Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
16-11-18, 04:48PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 81409
  • Total Topics: 1711
  • Online Today: 127
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: New My Performance  (Read 16086 times)

Re: New My Performance
« Reply #50 on: 03-12-17, 06:19PM »
DISTRIBUTION WAREHOUSE*****

No actual briefing received as such at Lichfield DC

Booklets handed out and tabletop TEAM 5s in the canteen but no actual "Brief" nor a personalised letter which I find really strange (after all it's a change to your T&Cs) and your contract of employment.

It's certainly not the company I joined all those years ago... Nobody seems to care anymore which is sad!

Dkdiablo

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #51 on: 09-11-18, 06:44PM »
This little topic to me is like a time capsule. I only read it to see what life was like in a DC in the past and boy, nothing has changed. Agency in my DC is roughly 80%. Recruitment wise I  think they're getting desperate. They are training roughly 20-25 people every week and the bounty for recruitment has doubled to £100. Staff turnover over the last 7 years I've been told has reached 15,000. Is that high I don't know. Training is pretty poor for the newcomers hence they don't make the grade and end up leaving after the 2 months probation. Meanwhile the stores are still complaining about the badly assembled cages. How long has this been happening?  Maybe an old timer could enlighten me.

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #52 on: 09-11-18, 06:57PM »
It has been that way for over fifteen years and nothing will ever change it, the store I was in last year put a grievance in against a depot due to the state of the cages, after a 2 hour meeting, it was decided there was no problem and said grievance was withdrawn. Trying telling that to the poor sods who have to unload and work the cages.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

Spongbob

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #53 on: 09-11-18, 07:19PM »
The cages are a disgrace deli cheese on top of trifles, cream cakes smashed and yoghurt crushed.  The stacking is horrendous and I have to clean this mess up, complaining is a waste of time

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #54 on: 10-11-18, 01:39PM »
It really irks me when I see the cages arriving instore, with crushed perishables at the bottom!! Having lived on the breadline in the past, to see the wanton waste of good food is IMHO criminal! The store manager bleats about shrink and waste instore, yet this doesn't even warrant the bat of an eyelid from her ???

I wonder what those colleagues who badly load the cages would say, if they came home to find the driver of a home delivery, had unpacked their shopping and crammed it into their cupboards and fridge in such a manner ???

Not to mention all these damaged goods affect our profibilaty margins, and eventually us :-X :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #55 on: 10-11-18, 05:08PM »
It doesn’t warrant an eye lid because it’s something out with her control and is something she can’t fix and a known occurance in every store and depot.

grim up north

• Know All
« Reply #56 on: 10-11-18, 08:12PM »
You guys could really do with visiting a DC. Our DC lost £164,000 in damaged stock last WEEK. If the managers don't care...

Pochin123

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #57 on: 10-11-18, 08:39PM »
If the co-ordinators did their jobs properly and took the stock off hold on the system at the right time i.e release DPB (Dessert Products) after we have picked out all the heavy stuff e.g cheese's and whatever else goes down the assembly lines then this would sort out a lot of the damage's not all of them but 75% of them.

BTW grim up north what depot you based at??
Has This Been Briefed Out??

Dkdiablo

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #58 on: 10-11-18, 08:50PM »
It really irks me when I see the cages arriving in store, with crushed perishables at the bottom!! Having lived on the breadline in the past, to see the wanton waste of good food is IMHO criminal! The store manager bleats about shrink and waste in store, yet this doesn't even warrant the bat of an eyelid from her ???

I wonder what those colleagues who badly load the cages would say, if they came home to find the driver of a home delivery, had unpacked their shopping and crammed it into their cupboards and fridge in such a manner ???

