Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
14-12-19, 04:47PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8670
  • Latest: Clinton
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62886
  • Total Topics: 1108
  • Online Today: 342
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 151
Total: 156

Author Topic: Attendance review  (Read 25481 times)

Weed

• Smart Arse
Re: Attendance review
« Reply #75 on: 12-10-17, 01:23PM »
I was told to phone the Duty Manager number every contracted shift when sick despite sending them my doctors line. Why do you need to phone if they have a fit note? Anyway I phoned as per the request and not once could I get a hold of anyone. The place is a farse!

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #76 on: 12-10-17, 03:25PM »
 You don't have to phone for every shift. They are being idiots.

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #77 on: 12-10-17, 04:43PM »
tumshie  :thumbup:

no change there then

spike_pkh

• Know All
« Reply #78 on: 12-10-17, 08:44PM »
It ain't hard to get a doctors note for time off sick when there is nothing wrong with you. A few staff in our store did it a while back but got caught out on their lies.

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #79 on: 12-10-17, 08:56PM »
spike_pkh

How can a colleague be caught out if a medical expert has signed there name on a Fit Note?

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #80 on: 12-10-17, 10:56PM »

Had someone that went sick , was then seen to have gone to Ibiza for a hen week ,, , silly Girl only posted it all on her face book, 8-)

Then had a classic one when a mate went sick for 2 weeks due to a sprained ankle ,, He was seen to be the referee at a Sunday league match ,
 ;D,

Even had one when someone went sick from Tesco,, But same week started working for someone else , The place he worked sent a letter to his store for a reference stating his start date ,

So yes you can get caught out ,

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #81 on: 12-10-17, 11:55PM »
only if you're an idiot!!! 8-)

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #82 on: 13-10-17, 12:08AM »
Standing in the one spot seems to be the new way of refereeing games anyway. What has happened to all the good footballers too. The alcoholic smokers who could actually kick a ball. All these academies trying to make players isn't working. Sorry to go off topic.

spike_pkh

• Know All
« Reply #83 on: 13-10-17, 03:46AM »
spike_pkh

How can a colleague be caught out if a medical expert has signed there name on a Fit Note?

As mentioned above are good ways.. ours signed off with bad back then posted all over facebook and snapchat them doing things you couldn't do with a bad back

dotnochance

« Reply #84 on: 23-08-19, 04:43PM »
Quick question, was off sick came back on the sunday 11th aug had my welcome back on that day, was told it going to an ar as i was over %! meeting with letter was set for fri 16th aug. They came back later and said its canceled as i im on holiday that day, both myself and manager didnt know about holiday, anyway im back from my holiday today 23 aug and was told meeting will be next friday 30th aug (though haven't got a letter yet) is this now out of process

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #85 on: 23-08-19, 05:49PM »
If in all these cases sick notes were provided, yet they clearly don't have the symptoms signed off on, then that's more of an indictment of the medical professionals, I think in such cases where the colleagues are caught out, it should be handled as gross misconduct rather than standard absence.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #86 on: 23-08-19, 07:43PM »
Quick question, was off sick came back on the sunday 11th aug had my welcome back on that day, was told it going to an ar as i was over %! meeting with letter was set for fri 16th aug. They came back later and said its canceled as i im on holiday that day, both myself and manager didnt know about holiday, anyway im back from my holiday today 23 aug and was told meeting will be next friday 30th aug (though haven't got a letter yet) is this now out of process

No not really, as it was postponed due to your being on holiday... the postponement should have been MUTUALLY agreed to a later date, and you should be given a letter for the date next Friday, but they're not out of time constraints for giving you the letter, YET!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

dotnochance

« Reply #87 on: 27-08-19, 03:27PM »
Well now I’m off until Friday didn’t get any letter, it was mentioned last week that it will probably be this Friday, but literally haven’t heard anything since last week

HBKid

« Reply #88 on: 23-10-19, 01:28PM »
They do not need to give a written letter to inform you of an attendance review.

Is this true?

