Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
23-01-19, 02:39AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6331
  • Latest: Mk
Stats
  • Total Posts: 75916
  • Total Topics: 1552
  • Online Today: 145
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 86
Total: 89

Author Topic: Night closure  (Read 118895 times)

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
Re: Night closure
« Reply #200 on: 28-01-16, 07:08PM »
@cosmosmallpiece

I don't blame you for a second. Best thing when Tesco are just constantly whipping their staff to death. I would certainly accept redundancy in this situation.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

cosmosmallpiece

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #201 on: 28-01-16, 07:18PM »
Equalizer87 to be honest I feel so let down by them. Over the years I and many others have given so much to this firm and this is how they are paying us. Still thats how it goes, but I do feel the ones who have got us into this mess are getting away with it.

red devil

« Reply #202 on: 28-01-16, 07:22PM »
@tasha66
Your article is correct.the union rep was at a briefing last night and afterwards revealed that there will be hardly any positions for night staff as they are moving all the day team around the new heat map only leaving part time hours for any night staff that might be interested. Interesting after all of us ga's have been given redundancy estimations in the form of a letter and no estimations on the proposed night premium payment over 2 years.5/12 shifts have been mentioned and definitely no full time positions.not quite the picture they painted last week when they made the announcement.so to confirm prett much the whole nigh team redundant .not sure what choices the managers have as they seem to be in the dark more than we are.tonrub salt in the wound we then get the politician that is the store manager coming to our aisles asking if we're OK and not to listen to the rumours(which have turned out to be true),you couldn't make it up honestly !'

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #203 on: 28-01-16, 07:24PM »
@cosmosmallpiece

That is exactly how I and others felt before I left. All our effort and time just to be backstabbed, treated apallingly and ultimately thrown away. All ok when DL, MD and co can get their excessive bonuses. I hope you get the chance to escape with something and start a fresh.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

SAMCRO

• Know All
« Reply #204 on: 28-01-16, 07:31PM »
Sadly I now feel as though redundancy will be the best option for myself, accepting it would be bittersweet. Whether or not my store night team will be affected is another matter. As time goes on we are becoming worth less and less.

kaled78

• Know All
« Reply #205 on: 28-01-16, 08:08PM »
perhaps people can list the stores that are losing 24 hour opening,when the official announcement comes,it would be intresting to see which ones they are

tasha66

• Know All
« Reply #206 on: 28-01-16, 09:25PM »
http://m.independent.ie/business/irish/up-to-1000-tesco-staff-fight-massive-cuts-in-pay-34403472.html

Just the start its coming the mainland hope none are on old ts and cs
Keep thinking youre all safe.but reallity youre a cost whoever you are!!!!!!!!!!

monkey tennis

• Regular Pain
« Reply #207 on: 29-01-16, 04:40AM »
Anybody know what the redundancy package is

red devil

« Reply #208 on: 29-01-16, 08:31AM »
@Monkey how old are you and how much service have you got?they give us a book with info how to calculate your package.

monkey tennis

• Regular Pain
« Reply #209 on: 29-01-16, 09:11AM »
18 years 41 year old

smithwally

« Reply #210 on: 29-01-16, 09:31AM »
Please read my two posts in POSSIBLY Part of February Announcement?????

Administrator Comment Please do not make same posts in three threads. Nomad

red devil

« Reply #211 on: 29-01-16, 09:39AM »
18 years 41 year old
18 weeks at full contractual pay minus tax and insurance
28 weeks additional service pay
Notice period payment is capped at 12 weeks pay after 13 years or more service.
So your looking at 18 weeks taxable  and 46 weeks tax free
Plus Any holidays unused to be paid
Hope this helps

monkey tennis

• Regular Pain
« Reply #212 on: 29-01-16, 09:45AM »
Yes cheers where does the 28 week come from

red devil

« Reply #213 on: 29-01-16, 09:47AM »
Additional service pay
18/19 yrs service is 28 weeks full pay

red devil

« Reply #214 on: 29-01-16, 09:50AM »
Additional service pay
18/19 yrs service is 28 weeks full pay
Also the statutory part that your taxed on is capped at £475 a week.

