Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
22-05-18, 03:38AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 76189
  • Total Topics: 1576
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 59
Total: 60

Author Topic: !!! Big announcement !!!  (Read 37725 times)

Hammer10

• Know All
Re: !!! Big announcement !!!
« Reply #100 on: 08-01-18, 10:36AM »
They are out on Thursday .

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #101 on: 08-01-18, 11:55AM »
Maybe they will flick us all a spare few quid as a thank you for the best Christmas in a few years. More likely they'll just dispose of more of us and get a few cheap managers to run the show.

OvaSees

• Smart Arse
« Reply #102 on: 08-01-18, 08:13PM »
Christmas sales ,and sales for the last quarter UP 2.4%.
That's a pretty poor showing for Tesco - food inflation hit 4.1% in November, meaning they grew at just over half the rate of inflation, so in real termm they shrank again. Source: https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/food-inflation

optout

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #103 on: 08-01-18, 08:22PM »
@Samantha

click on "forum" at the top of the page

on the resulting page
click on a forum eg; "stores", or "all departments" or any of the others that you feel are relevant to your subject.

at the top of the resulting frame is an option named 'new topic', click on this.

on the resulting screen, type in a title in the 'subject' field.

type in your detailed request, question, or comment etc into the white box.

click on 'preview' to check that it looks the way you wish it to.

if it seems okay click on 'Post' at the bottom of the frame (below the white box).

in short;

for example if you wished to post an issue that was relevant to 'all departments'.

"Forum">"all departments>"new topic">put in title>put in further text in white box>(to check)CLICK 'preview">CLICK 'Post'.

hope this helps. Good luck and welcome.

I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

his scots tie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #104 on: 08-01-18, 08:35PM »
That's a pretty poor showing for Tesco - food inflation hit 4.1% in November, meaning they grew at just over half the rate of inflation, so in real terms they shrank again. Source: https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/food-inflation
   Yes quite agree,  also over last 12 months to December Tesco share of the market as gone down, Aldi and Lidl share UP 1.3%.

flowerpower

« Reply #105 on: 19-01-18, 04:11PM »
Could the loss of CM lead to changes on pi our store didn't change any hours on pi when the 12 dead line for legals 8am for decreases came in last year.  I am very sorry to lose our CM he is a great manager, there are some out there.  Worried that changes will be made before the manager leaves, our dept is a mess as far as hours are concerned, thanks if anyone knows.

Tom Hardy

• Know All
« Reply #106 on: 19-01-18, 05:24PM »
Depends if you are meeting those deadlines or not. You say the hours are in a mess, if this is the case & you are missing the deadlines, then right hours right place should be done. I can't see a stock control manager taking more responsibility on & then keeping it the same so they look bad.

Just my opinion  :-X

flowerpower

« Reply #107 on: 19-01-18, 05:38PM »
Just what I was thinking never make 12 am with legal on promo nights don't think days but theirs either x will have to wait and see what happens . Sorry for our manager atm thou it's horrible for them right now

strebor

• Regular Pain
« Reply #108 on: 19-01-18, 05:55PM »
Same in our store hrs never got moved . feel for our manager as well x

Mickymouse1962

• Regular Pain
« Reply #109 on: 21-01-18, 09:00PM »
So no announcement then

trigger

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • yr aving it!!!
« Reply #110 on: 21-01-18, 09:44PM »
who cares!
BRING ON THE WELSH HA HA HA.GRAND SLAM 2008.
VOTE UKIP.

Mickymouse1962

• Regular Pain
« Reply #111 on: 22-01-18, 08:54AM »
So no announcement then

mrblobby

• Know All
« Reply #112 on: 22-01-18, 09:01AM »
That's a pretty poor showing for Tesco - food inflation hit 4.1% in November, meaning they grew at just over half the rate of inflation, so in real termm they shrank again. Source: https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/food-inflation
But sales don't always go up and down with inflation - people usually adjust their spend , a 4% growth over the Christmas period I would be huge

OvaSees

• Smart Arse
« Reply #113 on: 22-01-18, 10:04AM »
When you really analyse the figures, Tesco recorded it's worst non-food Xmas performance since 2009 (despite having it's UK business led by somebody from an entirely non food background) and saw yet another further decline in market share against Aldi and Lidl recording record highs - so yes, people adjust their spend (by going to where prices are lower) but sales do go up and down with inflation since you are paying more or less for the same goods - that's how economics works. It's not just my view, it's also the view from the industry;-
https://www.ft.com/content/4ae3d1fd-bea6-3f3a-982d-ae1701ebe1c0
https://www.ft.com/content/ea845fb0-e1d2-3ff4-999c-a17e4f3cee61

