Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
23-01-19, 03:21AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6331
  • Latest: Mk
Stats
  • Total Posts: 75916
  • Total Topics: 1552
  • Online Today: 145
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 80
Total: 82

Author Topic: Tosco Shares - Buy or Sell? Well Hello Delores!!  (Read 34074 times)

TheViking

Re: Tosco Shares - Buy or Sell? Well Hello Delores!!
« Reply #25 on: 12-04-17, 11:05PM »
It's no wonder the share price went down, scary increase in the pension black hole.Tesco bank operating profit halved, and the international business stalling. and we all know the structural challenges in the core UK business. Then there's the Booker merger where there is overwhelming evidence that takeovers are usually value destroying. sadly a lot of staff are stuck with big paper losses, I cut my loss when they hit £2.15 last year, don't see any value in holding on to them, see this heading back towards £1.50 and then might be worth a punt.

sunshineman

« Reply #26 on: 01-05-17, 06:19PM »
How do we check on our current shares. Not sure how many i have and if to sell them or not

Cheekymonkey007

• Know All
« Reply #27 on: 01-05-17, 07:07PM »
How do we check on our current shares. Not sure how many i have and if to sell them or not

Shares tel no: automated system
0371 384 2976
Cheeky monkey

sunshineman

« Reply #28 on: 01-05-17, 07:25PM »
Is there a way to do it online ? I used to check online a couple of years ago but I have forgotten the details of the website.

fargone

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #29 on: 01-05-17, 07:35PM »
Personally, I will be parking them for five years.

his scots tie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #30 on: 01-05-17, 08:27PM »
shareview.co.uk/tesco

just curious

• Smart Arse
« Reply #31 on: 01-05-17, 08:42PM »
Personally, I will be parking them for five years.

Good luck to you if the company gets turned around and the share price goes up  :thumbup: :thumbup:, looking how the share price has been over the last few years i wouldn't hold my breath though  8-) 8-) . I personally myself would cash em in and take the money and run before they possibly go the same way as BHS and Comet etc  :( :( :'( :'(.

picktocube

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #32 on: 01-05-17, 08:51PM »
The only thing that may make the shares a bit more profitable is the re-introduction of the dividends . This makes them a little bit more attractive for investors .

Om12nv

« Reply #33 on: 01-05-17, 09:12PM »
The only thing that may make the shares a bit more profitable is the re-introduction of the dividends . This makes them a little bit more attractive for investors .
I believe that is happening this financial year

picktocube

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #34 on: 01-05-17, 09:18PM »
Yes ,it is ,and I suppose it also depends on what percentage they will be paying out aswell.

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #35 on: 23-08-17, 12:30PM »
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/tesco-accounting-compensation-scheme-customers-millions-fca-sfo-a7907811.html

A rise on the shares today so far due to this but still not making up for the losses.

smartass

« Reply #36 on: 23-08-17, 01:55PM »
Does this complicate things?

https://ibb.co/eJg8HQ

terra

• Know All
« Reply #37 on: 23-08-17, 02:01PM »
And how do you claim if you bought through BAYE as it wants copies of contracts of purchase...or don't staff count

Wearethehearts

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #38 on: 23-08-17, 02:13PM »
you cant claim if you bought through BAYE drastic has put a statement on the HISTESCO site , saying only available if you bought independently from baye.

Another slap in the face and show of contempt to those he hopes to help turn the company around.

Trolleywally

« Reply #39 on: 24-08-17, 12:48AM »
Sell most of your shares and keep a few shares as interest in the company and a vote at the AGM as this is what I did after I retired.

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #40 on: 05-10-17, 09:00PM »
When I retired In August 2015 sold all my shares and kept 10 shares just to have a vote in the AGM and get a small dividend every six months.

;D ;D ;D :D :D  Hope the 10p Dividend helps you In your retirement ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Trolleywally

« Reply #41 on: 06-10-17, 12:47AM »
When I retired In August 2015 sold all my shares and kept 10 shares just to have a vote in the AGM and get a small dividend every six months.

;D ;D ;D :D :D  Hope the 10p Dividend helps you In your retirement ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Thanks but it will not as I can remember when the shares where over £5,the good old days.

OvaSees

• Smart Arse
« Reply #42 on: 06-10-17, 09:51AM »
Don't forget that at the moment Drastic walked in the share price opened at 189.60 and last night it closed at 186.60 - the company is worth 1.58% less than when he walked in despite his 'turnaround'. The return of dividends is indeed welcome although the yield is lower under his guidance. Drastic himself only owns 100,000 shares and only buys 70-odd a month through his benefits package. Alan Stewart has the same deal and only owns half as many shares...

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #43 on: 06-10-17, 12:19PM »
Oversees the "only" kills me.

Especially when he is getting 4 million bonus and 150k relocation.

I bet when he leaves he'll still have 100k of shaes or 180K of cash because it'll just be like forgot about pocket change.

OvaSees

• Smart Arse
« Reply #44 on: 06-10-17, 02:12PM »
You are right, sorry if that came across badly my point was they have acquired a very small shareholding for a CEO and CFO and it looks like they hardly pay anything into their version of the SAYE scheme (around £80 a month).

OpShunned

• Smart Arse
« Reply #45 on: 06-10-17, 10:34PM »
Mr Lewis and finance boss Alan Stewart will also benefit personally from the return of a dividend as they deferred their respective £860,000 and £424,000 share awards until 2019 or “until the resumption of dividend payments”.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/09/30/tesco-signal-comeback-return-dividend/

THEY 'deferred' because they wanted to see the back of the heat that welcomed them when taking charge of the purse strings.

All they have achieved in front of their smoke and mirror illusion is to slash and burn the company.

All this brand BS is superficial. Customers are currently being drip-fed the real nature of this 'fresh food/meat'  background while the cabal champions the growth in sales it has realised. The cabal wouldn't touch it with a bargepole  ;D

When the Booker merger fails, the share price will plummet. In the meantime the robber barons will have lined their pockets even further.

« Last Edit: 06-10-17, 10:35PM by OpShunned »

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #46 on: 07-11-17, 12:21PM »
Tesco PLC
LON: TSCO - Nov 7, 12:09 PM GMT
176.40GBXPrice decrease0.15 (0.08%)

Isn't Dave's job remit to improve the share value :question:

calvin

« Reply #47 on: 23-01-18, 10:11PM »
Can anyone tell me when the 3 year saye will be available. Is it early Feb or March? Thanks.

Sam29

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #48 on: 23-01-18, 10:24PM »
It’s early March. I for one can’t wait so I can leave !

brucie

« Reply #49 on: 10-02-18, 10:45AM »
one of my colleagues tells me there is a forth option on this years share options to take cash, without buying the shares and immediately selling them. if you do this take the cash without buying and selling the shares, you will lose at yesterdays close 49p per share profit you would have made. this could save the company thousands.