Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20-10-17, 07:45AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 7596
  • Latest: FF2017
Stats
  • Total Posts: 71743
  • Total Topics: 1563
  • Online Today: 117
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Podium Monkey's  (Read 7626 times)

OpShunned

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
Re: Podium Monkey's
« Reply #50 on: 01-07-17, 09:13AM »
Training started today outgoing managers training WL1 to do their job another kick in the teeth can't wait till they tell me what to do

Does the Booker crowd do things like that? I mean, running things without too many managers about the place?

crabbit

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #51 on: 01-07-17, 12:16PM »
They are getting paid for starting their shift 15 mins early so they can complete a handover from previous shift.
10 hours sounds too much though, should be around 5 hours (15 mins a day x5 weekly)
This is in Livingston, should be the same in all depots if tesco are consistent.
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

redcar renegade

• Know All
« Reply #52 on: 01-07-17, 02:22PM »
Crabbit here at Middlesbrough apparently they also going to attend end of shift brief with managers, so making it 30mins a shift so 2.5 hours a week 10 hours a month this was pushed for by the infamous A.D.
So why was this not mentioned in job description because as far as I know Tesco trying to save money but if there are 5 podium monkeys on each shift and we have 3 shifts that's £24345 not including the little bit extra premium night shift gets.
Let's see if any other depots do the same if not insist on it if it's good enough for Middlesbrough it's good enough for everyone. Strength thru unity lol

Arizonarugby

• Know All
« Reply #53 on: 01-07-17, 07:27PM »
This was never the structure of the new roles, they were meant just to do the "admin" tasks that tied mangers to podiums, and was meant to free them up to manage the departments - it sounds like your depot ( as well as mine) have abdicated responsibility.

At my depot the only result of the restructure is that managers have moved from the podiums to the comfort and warmth of the office

Sarcinarous

« Reply #54 on: 01-09-17, 03:15PM »
They get paid for starting the shift 15 minutes early and holding back 15 minutes later for change overs. In reality it's more like a softly "requested" 30 minutes each way. There is no shortage of people at Lichfield willing to do it though. We've been dealing with it for the better part of a year, being one of the trial depots.

babymetal

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #55 on: 08-09-17, 10:22AM »
At Reading depot they get 30 mins overtime for pre shift brief and handover, the roles are working quite well so far. But the depot as a whole needs a lot of work, standards, performance, cleanliness are nowhere near up to scratch

redcar renegade

• Know All
« Reply #56 on: 08-09-17, 11:30AM »
In reply to the comments of how this role is working at other D.C's seems that senior management have saved managera wages and given the monkeys 2.5hrs overtime a week plus £6.
This was meant to be purely a asmin role in our depot the monkeys are assigning jobs and work to people this is causing a lot of bad feeling wht should W1 tell another W1 what to do it is immoral & corrupt

Arizonarugby

• Know All
« Reply #57 on: 08-09-17, 01:56PM »
This is likely to be happening at all depots - it's certainly happening at my (old) depot- it's a case of the (remaining) managers abdicating responsibility and passing the blame on to some poor misguided soul, who thinks that they have a career in Tesco

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #58 on: 08-09-17, 02:05PM »
Looks like the depot equivalent of the instore Shift Leader role, filled with misguided people.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Dip and drive

« Reply #59 on: 21-09-17, 06:14PM »
Can anyone say which dc is paying overtime for pre and end of shift hand overs for the podium people.

babymetal

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #60 on: 22-09-17, 05:15PM »
At Reading depot the pod monkeys get 30mins pre shift overtime(with the addition of night premium on AM shift but post shift is usually only 5 or 10 mins so is not paid.  With regards to how the pod monkey role is working we do have some staff that seem to have little or no respect for their authority, but for the most part they treated managers exactly the same.  On the whole our pod monkeys(across all shifts) are working quite well no favours given just best person for right job.

CoffeeGate

• Regular Pain
« Reply #61 on: 28-09-17, 05:08PM »
At Middlesbrough they get 15mins OT paid before their shift.
This has had an unexpected development however, as now former options candidates are raising grievances due to the fact that they were never paid and worked at least 30mins extra every single day.
Will be very interesting to see how that one pans out because if its successful the flood gates will truly open.