Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
21-10-17, 05:47AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 7596
  • Latest: FF2017
Stats
  • Total Posts: 71768
  • Total Topics: 1564
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 71
Total: 73

Author Topic: !!! Big announcement !!!  (Read 7323 times)

Kingkong2015

Re: !!! Big announcement !!!
« Reply #25 on: 16-10-17, 07:24PM »
Maybe more cuts more managers to go after a we seem to have one clerk to manager, clerks are cheaper, just have one or two managers per shift. New starts seem already jaded the difference in new contracts and old ones . Tesco not treating everyone how they should be or maybe they are by using the Mushroom style of management keeping us all in the dark and feeding us s*it! .

fargone

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #26 on: 18-10-17, 12:04PM »
If you look at any merger or takeover, then you always get job losses.

GasMonkey

« Reply #27 on: 18-10-17, 01:09PM »
Maybe more cuts more managers to go after a we seem to have one clerk to manager, clerks are cheaper, just have one or two managers per shift. New starts seem already jaded the difference in new contracts and old ones . Tesco not treating everyone how they should be or maybe they are by using the Mushroom style of management keeping us all in the dark and feeding us s*it! .

The management in my store work off the theory of if you don’t need to know it we we will not tell you and if you do need to know it we will not tell you classic Mushroom & BS situation

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #28 on: 18-10-17, 01:22PM »
Big announcement?

Our depot manager hinted a big announcement which will affect everyone after New year any idea???

I suspect that where they say it will affect everyone, they mean every location. I also suspect that the level at which individuals are affected will depend on their location and what is established at those locations.

I have heard the rumours of out sourcing Distribution, those rumours seem to stem from managers who have left the business due to restructure, from my experience.

As suggested any streamlining of T to accommodate a proposed merger is unlikely given the business is currently struggling to retain skill-base and experience at Work level 1. I can’t see the company stripping it even leaner to facilitate an unfamiliar workforce and operation that they will have assimilate to the T model.

Big Announcement maybe I suspect though that the Big will be more about the scope of those involved rather than any change.

I am on the fence about the implication of Brexit, From what I see the use of Agency is definitely becoming more challenging, a shift back to no Agency but more flexibility within Warehouse Contracts would be huge, but has its advantages and disadvantages both for T and T staff, to succeed it would need way more transparency than the company seem willing to offer.

Which is why we get Influential managers thinking out loud as per the OP, when in reality said manager probably knows with certainty as little as you I and any other.

An Announcement is an Announcement when it is Announced, much like my post and others, until that time anything else is, rumour, Hearsay, speculation.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.