Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18-01-19, 09:52PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 80451
  • Total Topics: 1686
  • Online Today: 145
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Night closure  (Read 118711 times)

burns2015

Re: Night closure
« Reply #225 on: 29-01-16, 10:34AM »
Dear colleagues,

We’ve made big changes over the last year to simplify and improve our business – from introducing Brand Guarantee alongside lowering our prices, to reviewing our product range, improving availability and putting service back at the centre of everything we do. We know that customers are responding well – they’ve told us they feel our prices, service and availability are all improving steadily, and we saw signs of this improvement coming through in our Q3 and Christmas 2015/16 sales.

As you know, it’s a competitive sector and we need to make sure our business is competitive now and well set up for the future – and that means looking for ways to also invest in improving our customers’ experience of shopping at Tesco. 

With that in mind, I wanted to let you know that we’ve briefed colleagues in some of our 24-hour stores this week, about the decision to reduce their store’s opening hours to 6am to midnight from Quarter 1. These stores have a particularly low number of customers shopping with them overnight, and changing their trading hours will help Night teams to focus on replenishment and setting their stores up to deliver a brilliant shopping trip for our customers.

We’re continuing to review the way we operate all our stores across the estate, and some of the changes we need to make may have an impact on our colleagues’ roles in the short-term. While we’re confident we can keep any disruption to a minimum, I want to reassure you that our first priority will always be to make sure colleagues hear about these changes from us first, and we will work with impacted colleagues to help them find new roles wherever possible.   

I will update you on the progress we’re making in the coming months. In the meantime, please continue to share your feedback with me.

Matt Davies

cosmosmallpiece

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #226 on: 29-01-16, 11:29AM »
And was the Message put up by Matt Davis because it is in the press now 76 stores. Unfortunately I can get the link to the Evening Standard to work.

smithwally

« Reply #227 on: 29-01-16, 11:31AM »
And was the Message put up by Matt Davis because it is in the press now 76 stores. Unfortunately I can get the link to the Evening Standard to work.

Try this:

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/tesco-sc**ps-24hour-shopping-at-one-in-four-big-stores-a3167961.html

cosmosmallpiece

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #228 on: 29-01-16, 11:41AM »

Try this:

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/tesco-sc**ps-24hour-shopping-at-one-in-four-big-stores-a3167961.html
           Still not working

cosmosmallpiece

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #229 on: 29-01-16, 11:42AM »
This is part of it.

Shoppers may no longer be able to make late-night shopping runs in their pyjamas as Tesco is set to sc**p 24-hour openings at one in four of its biggest stores.

A total of 76 stores — including two in London — will now shut at midnight as bosses admitted not enough shoppers were coming through its doors during the night, meaning to keep them open was financially damaging.

« Last Edit: 29-01-16, 11:45AM by cosmosmallpiece »

beerbaron

« Reply #230 on: 29-01-16, 11:45AM »
So who are the 76?

cosmosmallpiece

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #231 on: 29-01-16, 11:48AM »
Go on our Tesco and ask Matt Davies he wants our feed back lol   matt.davies@uk.tesco.com

Jacket potato

« Reply #232 on: 29-01-16, 11:55AM »
http://www.tescoplc.com/index.asp?pageid=17&newsid=1305
Does not say who the 76 are but not meant for staff as it is posted in media news release .

TheMountain

« Reply #233 on: 29-01-16, 11:58AM »
Search Tesco on that link and it's the top story.

Loki

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • Justice is the sanction of established injustice
« Reply #234 on: 29-01-16, 12:00PM »
The article:

29th January 2016

Tesco calls time on 24 hour trading at stores

Opening hours will be reduced at 76 stores around the country to improve the shopping experience for customers, Tesco announced today. Affected stores, which had previously been open 24 hours, will close their doors to customers between midnight and 6am.

The move to reduce hours means more Tesco colleague time will be freed up to replenish products on the shelves overnight, which will mean better availability of products and better looking stores when they open their doors to customers each morning.

Being responsive to the way customers want to shop in store means making a much more efficient use of Tesco time and resources, making savings for Tesco which can be passed on to customers.

Tony Hoggett, Retail Director for Tesco said:
“We’re always thinking about how to serve our customers better in each of our stores and with the growth of online grocery shopping, these stores saw very few customers during the night.

“It makes much more sense for colleagues at those stores to focus on replenishing the shelves instead and making sure they’re fully stocked when they open their doors at 6am.

