Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20-10-18, 01:39AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 81151
  • Total Topics: 1709
  • Online Today: 97
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 78
Total: 79

Author Topic: Tesco save as you earn 2015  (Read 6857 times)

oliver

• Smart Arse
Tesco save as you earn 2015
« on: 23-10-15, 07:50PM »
New save as you earn is £1.51 this time are you going to participate this year,or have you lost faith in the company,?

Fair play

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
Re: Tesco save as you earn 2015
« Reply #1 on: 23-10-15, 09:21PM »
Wasn't that the same as last year ?

oliver

• Smart Arse
« Reply #2 on: 23-10-15, 09:27PM »
£1.50 last year,

AlexM

• Smart Arse
« Reply #3 on: 23-10-15, 10:47PM »
Last year I put in £100 a month. This year I've put in £50 a month. Next year I'll do the another £50, all on 3 year plans so I'll get a payout every year - in 2017 it'll be the 2012 shares in success payment (which I'm leaving til it's tax free) & then the SAYE every year after that. It's a good way to save money. I will be cancelling my BAYE of £50. That's proving too risky now - not worth it.

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #4 on: 24-10-15, 04:26AM »
I think losing faith in the company is an understatement. the trust is completely gone.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #5 on: 24-10-15, 08:16AM »
I put few hundreds now in - 5yrs plan, shame i didn't do that last yr:(:(:(.

Mickymouse1962

• Regular Pain
« Reply #6 on: 24-10-15, 08:49AM »
won't put money in company that don't care and I hope goes bust like woolworth I hope Tesco will soon be a bad dream

best

« Reply #7 on: 24-10-15, 01:36PM »
Mickymouse1962. To see a few hundred thousand people loose employment plus all ancillary workers you must be in a bad place mentally....
Hand in your notice and set yourself free.

queenscorgie

« Reply #8 on: 26-10-15, 02:19AM »
saye  is too risky now if you read some of the industry info on Sh^^co its a bad move putting your money into anything Tesco, the share price is 60% less than it was 5 years ago,  There is still ongoing investigations and possibly massive fines we don't know about yet.  The Grocer mag also said the top brass in HQ only own a total of £350,000 of shares that shows you how much faith they have in the Co. used to be £M by each .  I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel and just before Xmas there is a lot riding on those figures and this will drastically impact the share price if poor. £1.40 is the price when a takeover could happen by another investor ,  its all too risky better of in an ISA just now.  The majority on VLH say management don't have a Scooby doo and neither they do so how can the share price go upwards with headless chickens running around.  Customers are still leaving in their droves due to promises that can't be kept.

burns2015

« Reply #9 on: 26-10-15, 03:05AM »
Queenscorgie  there is no risk what so ever in SAYE. At the end of the scheme you can either buy shares at option price or get what you saved back.

picktocube

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #10 on: 26-10-15, 03:51PM »
Queenscorgi,you do realise that the board had put restrictions on Dave Lewis ,because he had too much inside information ,but as soon as the half year results were announced Dave Lewis and a few other directors purchased £450,000 worth of shares. It is also in Dave Lewis contract that he has until 2019 to purchase shares to the value of 4 times his salary.  As burns2015 has said there is absolutely no risk in SAYE and you can take your money out and cancel at any time you like.

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #11 on: 26-10-15, 04:24PM »
I hope those that can scrutinise DL's share holding for contractual obligation do so.
As technically any SAYE scheme holdings that finish the savings term after 2019 shouldn't count toward his contractual obligation.
As technically any SAYE scheme doesn't become shares until the end of savings plan.
A 5 year plan now wouldn't become shares until 2020 if the share price at that time is lower than the option price realistically shares wouldn't be opted for, therefore until the decision is made at the end of the saving plan to opt for shares and shares are issued any investment into SAYE cannot and should not be encompassed in any shareholding until this time.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #12 on: 26-10-15, 04:29PM »
'No risk' does not automatically mean no loss, as getting back exactly that which was invested means a loss of the buying power in the amount invested.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

picktocube

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #13 on: 26-10-15, 04:48PM »
'No risk' does not automatically mean no loss, as getting back exactly that which was invested means a loss of the buying power in the amount invested.

Fair point Nomad .What I was trying to say is that compared to some savings plans that offer a higher rate of interest,if you wish to cancel,there are no penalties for cancelling mid-term.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #14 on: 26-10-15, 05:49PM »
picktocube, true.  I was not trying to correct you (in case you thought other wise),  I think you and I both know there are several aspects to consider when making any savings/investments.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

silver surfer

« Reply #15 on: 30-10-15, 10:51PM »
As I have said elsewhere - if you are over 55 you are better off this year not buying share save but using the cash instead to increase your percentage in the new pension scheme to 7.5% of your salary. You are guaranteed to double your money regardless of share price.

oliver

• Smart Arse
« Reply #16 on: 31-10-15, 08:10AM »
Silver surfer,if you put money into pension it will be tied up and you pay tax on it when over the tax fresh hold don't you? With share save its tax free at the end and you have control to do what and when to use the money surly that's better ?if of course the share price goes up,which I think it will but obviously no where near the high prices it did in the past.

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #17 on: 02-11-15, 10:48AM »
As I have said elsewhere - if you are over 55 you are better off this year not buying share save but using the cash instead to increase your percentage in the new pension scheme to 7.5% of your salary. You are guaranteed to double your money regardless of share price.

BANG ON

Anyone thinking of leaving the company within the current Sharesave offer terms of 3-5 years who will be 55 years old when they leave, a 7.5% investment into the new pension scheme will realise you pot when you leave with a 100% return on your investment.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

fatboy

• Regular Pain
« Reply #18 on: 17-07-18, 11:02PM »
I joined the saye 2015 3 year scheme. Anyone know the maturity date for this & is this date the one they use for the share price?

fatboy

• Regular Pain
« Reply #19 on: 09-08-18, 02:19PM »
I joined the saye 2015 3 year scheme. Anyone know the maturity date for this & is this date the one they use for the share price?

bugsbunny

« Reply #20 on: 09-08-18, 03:18PM »
Last payment will be October maturity date will be Feb 2019 the share price will be the date in feb 2019