Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
27-02-17, 06:19PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: New My Performance  (Read 3784 times)

snowyowl

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
New My Performance
« on: 20-10-16, 08:43PM »
No doubt all Depots have been briefed with regards to the new version of the old S.Y.P. "My Performance" I would be interested to know how it has been received? Do you think it's of benefit or a punitive move by our employers?

redcar renegade

• Regular Pain
Re: New My Performance
« Reply #1 on: 21-10-16, 12:10PM »
Middlesbrough D.C is just waiting for the staff cull to start fit notes and special circumstances to the front please. Which bright spark in USDAW agree to this never have so many been let down by so few , National officers certainty earned their thirty pieces of silver this time.
Us mushrooms sick of treatment that we receive of both Tesco & Usdaw ,have they sorted any of the problems in depot no they havent. If you not on a timed job you are safe, so that is usual crawlers omitted from system again tossing it off. I know head office read this site so here is a message for you  we are not all treated fairly some who pick all the time discriminated against get rotation sorted

snowyowl

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #2 on: 21-10-16, 08:22PM »
Seems to be well received and going well at Middlesbrough, anybody else accepting it so readily?
Personally from what I've seen of it it's poorly thought through and is destined to cause more problems than you can imagine. I think the clue is they have taken the word "support" out of the title. >:D

tasha66

• Know All
« Reply #3 on: 30-12-16, 04:27PM »
My performance is a tool to dismiss.
I have some extremely sound info on this and will be releasing very soon.it will shock you with what management are being trained with.dismissed in 13 wks is the goal for anyone not performing.support non negotiable its gonna get really nasty.
The booklet iv got hold of will shock you.they think youre children and are trained to treat you as such.
Every depot getting it infact most have but its a disgusting process about to be unleashed.
Theres also a new hardline process around sya.i really cant wait to get out of this s***e company.
I hope an hard brexit kicks in to stop this company treating its staff like they dont exist.
Depots running at 60% agency are in for the biggest shock of theyre lives and i cant wait for tesco to have the biggest kick in of theyre lives.
Shocking disgusting employer
Keep thinking youre all safe.but reallity youre a cost whoever you are!!!!!!!!!!

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #4 on: 30-12-16, 05:05PM »
Perhaps getting media involved could be an option??? Since it would be in public interest too.

I had a vague idea of the SYA and even then I thought it was geared towards getting rid of people without the cost of making them redundant.

I look forward to seeing the information  you have.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

JL

• Know All
« Reply #5 on: 30-12-16, 09:23PM »
Dismissing people when there is no recruitment of perm staff you would have to be mad.

Essentially you are getting rid of the last members of your team.

Without a team there is no manager.

part of the problem

• Regular Pain
« Reply #6 on: 30-12-16, 11:08PM »
I think the key is if your "not performing" they will/can get rid of you in 13 weeks. For the vast majority then that's ok surely Ive often heared even on this site of nothing being done by people who don't perform. 13 weeks is quite a long time for someone to get the message retrain if they need to get coaching ask their colleagues for tips etc and perform the job they get paid for like the vast majority of their colleagues. Surely that's reasonable isn't it? The job isn't rocket science.If they cant grasp it by then maybe retail isn't for them

If you owned a company would you want to continue to pay someone for not performing? . Again if people are always sick think of it as your own company you would support them a for so long but then you would want rid of them.

Tesco because of their size are almost expected to turn a blind eye to some of these issues that can affect how the company operates on a day to day bases. They are struggling at the moment they are not a charity or a reason to get out the house they are a business.Yes I know we all blame the top table but surely better to address sickness and poor performers too than have to cut more staff because they are paying out to much sickpay or kpis affected because joe blogs isn't pulling his/her weight.

Magz21

« Reply #7 on: 31-12-16, 05:53AM »
In the store I used to work in, even when managers knew staff were being lazy and other staff complained, the managers or senior managers NEVER addressed the issue as most do not want confrontation.

Thats what will kill any staff morale as the busy people work away and keep getting the mick taken outta them whilst the lazies hide in corners and in the toilets etc and play on their phones....

So, when peope say that the company is in trouble, its cos they dont fix the basics and it has a knock on effect.

I am so thankful I got out as it was bad for my health when you realise a company is addressing the wrong things first in order to 'save money' etc. I  get that its a business.... but jesus.... cutting staff wont help as now you have inadequate temps and untrained staff who dont give a famn and the long term full timers etc that leave, well, most of them liked a bit of ownership in their dept.

