Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
25-06-17, 11:20PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 66118
  • Total Topics: 1442
  • Online Today: 195
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Podium Monkey's  (Read 4558 times)

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
Re: Podium Monkey's
« Reply #25 on: 22-05-17, 11:55AM »
All that c**p and stress for an extra £1 a day?? Must be some really gullible people out there.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

picktocube

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #26 on: 22-05-17, 12:21PM »
Wow, again ,no wonder they closed my old DC down as it really was "not Tesco" . Most of our managers came in 5 minutes before shift  started ,most left on time ,apart from social chatting . But this is what you get when you have a workforce with most people being there for over 20 years ,and many managers with some having 30 years service . Everything pretty much runs itself . Many times when there were only 2 or 3 managers on site for a shift without any problems .

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #27 on: 22-05-17, 04:59PM »
I have to be honest I have never seen senior managers so doubting, fine summer weather = xmas like volume yet during these times there are going to be 2 sometimes 1 manager on shift.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

snowyowl

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #28 on: 23-05-17, 07:26AM »
As I've said before picktocube I think you have been very lucky, I wonder what your mindset would be if you had served your years at a newer Depot? 8-)

grim up north

• Regular Pain
« Reply #29 on: 29-05-17, 03:18PM »
Since the manager cull and a low uptake of coordinators we now regularly have neither on the assembly podium. This means we are having to put delays etc in with the agency supervisors. Is this common practice elsewhere?

snowyowl

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #30 on: 29-05-17, 04:14PM »
I suspect the agency supervisor should not be tampering with your timings at all and may find himself getting into hot water for doing so. With regards to the low uptake of coordinators why would anybody consider taking a position with vastly more responsibility that renders them almost £1,000 a year worse off?  ???

grim up north

• Regular Pain
« Reply #31 on: 29-05-17, 06:04PM »
2 new members to our DC team who lost their nightshift in stores in November have become coordinators. They started as flexible warehouse ops like the rest of us but have now taken a podium position. ???
« Last Edit: 29-05-17, 06:05PM by grim up north »

snowyowl

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #32 on: 29-05-17, 07:08PM »
Two more misled lambs to the slaughter!  :'(

Jetplane

« Reply #33 on: 01-06-17, 10:38PM »
Don't know anyone who has applied for this at Middlesbrough DC

redcar renegade

• Regular Pain
« Reply #34 on: 14-06-17, 10:10AM »
Middlesbrough A shift had interviews for podium monkeys took place yesterday i am told. The candidates were the intelligencia of the shift, God help us from who i am told were interviewed was more like an episode of crimestoppers. A.D involved so bound to go tits up lol

« Reply #35 on: 14-06-17, 08:06PM »
Must be some really gullible people out there...

We are finding sadly that in our DC people will do almost anything to "get off / out of Assembly duties"  :-[

OpShunned

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #36 on: 14-06-17, 08:25PM »
I can't be the only one thinking,

[ WTF is a Podium Monkey  8-) ]

Would love to see the role advertised in those words though  :D

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #37 on: 14-06-17, 10:39PM »
How about

"Must be like a double-sided Pamper:  Able to absorb s*** from both above and below"

:D
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

redcar renegade

• Regular Pain
« Reply #38 on: 15-06-17, 09:44AM »
Warehouse co-ordinator a.k.a podium monkey because they will be getting paid peanuts to do managers jobs.  So bully boys and assembly shy individuals will be majority of applicants.

JL

• Smart Arse
« Reply #39 on: 15-06-17, 02:44PM »
Exact same as all the part time Shift Leaders we have now in stores.

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #40 on: 16-06-17, 04:05PM »
The roles could have been used to help people who maybe naturally struggling to achieve.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

JL

• Smart Arse
« Reply #41 on: 16-06-17, 07:39PM »
"naturally struggling to achieve"   ;D

grim up north

• Regular Pain
« Reply #42 on: 16-06-17, 08:11PM »
What do you mean by your post Duracell?

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #43 on: 16-06-17, 08:13PM »
Just another under paid, pressurised, 'management ' role, where miracles are expected to be performed.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #44 on: 20-06-17, 11:14AM »

Maybe I'm wrong.....

Do you have individuals who have reasonable adjustments in place?
Do you have individuals who struggle with the physicality of a warehouse role?

I am not saying such individuals have a right to or can be forced to do less physical roles, but am I wrong to think it could or should have been an "option" to consider when "New Roles" are created.

To be honest it is something I thought about but I am not sure whether its the right or wrong way to think.
Would the company be wrong to suggest such a role as an option to any individual who may be in one or both of the scenarios above?

Duracell.

picktocube

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #45 on: 20-06-17, 01:33PM »
That is exactly what happened at my DC. Some positions were held open for people that really needed a less physical role . Mainly for those that had already had substantial time off ,ie: heart attack ,stroke, etc . It was a way of getting them people back to work .
Before Tesco took away dekit and cleaning roles ,there was always a way of moving people into a less physical role either temporary or permanently.

grim up north

• Regular Pain
« Reply #46 on: 21-06-17, 11:11AM »

Maybe I'm wrong.....

Do you have individuals who have reasonable adjustments in place?
Do you have individuals who struggle with the physicality of a warehouse role?

I am not saying such individuals have a right to or can be forced to do less physical roles, but am I wrong to think it could or should have been an "option" to consider when "New Roles" are created.

To be honest it is something I thought about but I am not sure whether its the right or wrong way to think.
Would the company be wrong to suggest such a role as an option to any individual who may be in one or both of the scenarios above?

Ah, I never thought of it that way. If someone has a bad back it could be better for them. But if some staff have had heart attacks etc I wouldn't have thought they needed the stress of the new role. They seem to grief from both sides.

redcar renegade

• Regular Pain
« Reply #47 on: 21-06-17, 05:54PM »
Well Middlesbrough A shift podium monkeys look like the a bunch of cartoon characters aka Mr Angry , ginger ninja, sheraa, a dean martin impersonator , a couple of clerks decided to join the fun must be getting sick of all the coffee and cakes in goods in office. To qoute a saying about world war one " lions lead by donkeys" , A. D must be p**sing himself as he goes onto nights safe in knowing he has stitched up the G.M big time lol