Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
15-10-19, 10:51PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61620
  • Total Topics: 1082
  • Online Today: 177
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: informal investigation meeting  (Read 15806 times)

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
Re: informal investigation meeting
« Reply #25 on: 16-04-17, 09:58PM »
It is the decision of the store manager if an " outsider" will be permitted access for non employees, if the colleague is of legal age.

There is an Area office for USDAW you can ring for advice. Any USDAW reps out there who have their diaries to give the different area phone numbers for concernedmum to choose their area ??? ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #26 on: 16-04-17, 10:29PM »
I am not a rep but here are some phone numbers;

https://www.usdaw.org.uk/Contact-Us/Usdaw-Offices

I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Concernedmum

« Reply #27 on: 16-04-17, 10:31PM »
Hi folks,
Been looking at disciplinary book and usdaw pages on company site and it def states that he can't be accompanied by parent / guardian unless under 18 or has special needs - unless parent is a colleague too. This might explain situations others are quoting where parents have gone into meetings.
Hopefully it will all become clear on Friday what he's supposed to have done, its going to be a very a long week. Hopefully a storm in a tea cup,  But I'll push him to find rep and join union.... cheers for the suggestion lucgeo and phone numbers link  optout
Help and comments much appreciated.
 :)

spike_pkh

• Know All
« Reply #28 on: 17-04-17, 06:23AM »
I would have been embarrassed at 19 for my mum to come to work to be in a meeting. He is an adult, he shouldn't be relying on mummy.

I am all for him having someone with him, but make it someone who is knowledgeable in tesco policy or a friend.

horatiocain

• Know All
« Reply #29 on: 17-04-17, 06:26AM »
Before i left they tried to make us clock out and back in for breaks, told us it was tesco policy, it isn't, there is no policy stating you must clock out for your breaks at all, the wages system will automatically adjust your wages for breaks so there is no need to clock out, also in the event of fire the system would show you as having left if you clock out for your break so from a pure saftey perspective shouldn't be done.

Training is simple, you clock it as you start the shift and clock out at the end of your shift, that's it.

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #30 on: 17-04-17, 07:57AM »
In my store we do not clock in/out for breaks.

snowyowl

• Smart Arse
« Reply #31 on: 17-04-17, 08:08AM »
Concernedmum;
But I'll push him to find rep and join union....
I'm sorry but he can't just join the Union because he's in the sh*te, if that was the case nobody would join until they where in a similar position. Get him to take in a colleague (preferably an ex-union rep) somebody who can take notes and witness what is said and be sure to get copies of the notes taken at that meeting in case it escalates. That's all he can do really. Be assured it'll probably turn out to be something and nothing or they will c**k up if they haven't already.   ;)

Concernedmum

« Reply #32 on: 17-04-17, 09:52AM »
Snowyowl - did wonder about timing of joining union, responses on here suggested would be ok.  He's 6 months in to a part time job, he didn't even know the union existed up till now - that's how cr*p his induction was.
Spike_pkh thanks for your input will bear it in mind.....

snowyowl

• Smart Arse
« Reply #33 on: 17-04-17, 11:04AM »
Tell him to try to join the Union, they are so desperate they might just take him on but it shouldn't happen, it would be unfair on all the members who religiously pay their subs.  ;)

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #34 on: 17-04-17, 06:56PM »
It's up to the individual rep if they are willing to represent someone who is already aware of a problem.
It's been discussed on VLH before and some say they will, while others won't.
Your son is not yet involved in any investigation so he should definitely find out if he can get a rep to help him.

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #35 on: 18-04-17, 12:14AM »
if there is any trouble getting hold of a form, or time is short;

Join the union here;

https://www.usdaw.org.uk/Join-Us/Join-Online-Now
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Cheekymonkey007

• Know All
« Reply #36 on: 18-04-17, 12:35AM »
Cheeky monkey

claden

• Smart Arse
« Reply #37 on: 18-04-17, 07:31AM »
Once you join the union no rep should be refusing you help whether you were in trouble before you joined or not. I don't even ask people if they are in the union I'll help anyone.

snowyowl

• Smart Arse
« Reply #38 on: 18-04-17, 07:49AM »
claden, can't you see that that is fundamentally wrong? Don't get me wrong I have no faith or trust in Usbore and I would like to see them removed from Tosco altogether but what you are supporting is totally disrespectful to all long standing Union members, those that pay their subs month in month out.

