you started working, and what age you are today,

You will find a Redundancy calculator On this site,

Think you have to pay to get access to it, and its only a few pounds to become a member,

Take my word for it, its worth it

thank you, i just became a member
is it under the links? what is it exactly called mate? i started when i was 24 now 33 (8 years of service).. it is doing my heading, im already thinking, about the reasons i should give if they offer me another job. i am inclined to find a another job, as i dont think it will be difficult after working so many years for Tesco. what do you think..

also please let me know about the calculator..or a rough amount i would get, as to how many weeks of pay i might get,

Cheekymonkey007

• Know All
« Reply #18 on: 11-02-17, 05:54PM »
Press the home button and look under links... it's the VLH redundancy calculator. Good luck
Cheeky monkey

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #19 on: 11-02-17, 05:54PM »
You will find lots and lots of Info on this site, in fact more than you will in store,

If you click on home page at the top, It will open up a list of things on your right,

About 6 down is ,,VLH Redundancy calculator, that's what has been used in the past, But remember I am not saying its what they will use again,

Last thing less of you giving out information about your self or were you are from,
Good luck

stockrotateman

• Smart Arse
« Reply #20 on: 11-02-17, 05:56PM »
Niroragie. Press the home button at the top and the vlh redundancy calculator is in the links section on the right.

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #21 on: 11-02-17, 08:47PM »
Niroagie

If you are you, you may be better off changing your name on the site (if possible) before making any future comments etc.

IF however you are one of the many people who get on to the site so that they can get information for friends, relatives or strangers (just being nosy about a bosses possible redundancy package) please disregard the advice, go in peace, and make sure you are not as open about your own details on this site. As you never know who is reading. :)

Oh, and welcome to the forum
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

lol ok

« Reply #22 on: 11-02-17, 08:55PM »
There's an e learning section for convenience that's been loaded today...I'm guessing no one will be surprised to see it's got shift leader my role pack in it

Dwight

« Reply #23 on: 12-02-17, 12:15AM »
Some Group PM's are 100% getting made redundant. Heard pretty much from the horses mouth but it's still mid process at the minute. In Scotland anyway but I'd imagine it's company wide.

Cheekymonkey007

• Know All
« Reply #24 on: 12-02-17, 12:42AM »
That's why it's so hush hush then because they will have to do the consultation meetings, with theirs straight after x
Cheeky monkey