Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
24-01-17, 03:04AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 74688
  • Total Topics: 2028
  • Online Today: 94
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 27
Total: 30

Author Topic: Petition to end the Partnership  (Read 17559 times)

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
Re: Petition to end the Partnership
« Reply #175 on: 19-01-17, 09:06PM »
Maybe the culture within the membership of USDAW is different.
Perhaps the willingness of the membership to take action is not there and is blindingly obvious to USDAW leadership.

I could give examples that indicate support for action is unlikely, but like when I have done so in the past, that which is fact that can't be dismissed goes unanswered and is ignored.

Thing is Duracell we the members are never given the chance to see what we would do as we are hamstrung by the partnership agreement. USDAW will never now how willing the membership is for a fight with Tosco if they never ask our opinion. Not vey democratic is it  :question: :question: :question:

Really? Do you think I am that gulable?

I have been with the company long enough to know that every single Union member and every single employee could do more to help themselves at some point and in some way.

So many people want someone else to wave the magic wand.
The truth is only you are in charge of your own destiny it it is you that need to challenge what YOU see as unjust.
So many times we see people say that they can only comment on their experience at their location, absolutely BANG ON, and if it needs challenging it needs to be YOU as you are the aggrieved.

My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

OpShunned

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #176 on: 19-01-17, 10:19PM »
' Gulable'  ;D

Did they not take that derivative out of the dictionary?

Colleagues who contribute to Useless Seven Days A Week are generally as impotent as those reps who represent them? The company 'tolerate' levels of incremental p**s takes purely on the basis threat they fear no threats of strike action. Union reps feather their own nest by playing along along with the charade almost safe in the knowledge they are protected from the fate that often besets their 'represented' Many of them are content not to progress beyond their station given their comfortable and perceived safety in the nest they frequent.

Yes, reps can provide some form of solace to those who need it (or quite frankly are too dull to protect themselves) but generally speaking they are self-indulgent sheep in wolves clothing  :o
« Last Edit: 19-01-17, 10:27PM by OpShunned »

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #177 on: 19-01-17, 11:36PM »
"Playing along with the charade safe in the knowledge they are protected from the fate of their represented".

More irony!
You criticise the knowledge of others when you have no knowledge of those you blindly attack on here. You have no f***in idea fair play, and you imply others are mindless sheep!

Priceless! Absolutely f***in priceless.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Arizonarugby

« Reply #178 on: 20-01-17, 06:10AM »
Arizonarugby,yes ,you are quite right ,but that doesn't happen within a week of an announcement being made. You would expect the union to at least speak to members first and at least get their feedback. So if every employee was happy with the closure and redundancy package ,you would still want the union to come out and fight for the jobs to be saved .

Yes I understand that, but given that as true, and yes there may have been an announcement in the local press in Chesterfield and Welham Green about the site closures, but if you asked anybody outside these areas would they have any knowledge or it and the simple fact unfortunately is NO .

Furthermore, we all know by now , the the recent announcements are part of a wider plan by DD and we already suspect that there are more job losses to come - there's already talk on this / there's already talk on this site about the February announcement - which one would assume has been discussed with the senior management at USDAW , but what has the union (ever ) said enough is enough again the answer sadly is NO.

Also if we're honest DD and is inner circle, if he said 2 years ago, I'm going to make 5000 people redundant, I'm sure there would have been a larger outcry and even if we look at the recent announcements there has been an element of spin i.e. the numbers announced do not include agency colleagues (which will almost double the job losses) some of which will be USDAW members , all our union ever seems to do is take the stance of Uriah Heep and get down on bended knee to their masters , whilst lining their pockets with the money they have taken from the membership,

snowyowl

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #179 on: 20-01-17, 09:05AM »
It has to be said (again) if you want somebody to show you support don't look to Usbore. We all know what they are and how they run their business and to them that's all it is a business, they simply have no interest in any of us individually or collectively. They are beholden to Tosco because Tosco provide them with the 80,000 new members a year they need just to stand still and the additional new members to make even more profit.
Here's a question for you, (I don't know the answer) How many at any one time, Tosco employed, Tosco paid Usbore Representatives are off site running around the country under the guise of being further trained by Usbore very simply signing up new members. More often than not in businesses unrelated to Tosco.

That I'm afraid sums up "The Partnership"

It's been said before the only way to get rid of these parasites is to stop your contributions to them.  >:( >:( >:(

picktocube

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #180 on: 20-01-17, 06:43PM »
Arizonarugby,yes ,you are quite right ,but that doesn't happen within a week of an announcement being made. You would expect the union to at least speak to members first and at least get their feedback. So if every employee was happy with the closure and redundancy package ,you would still want the union to come out and fight for the jobs to be saved .

Yes I understand that, but given that as true, and yes there may have been an announcement in the local press in Chesterfield and Welham Green about the site closures, but if you asked anybody outside these areas would they have any knowledge or it and the simple fact unfortunately is NO .

Furthermore, we all know by now , the the recent announcements are part of a wider plan by DD and we already suspect that there are more job losses to come - there's already talk on this / there's already talk on this site about the February announcement - which one would assume has been discussed with the senior management at USDAW , but what has the union (ever ) said enough is enough again the answer sadly is NO.

Also if we're honest DD and is inner circle, if he said 2 years ago, I'm going to make 5000 people redundant, I'm sure there would have been a larger outcry and even if we look at the recent announcements there has been an element of spin i.e. the numbers announced do not include agency colleagues (which will almost double the job losses) some of which will be USDAW members , all our union ever seems to do is take the stance of Uriah Heep and get down on bended knee to their masters , whilst lining their pockets with the money they have taken from the membership,

It was on sky news and national bbc news as well .