Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
22-10-18, 08:39AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 81178
  • Total Topics: 1710
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 71
Total: 75

Author Topic: Staff searches  (Read 29895 times)

forrestgimp

• Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
Re: Staff searches
« Reply #200 on: 12-08-18, 12:05PM »
There's also other girls there, with after school /after college jobs, just evening staff, who've been seared - by a female manager but still a male security guard present - down to their knickers. Is this right?

No its not and to be frank I dont actually believe you.

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #201 on: 12-08-18, 01:21PM »
If anyone is being asked to strip down to underwear as part of the Random Search Policy, get your phone out and video the request, read my previous post, escalate the inappropriate incident to, the most senior Manager on site, Dave Lewis, your area organiser, email them all, same email so they can all see each other have received it. Include the Video in the email, and request the offender be dealt with.

Having said that, as soon as you take your phone out and start recording I suspect the request will not be repeated. A properly conducted search will take place. Please consider that it is not generally  accepted that you can go around filming what you like, but requesting an individual to strip down to just underwear as part of the search policy is a serious breach of policy and trust and such an abusive and invasive USE of policy that it warrants being recorded.

Doing so will end the behaviour one way or another, even the most vindictive manager won't turn the tables on you and escalate you trying to film them, because the nature of the request they are making warrants the filming and any investigation or discipline they try to Persue against you will highlight the Lewd, invasive request they have made.

So they ask you remove clothing down to underwear, you get your phone out, start the recording, then ask them to repeat the request, ( the colour drains from their face ), they either then back track to the correct search procedure and all is as it should be or they are foolish enough to ask again on video and then you obviously refuse the lewd, invasive and inappropriate request leave the room and site. To then escalate the footage to senior management, Dave Lewis and the Police.
« Last Edit: 12-08-18, 01:23PM by Duracell »
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #202 on: 12-08-18, 01:36PM »
You cannot be told to strip to be searched. If they tell you to do so tell them to p**s off as they are breaking the law.
If the police cannot do it what on earth makes you think Tesco managers/security have so special right to do so?

Not stripped. We're told to remove our outer clothing. They tell us this means our uniform, and they tell us they're entitled to ask us to remove it as it is their property

Remove clothing down to 1 layer above any underwear, not all uniform.

I also find it hard to believe that a female searcher has been involved in such Lewd requests and behaviour.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

OvaSees

• Smart Arse
« Reply #203 on: 12-08-18, 05:49PM »
The company has been around and employed people for almost a century, has never shut up about 'great leadership' for at least the last 15 years of that, it recruits University educated people into management and throws a seemingly endless amount of resources at their development supported by a hugely bloated HR structure - yet the behaviour of some managers in this company staggers me. Seriously, in this day and age?

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #204 on: 12-08-18, 08:28PM »
@OvaSees. I have just written what you have said almost exactly to the word in my Wmty survey. The standard of Tosco MM is pitiful. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
The worlds me lobster

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #205 on: 13-08-18, 10:18AM »
"Staff searches" please.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Blodwyn

« Reply #206 on: 20-08-18, 10:32AM »
I was asked by 2 managers to do a staff search on the shop floor and replied that I did not object but believed they should not be carried out in a public place ( I read this on VLH ). The reply was "Only if you object, otherwise it's OK". Is this true, as some members of staff may find it embarrassing to be searched in front of customers? At the time I was on fitting room duty on F&F.

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #207 on: 20-08-18, 11:57AM »
If nobody objects they can do pretty much anything.
If you agree they can pretty much do anything because you have agreed.

They are trying to be clever with words, in a response to you saying you did not object.

My response would be , I am sorry you seem to have misunderstood, I do not object to or would refuse a correctly conducted search. For a search to be considered as correctly conducted as per the policy and procedure, it needs to be amongst other things conducted in a private room with the correct people present, as I am sure you are aware.
Are you requesting that I take part in a correctly conducted Search? if you are, shall we make our way to the appropriate private area for the search to be considered as correctly conducted.
If it is inconvenient at the present time to do this  then I am more than happy to consent to a correctly conducted search at a later time in the appropriate place that allows the search to be considered as correctly conducted.

« Last Edit: 20-08-18, 12:05PM by Duracell »

Duracell.

Nowanexmgr

• Regular Pain
« Reply #208 on: 20-08-18, 12:19PM »
I've only been there a couple of months, so I'm not really in a position to cause any trouble. I was a bit shocked the first time it happened and had to strip down to my bra and knickers, but everyone there just seems to accept it as normal

LOL

Seriously you and your colleagues can't be this stupid.

If I was new and they told me to strip down in a room where anyone could see walking past I would be asking some serious questions before telling them to go f*** themselves.

Do your managers get searched and asked to strip down to their underwear?