So if Tesco's core grew below inflation at the most critical trading time of year, coupled with the above factors, it's an underwhelming performance from the self-acclaimed market 'leader'. This is further backed up by the ludicrous claims that Tesco was the winner at Xmas - when Morrisons posted a sales rise that was almost a full percentage point higher. In the results, Drastic also said he had maintained the most competitive Xmas basket price - which again looks ludicrous when you consider that M&S was £10 cheaper than last year on theirs and Morrisons maintained the same price on theirs, thus not passing inflation on to their customers - and of course, Aldi and Lidl were all-round cheaper anyway.

It's not just Tesco - all the Big 4 are playing a similar game - but there are lies, damn lies and then there is Tesco's (spun) results.

Totot

« Reply #114 on: 22-01-18, 11:34AM »
Couldn't agree more with you. 2.4% increase while inflation higher than that, with lowest price from some product, and higher inflation on fresh food is a joke to celebrate it. Unless the cost of product and overhead cost plus operational are the same ( really doubt that ), I can tell the number of product sold might be lower, not mention the profit, because retail is not about the selling, but profit.

But what can we expect, from management team who still cant decide our platform retail, is it still in landlord style of retail or full competition retail platform, or keep it like now, none of those two, not going anywhere, just a mix of both platform without knowing the main strategy is ( the only strategy here only to eat lower staff "flesh" to make sure the higher, management  job safe with full mouth and tummy, a zombie style )

But i wouldn't be surprise if big bosses don't know that either, as long as they call aldi and lidl as discounted supermarket, it only show how ignorant they are in modern retail platform style.  Maybe they should go back to the late 90's  in some other countries to learn the changes, what it is about and how.

Keep treating their staff as free loader and customers as suspicious only going to bring this company down.

trigger

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • yr aving it!!!
« Reply #115 on: 22-01-18, 07:30PM »
I gave up reading.pass me a can.😂😊
BRING ON THE WELSH HA HA HA.GRAND SLAM 2008.
VOTE UKIP.

grim up north

• Regular Pain
« Reply #116 on: 23-02-18, 03:41PM »
Any other DC got a big announcement next week?

Kingkong2015

« Reply #117 on: 03-03-18, 10:21PM »
Trial of computerised gatehouse and Goods in already happening !!! All clerks/security to go? Time Tesco where honest about this!!!   >:(

Cheekymonkey007

• Know All
« Reply #118 on: 04-03-18, 01:17AM »
Tesco have got rid of over 10,000 people in redundancies and they expect those people to continue shopping there... then there’s the extra discount card that’s another 10,000 potential customers. Plus the call centre staff! They are clearly nuts. Wouldn’t shop there again even if it was free! Disgusting staff management, no morals and do anything to save money from the “little” people ..please take a day off unpaid? ..(so I can use it on a day I’m short .. to pay someone else)
Cheeky monkey

DT.17

« Reply #119 on: 04-03-18, 08:58AM »
Well said Cheekymonkey007 ,Totally agree the little people do get treat badly while others receive their next big bonus..

fargone

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #120 on: 04-03-18, 09:59AM »
I only shop with them if I really have too.

grim up north

• Regular Pain
« Reply #121 on: 04-03-18, 11:30AM »
Big announcement at our place was the changing of rotas and bringing in a sunday afternoon shift. We were told on 28th of feb and told consultation started 20th of feb??? When we talked about auto gates we were told it definitely isn't happening. So it definitely must be

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #122 on: 04-03-18, 12:08PM »
Never shopped in a Tesco since I left ( not even a fuel station). With how they are treating the workforce at this time and all the cloak and dagger initiatives they seem to have, my money is better placed elsewhere.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #123 on: 04-03-18, 05:19PM »
Equalizer87

If I was made redundant/left Tesco I would never shop there either. The shop is over priced due to directors creaming off huge bonuses right down to the TMs on the shop floor who walk about in numbers. What do the customers think when they see many shirt and tie TMs and no overworked GAs with holes at the knees. Rich/Poor people do not like to be ripped off.
« Last Edit: 04-03-18, 07:08PM by Nomad »