Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
13-10-19, 11:12PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61562
  • Total Topics: 1080
  • Online Today: 183
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 135
Total: 139

Author Topic: Express Deputy Manager  (Read 155592 times)

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
Re: Express Deputy Manager
« Reply #50 on: 15-02-17, 04:27PM »
Spot on what blutopia another way they could not go down that route is if they offered dm the extra shift leader role but kept pay the same which I can not see given the range of salarys from 21k -30+. They used to do this but not these days.

kurious1234

• Regular Pain
« Reply #51 on: 15-02-17, 08:39PM »
The elearning is labeled at the top for metro shiftleader as they already have that structure. However in the elearning is a bit on the Esso workshop which im pretty sure is an Express only arrangement. Will eventually be used for express too I guess but not a definate indication of the deputy role unfortunately.

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #52 on: 15-02-17, 09:07PM »
Spot on what blutopia another way they could not go down that route is if they offered dm the extra shift leader role but kept pay the same which I can not see given the range of salarys from 21k -30+. They used to do this but not these days.

So a down grade on your roll would trigger Redundancy as would a pay cut or freeze ,
And like you said you cant see that on pay being offered, and would not make sense if they did after doing all they are doing in brining in a new pay structure

blutopia

• Smart Arse
« Reply #53 on: 15-02-17, 09:38PM »
Yes, a downgrade should come with a redundancy option - the old job has gone (that's what redundancy is!); a lesser job is not a reasonable substitute.

Cheekymonkey007

• Know All
« Reply #54 on: 16-02-17, 12:38AM »
Does anyone know if I'm on maternity does all my holidays automatically get taken over into the next financial yr ?
Cheeky monkey

Cheekymonkey007

• Know All
« Reply #55 on: 16-02-17, 12:57AM »
Found this on "our tesco" ...Do I have to use all my holidays in this holiday year?
Yes. You are unable to carry over any outstanding holiday allowance at the end of the holiday year into the new holiday year, or to be paid for any outstanding holiday.  It’s your responsibility to make sure you have booked and taken all of your holiday within the holiday year so that you don’t lose out.

The only exception is if you are on maternity, adoption or shared parental leave at the end of the holiday year. In these cases there are some different options which you can discuss with your manager. If you are on a period of long term absence you may be able to carry a limited amount of holiday over to the new holiday year.
Cheeky monkey

Olivia Pope

« Reply #56 on: 16-02-17, 08:05PM »
Hi, the good news is that with the change in sickness policy came an update around holidays. If you have had absence or a leave - IE maternity instead of being paid up any holiday outstanding you can carry it over - up to a % as you should of taken some. Ideally your request would be looked upon more positively if you raise it before the end of holiday year and give your manager time to plan/discuss your request

Cheekymonkey007

• Know All
« Reply #57 on: 16-02-17, 08:54PM »
Thank you . Any news on deputy mgr removal yet ?
Cheeky monkey

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #58 on: 16-02-17, 09:12PM »
cheekymonkey there wont be any news or even leaks now until after 52.

jay-rich

« Reply #59 on: 17-02-17, 01:35PM »
I've been told today by my SM that the trials aren't over and they are still feeding back to them upstairs, so no decisions have been made yet! What is going on?!?!?!?

Nonstop

« Reply #60 on: 17-02-17, 02:18PM »
Think our sm is telling you a big fat porkie there 🤥

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #61 on: 17-02-17, 02:34PM »
I've been told today by my SM that the trials aren't over and they are still feeding back to them upstairs, so no decisions have been made yet! What is going on?!?!?!?

It's downstairs!  :)

Olivia Pope

« Reply #62 on: 17-02-17, 11:23PM »
Trial feedback all received, AM acknowledged this at time,

kurious1234

• Regular Pain
« Reply #63 on: 17-02-17, 11:30PM »
Was told we would hear result very soon by PM although he first said he had heard nothing. They know but cant say. Lots of team leader interviews going on. Its obvious apart from the date

Olivia Pope

« Reply #64 on: 17-02-17, 11:34PM »
Just one of many changes, so many DMs moving already it's no wonder interviews and training happening

blutopia

• Smart Arse
« Reply #65 on: 18-02-17, 12:22AM »
You can't rely on anything you're told in this company, what with bull$hit from those managers who need to feel superior by showing they 'know it all' and declaring their opinions as fact, others who do know the truth but need to feel superior by being 'in the know' while keeping their 'underlings' in the dark so claim nothing's been decided yet and the remaining few who are honest about what they do or don't know.  The difficulty is knowing what category each manager is part of.

Cheekymonkey007

• Know All
« Reply #66 on: 18-02-17, 12:25AM »
Feedback all received. A store in my group was trial and there is no deputy mgr vacancies on the group. It's all about moving hrs around the business ATM .. working where there's work, workshops happening for SM right now ... deputies not allowed to attend. Again I've been told something happening week 1-2 for deputy
Cheeky monkey

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #67 on: 18-02-17, 06:55AM »
Was told we would hear result very soon by PM although he first said he had heard nothing. They know but cant say. Lots of team leader interviews going on. Its obvious apart from the date

Lets be honest here what would the results of the Pilot have been. They did it over  the seasonal period where all the stores would have doing were filling, or covering holidays of course it was going to work. They knew this when they decided on this time so there was no negative feed back nor any barriers to be found.

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #68 on: 18-02-17, 09:53PM »
...and if it has worked 'fine' during the busiest period, then 'going forwards'??????
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

CostsExpress

« Reply #69 on: 19-02-17, 11:01AM »
Agree and that is the problem if the trial works then great, it will be put into place and the saving will happen

The only problem will be with the weak SM's out there and we know there are some in every group, SM's will have to start managing there time differently and do what it says on the tin as they will be responsible and accountable for everything in the shop, so I'm sorry the new shift leaders will cop everything and will be delegated with everything.

Keep an ear out for Thursday this week coming  ;)

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #70 on: 19-02-17, 11:45AM »
costa its not a saving as much as the new shift leader and part time one is a cost of 28k a year. There is not a lot of current deputys up in that bracket with vast majority on 21-24k so in actual fact cost will increase.

CostsExpress

« Reply #71 on: 19-02-17, 12:13PM »
Yes I can see where you are coming from. But I'm seeing a saving where you will not have to use OT to cover holidays and sickness you can use the PT shift leader to cover the short fall as it will happen.

kurious1234

• Regular Pain
« Reply #72 on: 19-02-17, 12:22PM »
Costa. Whats important about this coming Thursday??

Arizonarugby

• Know All
« Reply #73 on: 19-02-17, 12:53PM »
Yes I can see where you are coming from. But I'm seeing a saving where you will not have to use OT to cover holidays and sickness you can use the PT shift leader to cover the short fall as it will happen.
Costa the structure will be exactly the same as with the distribution managers - which basically is every thing cut to the bone with no contingency for any for shortfalls due to any unforeseen circumstances i.e. Ill health, accidents etc

CostsExpress

« Reply #74 on: 19-02-17, 01:35PM »
But to be honest sometimes I think we have only our selfs to blame for this happening, SM's on my group have been crying for years for a extra TL. Saying if we had one our jobs as SM's would be achieveable and the company has listened but at the expense of the DMs

Sad times