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #89 on: 23-10-19, 08:10PM »
When you have welcome back you are told about your absence percentage and you will have your review.  Unless its changed in last few years.
« Last Edit: 23-10-19, 08:11PM by lordadmiral »

Buddah

« Reply #90 on: 27-10-19, 06:10PM »
Could someone please tell me how the Absence Percentage is calculated please ???

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #91 on: 28-10-19, 07:44AM »
22.5 (absence) divided by 949 (26 weeks @ 36.5) multiplied by 100 = 2.37%

That was based on a 22.5 hour contract, you use your own core hours to calculate.

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #92 on: 28-10-19, 01:59PM »
(Absence hours) divided by (contracted hours for 26 wks) times 100

Long gone

« Reply #93 on: 29-10-19, 12:10AM »
If in all these cases sick notes were provided, yet they clearly don't have the symptoms signed off on, then that's more of an indictment of the medical professionals, I think in such cases where the colleagues are caught out, it should be handled as gross misconduct rather than standard absence.

A member of staff got out of a lot of duties at work including checkout duties by going to their GP and was excluded from checkout duties ever since the day they went to the doctor, they had to pay for their “sick note” however ( think it was £25) and it had to be put on their records. This person was lying about their reasons for not being able to go on a checkout or do other things and this was actually proven by management but because they had a note from their GP they were still excluded and it had to be accepted . As long as people can bypass the system they will continue to do so. 

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #94 on: 29-10-19, 08:06AM »
 8-) I would be extremely suprised if their doctor had supplied an exemption certificate, based on false ailments  ??? Most requested medical certificates are charged, and the doctor signs that certificate as a statement of fact,  so doubt very much the doc is going to risk their reputation for £25 just so Joe blogs doesn't need answer a red call  ???

I'm also curious and concerned as to how the management can make it common knowledge that the colleague's condition is fictitious and brand them a liar! More concerning is that it is covered under the Data protection act and therefore, should be stored in their personnel file, and not be accessible to any manager, unless they request it from personnel for a related reason!

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #95 on: 29-10-19, 11:18AM »
Look at the whiplash claim industry, diagnosing whiplash based on physical systoms is next to impossible (I've seen recent articles declaring whiplash as entirely fictitious) so the doctor is entirely dependent on the symptoms described by the patient when making a diagnosis, and patients lie.

The classic "bad back" suffers the same issues.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #96 on: 29-10-19, 06:04PM »
I would find it hard to believe any doctor would declare an exemption, based merely on the word of a patient. The symptoms would have been ongoing, declared over a number of consultations, and treatment, medication and referrals with follow ups in place, all logged in their notes, before anyone could declare certain aspects of the job are to be exempt.

Whiplash may or may not be thought as fictitious, but even then, there would be the initial cause of the whiplash injury logged in their medical notes.

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #97 on: 29-10-19, 07:49PM »
What you're describing sounds more like a occupational health assessment.

This situation from what long gone described sounds more like a typical sick note/fit note situation.

I'd wager a guess that it's came down to management wanting a simple life, rather than pushing for this person to be till trained.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #98 on: 29-10-19, 11:30PM »
No what long gone was describing is an exemption certificate, which is a medical statement declaring the employee is unable to undertake certain tasks, due to a restricting medical condition, hence the reason they are permanently excluded from working on certain departments which requires that person to perform tasks or procedures, for which they are deemed unable to execute, due to a mobility or medical restriction,...and I speak from personal experience here.

That is why I question the right of any manager to disclose that information and make it common knowledge to all. To then openly criticise and label that colleague a liar! They have crossed the line! All doctors statements pertaining to any employee's medical condition are data protected and any breach of that confidentiality should result in a grievance for gross misconduct placed against that manager, by the employee. And again...I speak from personal experience.
« Last Edit: 29-10-19, 11:34PM by lucgeo »

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #99 on: 30-10-19, 12:27AM »
I've never heard of a exemption certificate (athough I guess I've been fortunate to never need anything like it) so I tried searching for it, all I found was references to free prescriptions and other healthcare costs?