Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
23-01-19, 03:46AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6331
  • Latest: Mk
Stats
  • Total Posts: 75916
  • Total Topics: 1552
  • Online Today: 145
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 82
Total: 83

Author Topic: Time Scale For Redundancy Talks  (Read 1587 times)

happyhammer

• Regular Pain
Time Scale For Redundancy Talks
« on: 29-04-17, 03:19PM »
Like a lot of my fellow night workers the only thing we have been told is that talks will take place during week 13. I have no intention of staying so if the pay off is right how soon can I leave without losing money? I have been told unofficially that it could be the end of June. I am sure it would be best in both parties interests for us to leave asap.

Tom Hardy

• Know All
Re: Time Scale For Redundancy Talks
« Reply #1 on: 29-04-17, 03:47PM »
If we are told week 13 you are then put into consultation for 45 days. It does not matter if you tell them on day 1 or day 45 what your intentions are you still work through this 45 days.

I'm unsure as to whether then you will do 2 weeks notice or 4 weeks notice

You can't leave any earlier than what they state as being your last day. I'm assuming there will be a date everyone will be given for the last night shift so depending on your contracted days you may finish before everyone else or may have to work to the bitter end.

They will tell you in the 1-2-1 meeting you will have during the 45 days.

Cheekymonkey007

• Know All
« Reply #2 on: 29-04-17, 04:19PM »
Express deputies were in consultation for 60 days. Then 4 weeks notice period of work on top.
Cheeky monkey

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #3 on: 29-04-17, 04:35PM »
The time scale is not soon enough for our night crew.

I was going to stay for redundancy but been told safe for another year so going to leave next month.

Couldn't get alot of the holidays I wanted as people keep leaving and are not getting replaced so a permanent holiday it will be. 

Donedonedone

« Reply #4 on: 29-04-17, 04:36PM »
If you intend on taking redundancy you cannot leave within the consultation period. If you do this then you are classed as a leaving on your own accord. When you are advised that you are at risk of redundancy, you will be told how long your consultation period is. Then if you are to be PILN. If you leave after the consultation period then it is your PILN that is affected not your redundancy package as you would have already confirmed you would be taking redundancy. If you log onto our tesco and search redundancy it is under terms and conditions section.