monkey tennis

• Regular Pain
« Reply #215 on: 29-01-16, 09:55AM »
So is it not 18 weeks taxable and 28 tax free or are they giving you 18 weeks twice

Bleh

• Know All
« Reply #216 on: 29-01-16, 09:57AM »
Simplifying the way we run our business

Dear colleagues,

We’ve made big changes over the last year to simplify and improve our business – from introducing Brand Guarantee alongside lowering our prices, to reviewing our product range, improving availability and putting service back at the centre of everything we do. We know that customers are responding well – they’ve told us they feel our prices, service and availability are all improving steadily, and we saw signs of this improvement coming through in our Q3 and Christmas 2015/16 sales.

As you know, it’s a competitive sector and we need to make sure our business is competitive now and well set up for the future – and that means looking for ways to also invest in improving our customers’ experience of shopping at Tesco.

With that in mind, I wanted to let you know that we’ve briefed colleagues in some of our 24-hour stores this week, about the decision to reduce their store’s opening hours to 6am to midnight from Quarter 1. These stores have a particularly low number of customers shopping with them overnight, and changing their trading hours will help Night teams to focus on replenishment and setting their stores up to deliver a brilliant shopping trip for our customers.

We’re continuing to review the way we operate all our stores across the estate, and some of the changes we need to make may have an impact on our colleagues’ roles in the short-term. While we’re confident we can keep any disruption to a minimum, I want to reassure you that our first priority will always be to make sure colleagues hear about these changes from us first, and we will work with impacted colleagues to help them find new roles wherever possible.   

I will update you on the progress we’re making in the coming months. In the meantime, please continue to share your feedback with me.

Matt Davies

smithwally

« Reply #217 on: 29-01-16, 10:00AM »
Please read my two posts in POSSIBLY Part of February Announcement?????

Please do not make same posts in three threads.  Nomad

Point taken, but I wanted to ensure that both sets of staff affected, i.e night shift workers and the SUnday workers both had visibility of what I had posted.

I was not sure if the night shift workers actually view the sunday premium thread or that the sundy staff view the night shift thread.

I presume a link is better in this case, I shall use links then.

red devil

« Reply #218 on: 29-01-16, 10:07AM »
So is it not 18 weeks taxable and 28 tax free or are they giving you 18 weeks twice
Sorry my mistake..
You'll get 18 weeks taxed(statutory)
28 tax free (service)
12 weeks tax free (notice period)

terrybigballs

• Know All
« Reply #219 on: 29-01-16, 10:14AM »
I may be mistaken but I'm sure they told the team leaders the notice period was tax free but it was not.

terrybigballs

• Know All
« Last Edit: 29-01-16, 10:22AM by terrybigballs »

monkey tennis

• Regular Pain
« Reply #221 on: 29-01-16, 10:22AM »
Thanks for the info red devil can you tell me what 10 years 38 year old is please for a colleague sorry to be a pain

red devil

« Reply #222 on: 29-01-16, 10:23AM »
I may be mistaken but I'm sure they told the team leaders the notice period was tax free but it was not.
I know of a t/l who got taxed heavily and was told as they had a bigger wage than normal the tax system thinks your on more money so takes more off you but on the next payday they hardly paid any tax not sure if that happened everywhere or not but I can confirm at least one case if that's what your on about

red devil

« Reply #223 on: 29-01-16, 10:26AM »
Thanks for the info red devil can you tell me what 10 years 38 year old is please for a colleague sorry to be a pain
No probs.
10 weeks taxable
22 tax free

monkey tennis

• Regular Pain
« Reply #224 on: 29-01-16, 10:31AM »
Thanks will pass it on good luck with what u decide to do