Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19-10-19, 10:11AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8508
  • Latest: sheryle
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61716
  • Total Topics: 1084
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Attendance review  (Read 21608 times)

Weed

• Smart Arse
Re: Attendance review
« Reply #75 on: 12-10-17, 01:23PM »
I was told to phone the Duty Manager number every contracted shift when sick despite sending them my doctors line. Why do you need to phone if they have a fit note? Anyway I phoned as per the request and not once could I get a hold of anyone. The place is a farse!

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #76 on: 12-10-17, 03:25PM »
 You don't have to phone for every shift. They are being idiots.

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #77 on: 12-10-17, 04:43PM »
tumshie  :thumbup:

no change there then

spike_pkh

• Know All
« Reply #78 on: 12-10-17, 08:44PM »
It ain't hard to get a doctors note for time off sick when there is nothing wrong with you. A few staff in our store did it a while back but got caught out on their lies.

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #79 on: 12-10-17, 08:56PM »
spike_pkh

How can a colleague be caught out if a medical expert has signed there name on a Fit Note?

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #80 on: 12-10-17, 10:56PM »

Had someone that went sick , was then seen to have gone to Ibiza for a hen week ,, , silly Girl only posted it all on her face book, 8-)

Then had a classic one when a mate went sick for 2 weeks due to a sprained ankle ,, He was seen to be the referee at a Sunday league match ,
 ;D,

Even had one when someone went sick from Tesco,, But same week started working for someone else , The place he worked sent a letter to his store for a reference stating his start date ,

So yes you can get caught out ,

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #81 on: 12-10-17, 11:55PM »
only if you're an idiot!!! 8-)

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #82 on: 13-10-17, 12:08AM »
Standing in the one spot seems to be the new way of refereeing games anyway. What has happened to all the good footballers too. The alcoholic smokers who could actually kick a ball. All these academies trying to make players isn't working. Sorry to go off topic.

spike_pkh

• Know All
« Reply #83 on: 13-10-17, 03:46AM »
spike_pkh

How can a colleague be caught out if a medical expert has signed there name on a Fit Note?

As mentioned above are good ways.. ours signed off with bad back then posted all over facebook and snapchat them doing things you couldn't do with a bad back

dotnochance

« Reply #84 on: 23-08-19, 04:43PM »
Quick question, was off sick came back on the sunday 11th aug had my welcome back on that day, was told it going to an ar as i was over %! meeting with letter was set for fri 16th aug. They came back later and said its canceled as i im on holiday that day, both myself and manager didnt know about holiday, anyway im back from my holiday today 23 aug and was told meeting will be next friday 30th aug (though haven't got a letter yet) is this now out of process

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #85 on: 23-08-19, 05:49PM »
If in all these cases sick notes were provided, yet they clearly don't have the symptoms signed off on, then that's more of an indictment of the medical professionals, I think in such cases where the colleagues are caught out, it should be handled as gross misconduct rather than standard absence.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #86 on: 23-08-19, 07:43PM »
Quick question, was off sick came back on the sunday 11th aug had my welcome back on that day, was told it going to an ar as i was over %! meeting with letter was set for fri 16th aug. They came back later and said its canceled as i im on holiday that day, both myself and manager didnt know about holiday, anyway im back from my holiday today 23 aug and was told meeting will be next friday 30th aug (though haven't got a letter yet) is this now out of process

No not really, as it was postponed due to your being on holiday... the postponement should have been MUTUALLY agreed to a later date, and you should be given a letter for the date next Friday, but they're not out of time constraints for giving you the letter, YET!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

dotnochance

« Reply #87 on: 27-08-19, 03:27PM »
Well now I’m off until Friday didn’t get any letter, it was mentioned last week that it will probably be this Friday, but literally haven’t heard anything since last week