Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18-09-19, 06:12AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60730
  • Total Topics: 1068
  • Online Today: 152
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 102
Total: 107

Author Topic: Disclosure/23rd  (Read 398447 times)

TescoNerd2007

• Know All
Re: Disclosure/23rd
« Reply #50 on: 23-02-15, 04:42PM »
Has anyone heard about express yet?

Pumpkin23

« Reply #51 on: 23-02-15, 04:43PM »
As anyone got the answer to this..... My management position has gone, but another manager in another store as kept hers, she is cat 6 with a less head count and takes half of what my dept takes, I'm a cat 7 and double the head count, the manager who is taking my job wasn't even in the briefing this morning, shouldn't she have been in the meeting?

What do you mean the manager who is taking your job?? What was your role?

Counters, I believe it's merging with dairy but have had no firm confirmation from SM who is going to be accountable for my department

Chuckiejock

« Reply #52 on: 23-02-15, 04:45PM »
All team leaders going. Dot com and front end team support as was expected.
Compliance staying.front end, customer service staying. Produce and counters staying. ISB staying. Thats it folks. Everyone else on 45 days.

nope Phoneshop is staying

Phoneshop is going in our store.

And ours.

Raz162

« Reply #53 on: 23-02-15, 04:46PM »
All team leaders going. Dot com and front end team support as was expected.
Compliance staying.front end, customer service staying. Produce and counters staying. ISB staying. Thats it folks. Everyone else on 45 days.

nope Phoneshop is staying

Phoneshop is going in our store.

I'll be surprised if this is true... Who would be running it?  Aren't they just running tech support also?

Well i know for defiantly that my store is staying and all the ones in my groups aswell (made a secret whatapp group w/out the AM), but tomorrow having a 1-2-1 may be told that i am taking over tech as well!

ARE YOU just talking about TL or the whole thing
« Last Edit: 23-02-15, 04:48PM by Raz162 »

thanksfornowt

« Reply #54 on: 23-02-15, 04:53PM »
As anyone got the answer to this..... My management position has gone, but another manager in another store as kept hers, she is cat 6 with a less head count and takes half of what my dept takes, I'm a cat 7 and double the head count, the manager who is taking my job wasn't even in the briefing this morning, shouldn't she have been in the meeting?

Counters, I believe it's merging with dairy but have had no firm confirmation from SM who is going to be accountable for my department

If that's the case then your situation is similar to the Grocery Mgr and BWS/Frozen/WH Manager in my store, because both of these roles do not exist individually any more they have both been entered into 45 days consultation.

zarniwoop

« Reply #55 on: 23-02-15, 04:59PM »
Just got back from my USDAW rep meeting with management and was read the script . It would seem that we are losing ALL team leaders which I did not expect , we are GAINING extra managers which I DEFINATELY did not expect and it was made very clear that this "is not a cost cutting exercise ". When asking about protected pay I was refused an answer ( this will be part of the one to ones) .
I have to say that I came out of the meeting not much the wiser and that , as reps , all we can give is a pat on the back and a "there there " , maybe the offer of a tissue . One good point being that the store management are making it clear that reps will be provided where needed but what can they do except for holding hands ?

GI

• Know All
    • Blog!
« Reply #56 on: 23-02-15, 05:05PM »
Doesn't seem like many stores are gaining managers.

WhateverNext

« Reply #57 on: 23-02-15, 05:07PM »
Any details out regarding night managers yet?

Pumpkin23

« Reply #58 on: 23-02-15, 05:07PM »

If that's the case then your situation is similar to the Grocery Mgr and BWS/Frozen/WH Manager in my store, because both of these roles do not exist individually any more they have both been entered into 45 days consultation.

