Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
28-05-17, 01:11PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64434
  • Total Topics: 1405
  • Online Today: 122
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Notice period  (Read 3428 times)

kurious1234

• Regular Pain
Re: Notice period
« Reply #25 on: 17-02-17, 11:31PM »
Mmmmm oops. I was being mega sarcastic. Tesco aren't honest with the employees so F.... them

Blindbat

« Reply #26 on: 18-02-17, 07:47PM »
Lifestyle breaks can be requested for any reason however.....they are a request not an entitlement so may be refused!

geddy47

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #27 on: 21-02-17, 10:41PM »
Apologies I'm new to Forum how do I post a new topic?

I started at tesco on 9th Feb my contracted hrs are Thurs-Sat 5-11pm.

The query is will I get a full months pay on the 10th March. 

kurious1234

• Regular Pain
« Reply #28 on: 21-02-17, 10:45PM »
Yes. If your store has processed your details correctly you will get a full months pay. However any overtime from the friday week before payday will fall into the next payday. Hope this helps

optout

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #29 on: 21-02-17, 10:59PM »
@Geddy47

go to top of this page and click on 'forum' (a list of different forums will be presented)
for this example click on 'all departments'
then at the top of the sub-frame that is presented you will see an option 'new topic', click on this.

in short

Forum-all departments-new topic
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Magenpie

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #30 on: 22-02-17, 10:47AM »
Has anyone on here ever worked in a call centre? Is it worse than tesco? I've got an opportunity to get off working full time nights for Tesco into a part time call centre job. Unsure what to do?
What type of call centre. Is it outward cold calling and if yes, unless you have good selling skills you won't succeed. If it is a customer service environment, is it complaints or general or service/product enquiries. Another version is debt chasing, so be clear what type of customer service they are looking for.

A lot of these places can be target driven, either in terms of sales, monies recovered and/or time it takes you to deal or solve the customers problem. You have to be well focused, learn the companies products quickly and thick skinned. I have done this before, hence my questions. Don't be blinded by the salary as the higher it is, the more they want. DYOR = do your own research before applying.

Thevamps

« Reply #31 on: 23-02-17, 02:33PM »
Big m I know someone who DID trial a new job for 3 months and ended up leaving so it sounds to me like it depends if your face fits with your pm!!

Stickovich

« Reply #32 on: 23-02-17, 02:55PM »
Heard rumours few months back about long term staff and redundancies , now I hear a major announcement is coming this weekend just wondering has anybody any news or info on this?

Administrator Comment There are other topics that would have been a better place for you question. Nomad

Cheekymonkey007

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #33 on: 23-02-17, 03:09PM »
Deputy mgr in express removal
Cheeky monkey

BC1991

« Reply #34 on: 28-03-17, 05:02PM »
Just wondering if anyone can help me out with this one

I have got a new job, so planning to hand my notice in the end of this week, which would mean my last shift would be the one before next payday.

Problem is I have already booked 3 days off that week as holidays to run a family member to and from hospital those days, is that still ok or will Tesco stop my holidays that week because it is my notice period?

Justwondering

« Reply #35 on: 28-03-17, 05:17PM »
They can't stop you from being off but you would not of earnt those holiday days so they will end up going through as unpaid

BC1991

« Reply #36 on: 28-03-17, 05:28PM »
See I thought that, but someone I work with had mentioned that as that will be into April, that would be the start of the new holidays so I would be fine, that not the case?

terra

• Regular Pain
« Reply #37 on: 28-03-17, 05:54PM »
Only if you were on the old accrued or frozen holiday scheme otherwise you won't have earned them by then