Look. I've been out of work for over two years. I took a job knowing about random searches. I'm not going to argue. I got involved in a random search, had to strip down to just my knickers, I'm still not going to argue. I hear what you're saying, but look at it from my point of view!

Anybody who clearly lies about being made to “strip down to my knickers” is not o Luna fantasist but also in my opinion, a little unwell.

Liar liar liar.

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #209 on: 20-08-18, 12:51PM »
Why do you find it hard to believe that someone who is likely still within their probationary period doesn’t want to go against requests or cause a storm, as hard as it maybe to believe, given all that we know to be possible and common within T, why is it so hard to believe that with so many staff working for T with so many types of people there maybe a perverse narsasist too.

400,000 staff ... it’s a bit nieve to think there isn’t even a remote possibility  a really bad sick individual is in there somewhere.

When someone potentially raises the alarm, you shoot them down and call them a liar, very commendable. NOT!!

« Last Edit: 20-08-18, 12:53PM by Duracell »

Duracell.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #210 on: 20-08-18, 02:03PM »
@Nowanexmgr, when MM do all manner of things the incorrect way, deliberately or otherwise, especially to fresh employees who maybe a little 'green' and have a desperate need to tread carefully why do you find this persons story so unbelievable ?

I think an apology from you would not be out of place as you have no proof for your accusation.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nowanexmgr

• Regular Pain
« Reply #211 on: 20-08-18, 03:04PM »
Why do you find it hard to believe that someone who is likely still within their probationary period doesn’t want to go against requests or cause a storm, as hard as it maybe to believe, given all that we know to be possible and common within T, why is it so hard to believe that with so many staff working for T with so many types of people there maybe a perverse narsasist too.

400,000 staff ... it’s a bit nieve to think there isn’t even a remote possibility  a really bad sick individual is in there somewhere.

When someone potentially raises the alarm, you shoot them down and call them a liar, very commendable. NOT!!
Nobody has raised any alarm. Nobody.

Raising the alarm would involve reporting to the police as a sexual assault. Because rest assured, making somebody strip down to their underwear when you have no right to IS a sexual assault.

Coming into a well known forum where there seems to be an ever increasing need to play a game of “I’m being treated worse than the last guy” and posting what is for sure a complete pile of poppyc**k is,frankly, disturbing and makes me worry about the state of mind of the poster.

So to the poster I say this. If you have been forced to strip down to your knickers for a staff search you have a moral and legal obligation to report this to the police. Forthwith. Today. Right now in fact. As, if true, there is a predator at loose within your place of work and failure to act against them is letting them away with it and , if true, may lead to them going a step or two further with the next person.

You cannot claim “I don’t want to cause a fuss” as you have been quite happy to post it on here.

Over to you. But I still call liar. And a disturbed liar at that.

Preacherpauly

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #212 on: 20-08-18, 03:10PM »

Terri's words were:

"but everyone there just seems to accept it as normal"

Other people in that store have been 'stripped' searched and no one has put in a complaint or anything. No one has raised the alarm or went to the store manager, called the protection line.

This is a serious issue if this happens but everyone excepts it. Makes it hard to believe.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #213 on: 20-08-18, 04:55PM »
"but everyone there just seems to accept it as normal" certainly does not convey the message that others have been treated in this way, only that everyone (which is possibly an exaggeration of numbers) accepts for whatever reason that what is alleged to have happened is normal, perhaps in other stores.

It is possible to accept a practice as being normal without being subjected to that practice, otherwise every practice one has not been subjected too must, by definition, be accepted as abnormal.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Preacherpauly

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #214 on: 20-08-18, 06:09PM »
"but everyone there just seems to accept it as normal" certainly does not convey the message that others have been treated in this way, only that everyone (which is possibly an exaggeration of numbers) accepts for whatever reason that what is alleged to have happened is normal, perhaps in other stores.

It is possible to accept a practice as being normal without being subjected to that practice, otherwise every practice one has not been subjected too must, by definition, be accepted as abnormal.

It does convey the message that it has happened in that store to other people.

Judging by the way teri has written it, there may have been another or other times that this has happened to her. Surely she would have told people what goes on in a search, and no one seemed to care to report it. Sounds fishy.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #215 on: 20-08-18, 06:52PM »
I repeat one can accept that something that occurs as being normal, without personally being subjected to the event in question.

You are reading something in to the statement that is not there.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nowanexmgr

• Regular Pain
« Reply #216 on: 20-08-18, 07:13PM »
I once had a manager who forced me to strip HIM down to HIS underwear during a staff search. Everyone in the store said it was perfectly normal.

Do I win a prize?

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #217 on: 20-08-18, 07:38PM »
Maybe you missed the prize that was on offer that day  :o
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Daredevil

« Reply #218 on: 26-08-18, 03:27AM »
There must be a female present & they should never have been asked to do something so personal.Shoes off,empty pockets is all that should be asked.