So...I will never agree when people keep saying its a company and they have to cut staff and stores etc to save money. It may be part of the solution but I have to say, taking care of your staff and genuinely valuing them is where it starts and where the focus should be. And the rest will eventually come.

Happy New Year folks :-)

CoffeeGate

• Regular Pain
« Reply #8 on: 31-12-16, 10:15AM »
I cant see many being sacked through My Performance as it requires all managers to approach it in the same way to ensure fairness. However if it did work i would gladly see some 'colleagues' be removed, it lowers morale when you see people getting away with doing bugger all off the system or at 50% when others get their heads down and can easily attain the 92%.

This company panders to the dregs who would never get away with half the stuff they do at any other company, can you seriously imagine walking into work and saying 'I can't possibly go on the pick 2 days in a row'. The response should always be 'You are employed as a flexible warehouse operative, if we require you to pick 5 days a week then you will. If you don't want to then f**k off and find employment elsewhere'. The company is fast becoming a joke. Rant Over.

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #9 on: 31-12-16, 01:07PM »
I never ever get a WOW! comment. That's because I'm mostly behind the scenes, getting on with lots of work.
While some twit standing around doing nothing gets a WOW! because a customer asked them where the eggs are, and they actually knew, and took a pleasant little saunter along with the customer to show them.

We do all blame the top table, part of the problem, and will keep on blaming them if they don't address the lead-swingers in the company.

galictica

« Reply #10 on: 31-12-16, 02:27PM »
The store that I worked in (no longer on Tesco pay-roll) was a shambles. There were many staff who did as little as possible every night. The managers hadn't the brains to look at the back stock and deliveries and gauge who was doing all the work. I never killed myself but I worked hard as I was taught to do all my life and easily packed out 2 or even 3 times the amount others were getting paid the same amount for.

I never blamed the G.A.'s  because they had been s*hit on so many times by this firm that they had decided to hit them where it hurt most. The S.Y.A. will not make one button of difference. These people who have been employed for numerous years get protected by managers who usually are either friends or family ( I can only speak about what was happening in my former store) I wouldn't loose any sleep if the spongers did get the boot cause none of them cried for me when I left the company. All the value awards, thanks for helping us turn things around each and every week counted for nothing.

Your just a number, but you probably already know that.

bootsdaroff

« Reply #11 on: 31-12-16, 06:31PM »
Magz21 sums it up perfect in the first sentence. Managers do not want confrontation because most are cowards.They lean on the good workers to pick up the slack and pick on the timid ones who don't answer back. Every store has the handful of GA's who don't pull their weight, moan when they God forbid have to do a bit, stand talking all night, get all the holidays they want and all because the managers would rather give into them to have an easier life. That is why you could have all the guidelines in the world in which you could sack these nuggets but if you don't have a strong manager it don't mean squat.

picktocube

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #12 on: 31-12-16, 06:40PM »
Unfortunately at DC' s ,most jobs are performance related and everything is on the clock ,so it will be easier for Tesco to dismiss people.

bootsdaroff

« Reply #13 on: 31-12-16, 06:46PM »
Pickotube I feel sorry for you guys in the DC's with the way the workers are under this pressure constantly. Whatever happened to looking after and taking care of the employees???

snowyowl

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #14 on: 01-01-17, 06:51PM »
As picktocube said most DC jobs are measured and sadly most Dc's are managed by bullies. There is without doubt a regime of bullying present in the Depot I work. The pressure that is put on people is not acceptable, I truly believe it is responsible for people suffering depression and other mental health issues. It really is that serious. I know that Head Office are aware of this and personally hold them responsible, firstly I think they actually orchestrate this culture and secondly I think it is a disgrace  that they are doing absolutely nothing to address the problem.  >:( >:( >:(

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #15 on: 01-01-17, 07:27PM »
I think it's the same culture across the whole of the company,  store, DC's, the lot. Bully staff with ever more demanding workloads whilst the head honchos at the top believe all is good and well on over inflated pay packages.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

JL

• Know All
« Reply #16 on: 01-01-17, 07:36PM »
They are lucky they get any performance out of anyone the way the company now treat staff.

Magz21

« Reply #17 on: 01-01-17, 09:53PM »
Its the worst company for bully tactics.... I was ashamed to work for them.

I honestly felt that, if given half a chance, a few of the hard working, well taught old school or well applied new school peeps, could run a store for a month on the actual routines that work and in the good old fashioned way, and then look at the results etc, I think the result would be amazing and would be a great template for going forward.

But...alas, the furtherups, some of who probably have never worked a cage in their life might I add, know better than the Ga's that run the stores day in and out.