I get that but someone has to be accountable so if it is the dairy manager surely they should have been in the same briefing as me... And a cat 6 store as kept their counters manager!! Don't make any sense to me

Tzer

« Reply #59 on: 23-02-15, 05:10PM »
I'm in the same situation that thanksfornowt has mentioned I won't know more til Thursdays 121,but at this moment in time I'd prefer redundancy rather than having warehouse/bws/frozen/household and grocery

banksywhoshe

« Reply #60 on: 23-02-15, 05:14PM »
Tl's are all going frm my extra too. That included tech and phoneshop, also produce, trollys, csd, stock control etc
We were told that theres a chance not all team support jobs will be filled and they may recruit from us. Freeforall!!

Also theres a part time tl job going in an express near our store. Wonder how many of our store ask to transfer!!

superstore_tl

• Regular Pain
« Reply #61 on: 23-02-15, 05:16PM »
My store manager informed me phone shop, opticians and pharmacy are not effected

Also that if your are a team leader and job matched to a team support role you will not recieve a lump sum as you would be voulentearly stepping down from your role
Would only receive lump sum if asked to step down

stockcontrol oracle

« Reply #62 on: 23-02-15, 05:17PM »
Anybody have any idea how much this balloon payment for full time team leader will be? I know I'll find out tomorrow but a few extra hours to ponder all the facts would benefit me

idoqueue1

« Reply #63 on: 23-02-15, 05:18PM »
Question I am a checkout TL at the meeting today all other TLs were told at their 1-2-1 the options available would be
a) Drop to GA with lump sum, on same department on same hours,
b) look at vacsncies on the cluster
c) redundancy. which would be discussed with each individual. We were told checkout were loosing hours, and we would be scored on sctrict criteria.

Does anyone know what the criteria this is, and also what options are going to be available, i.e would the team support role be on the same hours? if we were offered team support role, could we still take the lump sum and drop to GA?

Thank You
« Last Edit: 23-02-15, 05:20PM by idoqueue1 »

superstore_tl

• Regular Pain
« Reply #64 on: 23-02-15, 05:19PM »
Anybody have any idea how much this balloon payment for full time team leader will be? I know I'll find out tomorrow but a few extra hours to ponder all the facts would benefit me
2 year lump sum of the difference between your hourly rate and a team leader

idoqueue1

« Reply #65 on: 23-02-15, 05:21PM »

2 year lump sum of the difference between your hourly rate and a team leader

About 6,400 subject to tax and ni

zarniwoop

« Reply #66 on: 23-02-15, 05:22PM »
Doesn't seem like many stores are gaining managers.
Ours is !!!!!

skeaser

« Reply #67 on: 23-02-15, 05:23PM »
Can somebody tell me.........The position of Team Leaders that are staying like dot com, c/outs etc, are they going to go to existing TLs or are exTLs allowed to apply.

From what I have seen and heard in my own store the only way you will get a team support role on checkouts is through job matching - if you are a current checkout team leader you will be job matched to become team support. If there are fewer team support than existing team leaders then they have to grade you based on length of service, reviews, experience on other depts etc.

This is how it was explained to me by my PM anyway.

I have been job matched, I actually would have been happy with redundancy and made this clear in my meeting, I was told that I could step down but the way the PM worded their response implied this would be my choice and I obviously wouldn't receive any kind of parachute payment and as I had been job matched redundancy was not on the cards either.

In the event that I did step down (not happening but I think I'll be looking for a new job now anyway) the vacancy I would create would be opened up to the cluster so still no guarantee that one of my affected colleagues who would like the job and has done it previously would get it.

To say I am p**sed off is an understatement, this was my chance to get out of t***co with a golden handshake. Now it feels like I'm getting an unwanted golden shower from a hobo - my store is losing 2 team leaders from 5 so I'll be doing same job, same pay but more stress  >:D  >:D

Your pm has lied to you  you ARE entitled to redundency as your job Team Leader dose not EXIST, Team support is an entirely diffent job/role they have to offer you redundency or stepping down with protected pay/lump sum  etc like they have to other people, you need to speak your union rep asap, failing that the C.A.B

superstore_tl

• Regular Pain
« Reply #68 on: 23-02-15, 05:23PM »
Question I am a checkout TL at the meeting today all other TLs were told at their 1-2-1 the options available would be a) Drop to GA with lump sum, on same department on same hours, b) look at vacsncies on the cluster c) redundancy. which would be discussed with each individual. We were told checkout were loosing hours, and we would be scored on sctrict criteria. Does anyone know what the criteria this is, and also what options are going to be available, i.e would the team support role be on the same hours? if we were offered team support role, could we still take the lump sum and drop to GA?

