Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
24-01-17, 05:10PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Investigatory  (Read 1081 times)

dfl

• VLH Supporter
Investigatory
« on: 04-01-17, 05:24AM »
Hi,
I've seen several comments here where people are asking if they should be given notice to attend an investigatory meeting, some say no letter or notice is require but i also noticed Loki on here who seems extremely knowledgeable and helpful posted that there should be a letter sent giving at least 24 hrs notice, does anyone know what is fact on this subject.

Thanks.
DFL

Expressdude2016

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
Re: Investigatory
« Reply #1 on: 04-01-17, 07:47AM »
Hi DFL 

No there is no notice nor a letter required for an investigatory meeting as this meeting is a fact finding meeting. You can find out about it all at ourtesco in people policies section.  The person accused of wrong doing may ask for further time or meeting as can the person doing investigatory. Time scales are to do it within 14 days however may take longer.

https://www.ourtesco.com/working-at-tesco/people-policies/job-career/disciplinary-2016/

https://cdn.ourtesco.com/2016/05/Investigation-checklist-May16.pdf

dfl

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #2 on: 04-01-17, 09:06AM »
Section 5 of the checklist is as follows:-

Send a letter inviting the colleague to an investigation meeting (24 hours’ notice)

Comments ?
DFL

Expressdude2016

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #3 on: 04-01-17, 10:15AM »
Only comment is I have egg on my face and an idiot.  Yes letter and 24 hrs notice is given

dfl

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #4 on: 04-01-17, 10:57AM »
Sorry didn't mean to pick you up on that if that is how I came across, just noticed it upon reading it. Very grateful you took the time to reply. Thank you and have a nice new year.
DFL

dfl

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #5 on: 04-01-17, 07:45PM »
If investigatory involves a complaint against a colleague and there had been more than one occasion, no witnesses, colleagues word against member of public, outcome imho should be no action and this is where it gets interesting, an investigatory is decided on the balance of probabilities and I get that, whether I agree with it or not is a different story.  However if tesco take word of public over employees isn't the employer then breaching an actual contractual term with the employee of the duty of care type.
DFL

sep1985

« Reply #6 on: 06-01-17, 10:05PM »
Hi,
I've seen several comments here where people are asking if they should be given notice to attend an investigatory meeting, some say no letter or notice is require but i also noticed Loki on here who seems extremely knowledgeable and helpful posted that there should be a letter sent giving at least 24 hrs notice, does anyone know what is fact on this subject.

Thanks.

In line with new policies, you MUST get a letter inviting you to attend an investigation meeting stating the time and place and who it's with