Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
24-05-17, 04:27PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: 2nd round of restructuring?  (Read 131930 times)

David

2nd round of restructuring?
« on: 10-02-16, 09:51PM »
Unfortunately a second round of Manager (both Lead & Team Manager) restructuring is about to start within next three weeks. In some instances stores will gain an additional manager but this is the exception rather than the rule. Stores have been instructed not to appoint/move/transfer managers until further notice to ensure vacancies are available for those affected.

formerscoboy

• Regular Pain
Re: 2nd round of restructuring?
« Reply #1 on: 10-02-16, 09:58PM »
How do you know this?

David

« Reply #2 on: 10-02-16, 10:03PM »
I'm not going to describe how, it would identify me to quickly. However I can assure you it is accurate.

formerscoboy

• Regular Pain
« Reply #3 on: 10-02-16, 10:04PM »
I take it there's a briefing document? Is it nationwide or just a trial region? Which roles go?

oliver

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #4 on: 10-02-16, 10:37PM »
David's information was spot on last time ,thanks again David.

AlexM

• Know All
« Reply #5 on: 10-02-16, 10:41PM »
It's been coming for a while, surely?
They've gotta finish off what they started last year. So far metro & expresses are untouched as far as restructure is concerned.

part of the problem

• Regular Pain
« Reply #6 on: 10-02-16, 11:15PM »
It will be interesting to see if they do it before the managers pay review or after. Can you say which format is affected David?

Hansolo

• Regular Pain
« Reply #7 on: 10-02-16, 11:20PM »
Well everyone knows they have been trialling in metro so must be that and maybe express??? I come from a metro(rebranded superstore)which didnt changeover till too late so am very hopeful we will follow the same route the others did in the first round!!!

Morris999

• Smart Arse
« Reply #8 on: 10-02-16, 11:39PM »
Unfortunately a second round of Manager (both Lead & Team Manager) restructuring is about to start within next three weeks. In some instances stores will gain an additional manager but this is the exception rather than the rule. Stores have been instructed not to appoint/move/transfer managers until further notice to ensure vacancies are available for those affected.

Explains afew strange decisions over the past few weeks on my and neighboring groups regarding managers!

Likes been said David was spot on last year!

lackofinterest

• Smart Arse
« Reply #9 on: 11-02-16, 03:31AM »
just a thought. maybe davids' surname is lewis?!!? ???

oliver

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #10 on: 11-02-16, 05:28AM »
Defiantly not ,this guys helped us not taken from us

tut tut

• Regular Pain
« Reply #11 on: 11-02-16, 09:28AM »
There are none so blind as those that cannot see !!!!

Global Moderator Comment Do you mean, "There's none so blind as those who will not see"

pantera666cfh

« Reply #12 on: 11-02-16, 01:15PM »

Any information that this new wave will affect Team Leaders? Thanks in advance.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #13 on: 11-02-16, 01:29PM »
Is it me, or has anyone else's store been seen to be using the flimsiest of misdemeanours to get rid of long serving staff??

On the grapevine in my area, is that long serving staff, are being got rid under the gross misconduct heading. Seriously, things that would have got a slap on the wrist, or even a "don't let me see you do that again!" from the more experienced, common sense managers of old, are now being crammed under the gross misconduct umbrella ??? ???

Would seem that there seems to be a culling culture going on, with the longer hour contracts and six weeks holidays colleagues in their sights :o
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

jonty

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #14 on: 11-02-16, 01:56PM »
There's always been a 'if you're face doesn't fit' culture in my Tesco. I've seen people sacked for petty stuff and others get away with murder (not literally) because they're up the managements bottom.

Jemema

« Reply #15 on: 11-02-16, 02:04PM »
Store managers had a meeting yesterday, PM's are at a meeting today to discuss a stores management restructure. There is no indication of what this includes, so maybe they will be culling the rest of the old team leaders, now under the Team Support name.

mosquito

• Regular Pain
« Reply #16 on: 11-02-16, 04:56PM »
Possibly more bad news for some , but I'm sure relief for others.

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #17 on: 11-02-16, 05:33PM »
Any idea what formats are affected?

bigboss

« Reply #18 on: 11-02-16, 06:22PM »
Is this the management restructuring in metro and express or all formats?

kaled78

• Regular Pain
« Reply #19 on: 11-02-16, 06:36PM »
we can but hope that the PM role will go,but I dare say they will get away scott free,and it will be the normal section managers who get screwed over,remember they still havn't stopped their double time YET

formerscoboy

• Regular Pain
« Reply #20 on: 11-02-16, 07:18PM »
If you read the post on last page, unlikely PM's are affected if they've already been briefed today/yesterday. Should be easy to work out which formats are affected if this is true? Has your pm been out of store either today or yesterday and what format are you?

bigboss

« Reply #21 on: 11-02-16, 07:29PM »
Not quite as easy as that as all pm,s would get some sort of brief as manager team leader movement into all formats would could happen

red devil

• Regular Pain
« Reply #22 on: 11-02-16, 08:08PM »
I think it's fair to say that the people on this forum don't doubt your knowledge of such matters as you were previously correct on last years revelations . Would it be possible for you to elaborate any further on what your stating will happen shorty,as I'm sure there will be plenty on here who will be interested in what you have to say?after all, to be forewarned is to be forearmed,as it were.

optout

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #23 on: 11-02-16, 08:37PM »
request permission from moderators.

IF what has been talked about in the previous few posts on this thread is deemed credible (I have no reason to doubt it, I am just thinking about the credibility of the forum as a whole IF the info proves uncredible) and as long as David the contributor of the info is in agreement, could this Info be moved to A Thread of it's own near the top, instead of buried in a pretty much non-descript (read, over general) thread. :thumbup:

Administrator Comment done
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

bigboss

« Reply #24 on: 12-02-16, 01:21PM »
Its superstores any information would be helpful