Not to mention all these damaged goods affect our provability margins, and eventually us :-X :-X

It irks me as well. I try my very best to stack logically. But as most assemblers will tell you the company don't  really care. We are given time restraints and if we consistently go below the 90% pick rate we are in trouble. Often my little nagging computer tells me to pick up something small or light but then tells me to pick up a case of pop or wine. We don't always have the time to break down the cage and restack. Also you'll find some have given up and just throw everything on as the computer tells us. It's demoralizing but when you tell a manager they just say, what can I do, which is understandable.

exmember

« Reply #59 on: 11-11-18, 01:39AM »
Damages are caused by the pick rate and a minimum 92% rate.
People try and get rate by picking as fast as possible. Warehouse managers don't care if stock is thrown in cages as long as kpis are met. You rarely see a manager on a DC pickface. Maybe they should put the smoking areas and coffee machines in pickface. Then managers will be visible

optout

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #60 on: 11-11-18, 02:02AM »
Are there any pickers who regularly achieve the required rate at the quality that stores would like to receive?
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #61 on: 11-11-18, 10:20AM »
So now the insight of the DC's workload gives more understanding of the real reasons. Again not complacency, or lack of interest.....just another example of excessive targets, probably thought out by number crunchers who have never set foot in the workplace.

The managers should be feeding the problems back, taking photographs of badly loaded cages due to the picking system faults...asking for an explanation as to why this is allowed to continue. The board is responsible for profits, and to knowingly allow bad systems and practices to continue, affecting all of us, should be explained to us and other shareholders.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

OvaSees

• Smart Arse
« Reply #62 on: 11-11-18, 04:22PM »
The managers should be feeding the problems back, taking photographs of badly loaded cages due to the picking system faults...asking for an explanation as to why this is allowed to continue. The board is responsible for profits, and to knowingly allow bad systems and practices to continue, affecting all of us, should be explained to us and other shareholders.
That assumes that somebody somewhere would actually be interested in hearing the problems. Sadly those things are referred to as 'being negative' or 'resistant to change', with the managers labelled as 'disengaged' and 'not on board'. So they either leave or keep their traps shut. Nothing happens.

Dkdiablo

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #63 on: 12-11-18, 03:07PM »
Are there any pickers who regularly achieve the required rate at the quality that stores would like to receive?
Yes but so rare that they could be registered as a rare and protected species  😂. Some assemblers cheat by P1 the stock (empty location) to speed things up to make up the, now, 90% not 92% previously. Personally I've been cursed at by colleagues for holding up traffic eventhough there's a FLT loading or unloading ahead of me. Only reason for that is the stress and pressure that we face especially at this time of year and we find 3,4,5 people trying to pick from the same pallet of wine each needing to pick 50 or more cases.

grim up north

• Know All
« Reply #64 on: 12-11-18, 06:53PM »
As DKdiablo said, some pickers can hit the rate with good stacking. But some people can run 100m in under 10 seconds. The majority can't. If you don't hit your performance you WILL be taken in the office. Bad stacking, bad accuracy, dodgy wheels on cages etc, you MIGHT be taken in. So something has to give. But saying that, T are that desperate for staff they'll take and keep(until Christmas is over), anyone.

Pochin123

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #65 on: 12-11-18, 09:26PM »
T are desperate to keep staff because of so much uncertainty during Christmas and because last year was such a shambles Woolfenden nearly lost his job (Or so the rumour goes)

Like i said in a previous post if the managers and co-ordinators did their jobs such as monitoring the assembly process keeping a presence on the shop floor the stacking in fresh would not be as bad. Managers should be walking around with their tablets that they were given to support the colleagues by identifying problems then rectifying them.

People are so desperate to hit their target they are neglecting their stacking and cutting corners, ironic thing is managers and co-ordinators can insert delay time to help but looking for a manager is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

So until something gives, and believe me it will, there will just be a vicious circle.

Tees12

« Reply #66 on: 15-11-18, 07:57PM »
I work at Middlesbrough dc just want to know my rep says Widnes have to hit 85%  combined can anyone clarify this as i thought we are all under the tesco banner and all dc should be on the 92%

Pochin123

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #67 on: 15-11-18, 08:19PM »
Don't know why your rep has told you that buddy. I can assure you that the target at widnes dc is 92% and has never been any different since my performance came in.

Tees12

« Reply #68 on: 15-11-18, 09:19PM »
Thanks for that well time Middlesbrough dc put a collective grievence in from all 3 shifts see wat usdaw is like fighting this instead of been in Tescos back pockets

Pochin123

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #69 on: 15-11-18, 09:38PM »
Good luck with that Widnes should put one in due problems with their performance.