I've got an idea, why don't we all withdraw from Usbore and only if and when we get into trouble rejoin, let's do it Nationally, that'll get rid of the parasites.  >:( >:( >:(

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #39 on: 18-04-17, 10:57AM »
An answer maybe that those in trouble prior to joining could be helped ONCE after they join , as a sort of free sample a one bite of the apple never to be repeated if they drop out and then rejoin only to get help again with a pre-existing problem.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

claden

• Smart Arse
« Reply #40 on: 18-04-17, 12:06PM »
claden, can't you see that that is fundamentally wrong? Don't get me wrong I have no faith or trust in Usbore and I would like to see them removed from Tosco altogether but what you are supporting is totally disrespectful to all long standing Union members, those that pay their subs month in month out.

I've got an idea, why don't we all withdraw from Usbore and only if and when we get into trouble rejoin, let's do it Nationally, that'll get rid of the parasites.  >:( >:( >:(
Depends I have no problem helping whoever needs my advice. If someone us not in the Union they can still have a colleague to represent them why not get all the available advice. I have always believed in the Union but last year's pay cut changed my mind I'm paying subs for my union to agree to cut my wages. If I want to give out 'free advice I won't feel guilty about it.

Aussieboy

« Reply #41 on: 18-04-17, 02:55PM »
Snowyowl - did wonder about timing of joining union, responses on here suggested would be ok.  He's 6 months in to a part time job, he didn't even know the union existed up till now - that's how cr*p his induction was.
Spike_pkh thanks for your input will bear it in mind.....
Sorry concernedmum I thought you worked for them

horatiocain

• Know All
« Reply #42 on: 19-04-17, 06:43AM »
I've heard this debate many times before, the union should and in my experience will represent you once you join regardless of the timing.

snowyowl

• Smart Arse
« Reply #43 on: 19-04-17, 08:42AM »
Let's try another way of trying to get you to understand.
What's fair about me religiously paying £10 a month subs for Union membership when somebody who has been with the company for six months and never payed a penny getting the same support from the Union I would?
I don't want to appear precious about it but if we all waited till we where in trouble before we joined the Union the Union would collapse. As I have stated in a previous post that wouldn't be a bad outcome in my eyes and we would always have people like yourself to help out.  ;)

spike_pkh

• Know All
« Reply #44 on: 19-04-17, 10:29PM »
No rep should represent someone who only joined because they needed them. If they did they everyone else in the union should stop paying until they needed help

horatiocain

• Know All
« Reply #45 on: 20-04-17, 06:38PM »
Put that argument on the other side, why are the union allowed to negotiate the pay and conditions dion of  those tesco employees who are not union members?
I've known staff to join the union and receive representation  all the way to regional reps for issues of a minor nature to wrongful dismissal appeals.
I know of a driver who joined only after ask  for an adjournment in a disciplinary after the became clear he would be sacked.

spike_pkh

• Know All
« Reply #46 on: 20-04-17, 08:44PM »
I'll only pay my car insurance when I have an accident then. Same thing.

And to the argument of "why should the union get to negotiate pay rises for those not in union",I say let the non members negotiate their own pay rise.. see how they do

horatiocain

• Know All
« Reply #47 on: 23-04-17, 07:48PM »
They can't negotiate their own pay, pay is negotiated through collective agreement, which usdaw control, so they are forced to accept the negotiated pay conditions.

Insurance and union membership are very different things, by your reasoning you could also use the example of only being allowed a solicitor if you had them on retainer before the event.

Once you are a union member you are entitled to representation, I've yet to see any evidence otherwise.
An individual rep can choose not to represent you as is their right, but the union as a body must.
« Last Edit: 23-04-17, 07:49PM by horatiocain »

snowyowl

• Smart Arse
« Reply #48 on: 24-04-17, 07:04AM »
Very interesting horatiocain, if I can I'm going to try and find Usbores declaration on this matter as I'm sure I've read somewhere that it is a no no, if at the same time you can try and find some evidence that they must support a member with a preexisting disciplinary matter outstanding. I know they have done this in the past, but it doesn't make it right.  ;)

spike_pkh

• Know All
« Reply #49 on: 24-04-17, 09:15PM »
Can you find the official paperwork or statement that declares a rep has to represent you in a case that has already started when you join. Lots of people would be very interested in it.

Would save us paying union fees every month