Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
17-10-19, 07:23AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8505
  • Latest: Foysi
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61663
  • Total Topics: 1083
  • Online Today: 135
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Express Deputy Manager  (Read 155860 times)

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
Re: Express Deputy Manager
« Reply #1325 on: 24-06-17, 02:35AM »
Any one got the p45 yet ? I cant remember what they said about it, and I have not got it  8-)

Thanks in advance for a reply.

Tom Hardy

• Know All
« Reply #1326 on: 24-06-17, 06:18AM »
I was told would be 4 weeks after leaving but probably have to chase them for months  ???

Nuuthatch

« Reply #1327 on: 24-06-17, 07:48AM »
P45's are printed off the stores payroll reports. Contact the store and they just need to print them off

TescoNerd2007

• Know All
« Reply #1328 on: 24-06-17, 10:07AM »
I received my p45 to my home address last week.

bugsbunny

• Regular Pain
« Reply #1329 on: 24-06-17, 02:37PM »
Managers lost their sunday double time last november

Cheekymonkey007

• Know All
« Reply #1330 on: 04-07-17, 12:24AM »
Anyone one know how express shops are coping without deputies ?
Cheeky monkey

Rad

• Know All
« Reply #1331 on: 04-07-17, 08:22AM »
Half our stores didnt have deputies for the last year so they are better with an extra shift leader. In stores that had  deputies, the free time the sm has is spent training the new shift leaders.  This is the key time.   

expressman77

« Reply #1332 on: 04-07-17, 11:53AM »
wow things have changed since deputies have left.
a SM actualy training a shift leader and not just giving them the keys and passwords

YOKO66

« Reply #1333 on: 04-07-17, 06:14PM »
going really bad in our store , standards have dropped, routines are a mess with high out of code on fresh.lots of customers complaining but Sm still thinks he is doing a good job ,replenishment poor  with grocery deliveries taking up to 3 days to complete   

Teddybonkers

• Regular Pain
« Reply #1334 on: 05-07-17, 05:30PM »

Made absolutely no difference in my store. The former DM decided to step down but has carried on covering the role - such as it was. Works longer hours now, but is still excused late's.

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #1335 on: 05-07-17, 11:00PM »

If the D/M is still doing the same job, and doing extra hours then he seems to be wanting to  work more for less pay,
In Most of the stores I have been in they are struggling ,Those that have been taken on are lost In Express, and some store have still not got full cover, In places that The D/M stepped down Its a case of going by the new job roll, and starting on time and not before, and going home on time not after , S/M s have had to step up the time they spend on the shop floor, but also having to do the jobs that the D/M did , The concern that Most SMs have is that no one is around to take up the slack from the DM leaving, and Uncertainty as to what will happen when the S/M is on holiday ,
Waste has gone sky high and the Availability has dropped , but at the moment how much of that is due the extra fresh they are pushing in  sales are on target but then the sun has been out

Arizonarugby

• Know All
« Reply #1336 on: 06-07-17, 12:29PM »

Made absolutely no difference in my store. The former DM decided to step down but has carried on covering the role - such as it was. Works longer hours now, but is still excused late's.
Then more the fool him, this is exactly what Tesco wanted, people doing the same job for less money and why they claim the changes are working.

specialgravy

« Reply #1337 on: 06-07-17, 09:13PM »
new shift leaders are struggling. training is nothing like what is needed to prepare them for life in express. i know of one store local to me that lost both new shift leaders within three weeks, one after the first shift! yet another example of staff being let down by management of this company.

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #1338 on: 08-07-17, 02:38AM »

made a few visits and seems a lot of the new shift runners have or are planning to make a run for it ,, ;D , seems that they had been made to think or they had been thinking it was going to be easy , to top it all not much training has been done since they ha just been given keys and told to run the shifts, a lot of the CAs that had made the step up to shift runners are saying they want to step down as well,, In most cases I think its just that the S/M is not giving them the chance to get used to things   :o

trolleyboy96

• Know All
« Reply #1339 on: 08-07-17, 09:38AM »
One thing I have noticed, the deputies that staying still wearing the deckchair styled managers uniform. Yet on yammer it was clearly stated shift supervisors should be in uniform for all (blue).

Saying that we still have a placement who stepped down in managers uniform, been given new uniform yet seems reluctant to change back, which is odd as they have stuck him on trollies when he returned.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #1340 on: 08-07-17, 06:45PM »
I doubt they have the required uniform yet so either they wear the managers one or go naked.

trolleyboy96

• Know All
« Reply #1341 on: 08-07-17, 07:15PM »
Uniform comes through weekly, unless it's a difficult size plenty in stock currently, we have regular uniform drops every Wednesday, order by Saturday previous week it arrives Wednesday. Every store is different, although guessing the deputies had all the passwords to authorise.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #1342 on: 09-07-17, 07:22AM »
Oh right no idea then. Although not sure why it matters their pay wont be the same.