“We’ll continue to make changes in store in ways that will make shopping at Tesco a better experience for our customers, at the times they want to shop.”

The changes will take effect between 14th March and 11th April 2016. There will be no other change to the night operation in these shops, so the impact to colleagues is expected to be minimal.

Notes to editors
24 hour trading began in 1996 and approximately 400 stores are open 24 hours a day.
« Last Edit: 29-01-16, 12:01PM by Loki »
Life is a monstrous demented gag. Madness is the emergency exit.
I will not reply to unsolicited PM's.

cosmosmallpiece

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #235 on: 29-01-16, 12:03PM »
Lets just hope the 76 stores know by now.

Loki

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • Justice is the sanction of established injustice
« Reply #236 on: 29-01-16, 12:05PM »
But that requires communication.
Life is a monstrous demented gag. Madness is the emergency exit.
I will not reply to unsolicited PM's.

tasha66

• Know All
Keep thinking youre all safe.but reallity youre a cost whoever you are!!!!!!!!!!

cosmosmallpiece

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #238 on: 29-01-16, 12:07PM »
Sure does Loki

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #239 on: 29-01-16, 12:26PM »
Tesco sc**ps 24-hour shopping at one in four big stores

Copy & paste the above line in your search engine, and you should find articles on the matter.

The word censor interferes with the URL, will try to find a way round it, but for now the above can be a work around.

Recent links now in VLH news ticker.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

smithwally

« Reply #240 on: 29-01-16, 12:29PM »
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/failsworth-tesco-opening-hours-jobs-10801765

For those of you who are keeping the NP2 night shift payment, the issue of other staff who work till midnight losing their NP1 premium should matter to you as it matters to them, as in a few years time, Tesco will want to reduce or eliminate the NP2 premium.

The staff who left due to loss of NP1 will not be there to lend you their support......... just like the Sunday staff issue as posted here:

http://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?topic=15065.msg165749;topicseen#new

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #241 on: 29-01-16, 02:27PM »
Does anyone know when NP1 will stop being paid?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

the rule book

• Know All
« Reply #242 on: 29-01-16, 02:30PM »
Will Merchandise and price integrity  be merged into customers assistants on twilight shifts?
Will Customers assistants be trained in how to do price changes and remerch mods when required?

Something that's all ready well practised in express stores and metros.  As these seem to be two departments that would be eliminated by a closing of stores and having a twilight fill.  Let's face it, the looming Oppenheimer sized disaster about to unfold of night crews filling the shops in the busiest trading periods is only going to lose more customers.

HalloweenJack

« Reply #243 on: 29-01-16, 02:41PM »
probably be twilight legals for PI - since IIRC they print at 7pm or so? then an early start ; 5 am for decreases?

cosmosmallpiece

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #244 on: 29-01-16, 02:44PM »
Equalizer87 all in July I think

jelly

« Reply #245 on: 29-01-16, 02:46PM »
will ideal base now be knocked on the head for night shift due to the midnight closing, after being forced to change my hrs from 2100-0600 to 2200-0700 to accommodate customers through the night. Surely our hrs should be moved back!! 

bobbywm

• Regular Pain
« Reply #246 on: 29-01-16, 02:52PM »
probably be twilight legals for PI - since IIRC they print at 7pm or so? then an early start ; 5 am for decreases?
Our superstore went to twilight last year.  And that's exactly what pi do.  And I still Merchandise. It has it's moments. But we are managing okay.. you just have to be a bit more warey of people about.   And just get on with it.
Keep on Rockin' in the free world

beerbaron

« Reply #248 on: 29-01-16, 03:14PM »
After what I've read on the BBC news website regarding Tesco ending 24hr trade in 76 stores

This quote from the website confuses me.

Normal night time activities - such as refilling shelves - will continue in the supermarkets so Tesco says the impact on employees will be "minimal".

Why is twilight shifts being mentioned?

If normal activities are continuing then surely nothing changes other than the stores closing times

SAMCRO

• Know All
« Reply #249 on: 29-01-16, 03:35PM »
List of stores:

https://66e0deeb078685a9224d-18afa556e75fce4044e99f6b2d32dbed.ssl.cf3.rackcdn.com/2016/01/Q1-24hr-store-announcement1.pdf

Thank you very much. My store isn't on that list, and to anyone else working nights whose store isn't on that list - do not think that you are out of the danger zone, now this has begun I would not be surprised to see more night teams get shafted in Q2.