Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
22-09-17, 08:50AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 7528
  • Latest: Nickjay
Stats
  • Total Posts: 70604
  • Total Topics: 1535
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Managers pay  (Read 2694 times)

Flyaway

Managers pay
« on: 05-01-17, 03:44PM »
Happy new year all. I would like some advice if possible about 12 years ago I was given a job as a manager. I stepped down about 2 years ago to work 30 hours on produce. My question is at the time I was put on a bridging program as I only scored 24 points and you needed 25 points or more. My rate of pay was between £1.30 and £2.00 per hour less as some other managers. I completed all tasks next steps work books training to get me to where I needed to be. But my pay never matched some of the other managers. Can I put a claim in to have this investigated to see if my pay was correct if so whom do I go to, out of store would be better. I understand that managers roles changed in the early 2000s. Would be great if I could get that backdated.

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
Re: Managers pay
« Reply #1 on: 05-01-17, 03:57PM »
Hi Flyaway

All Managers pays is different. You can have 2 managers doing same job yet their salaries can be very different.  Some managers may have worked in higher cat stores previously but they keep higher cat wage. Other managers may have moved stores and been given a pay award as a incentive to move.  There's many reason why managers rates are different. 

silverBlade

• Regular Pain
« Reply #2 on: 05-01-17, 06:14PM »
supporting the same football team as the SM could also result in a higher wage

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #3 on: 05-01-17, 06:27PM »
Forgot also the unwritten one similar to silverblades if your face fitted also depended on your salary. Again nothing you can do as you will have been on managers salary bands albeit at the bottom end.

Justjohn

« Reply #4 on: 05-01-17, 07:44PM »
This I believe falls outside 12 year period.  In other words you should have noticed your pay was wrong in 2000 and you've had 12 years to make a claim.  16 years  has now passed, which means you would now have to go to a high court to see if they could make your case an exception by proving Tesco was deliberately doing this to everyone and  your case wasn't simply an error you should have picked up back then.

My advice forget it.

the rule book

• Know All
« Reply #5 on: 08-01-17, 09:54AM »
supporting the same football team as the SM could also result in a higher wage

Never  truer words spoken.

Even better sitting at the dinner table. While he or she spouts about themselves.

Laughing at the unfunny jokes.

Massaging the ego.