Thank You

Skills & Competence x 3
Review Training Record Card
Skilled roles are D grade or higher. (Including Team Leader)

Performance over the previous 12 months x 2
Review ‘Inspiring Great Performance’ document to identify individual’s performance.

Development x 1
Review whether the employee is on an Options Development programme or Apprenticeship

Attendance over the previous 12 periods* x 1
Calculate the individual’s absence percentage for the last 12 periods.

Disciplinary Record x 2
Review individual’s file for any live disciplinary records 

You either get a 1, 0 or -1 for each category which then carries a weighting.

Length of Service   In the event that candidates score equally in the above selection matrix, the individual with the longest length of service would be selected. Length of service is defined as overall service with the company and not length of time in the job role. 

If you voulentearly drop to CA you would not receive a lump sum payment

expressdeputy

« Reply #69 on: 23-02-15, 05:26PM »
Has anyone heard about express yet?

No changes in Convenience at the moment. If you have access to emails, a communication came down via Daily Update at 3pm today. I can't copy and paste it.

idoqueue1

« Reply #70 on: 23-02-15, 05:28PM »
Question I am a checkout TL at the meeting today all other TLs were told at their 1-2-1 the options available would be a) Drop to GA with lump sum, on same department on same hours, b) look at vacsncies on the cluster c) redundancy. which would be discussed with each individual. We were told checkout were loosing hours, and we would be scored on sctrict criteria. Does anyone know what the criteria this is, and also what options are going to be available, i.e would the team support role be on the same hours? if we were offered team support role, could we still take the lump sum and drop to GA?

Thank You

Skills & Competence x 3

Review ‘Inspiring Great Performance’ document to identify individual’s performance.

Development x 1
Review whether the employee is on an Options Development programme or Apprenticeship

Disciplinary Record x 2

Length of Service   In the event that candidates score equally in the above selection matrix, the individual with the longest length of service would be selected. Length of service is defined as overall service with the company and not length of time in the job role. 

Thanx Superstore tl, what about warnings that have expired, I have had s couple of warning back in 2006, would these be taking into considerstion?

TheOneWhoKnocks

« Reply #71 on: 23-02-15, 05:29PM »
My store manager informed me phone shop, opticians and pharmacy are not effected

Also that if your are a team leader and job matched to a team support role you will not recieve a lump sum as you would be voulentearly stepping down from your role
Would only receive lump sum if asked to step down

Phone Shop TLs are going, managers are staying and will likely also take over looking after Tech teams

zarniwoop

« Reply #72 on: 23-02-15, 05:30PM »
I ask
I asked my SM that question and was told that it was a matter for the individual one to ones . That seems to be the scripted answer ,

strescovet

« Reply #73 on: 23-02-15, 05:31PM »
Your pm has lied to you  you ARE entitled to redundency as your job Team Leader dose not EXIST, Team support is an entirely diffent job/role they have to offer you redundency or stepping down with protected pay/lump sum  etc like they have to other people, you need to speak your union rep asap, failing that the C.A.B

Thanks skeaser, how sure of this are you? I would really like to know where I stand - my 121 is in the morning...
« Last Edit: 23-02-15, 05:36PM by strescovet »

superstore_tl

• Regular Pain
« Reply #74 on: 23-02-15, 05:34PM »

Thank You

Skills & Competence x 3

Development x 1

Disciplinary Record x 2

Thanx Superstore tl, what about warnings that have expired, I have had s couple of warning back in 2006, would these be taking into considerstion?

I asked and my PM said she couldnt Go into more detail until the team leader effected in my store was spoken to as this person was not at the briefings today
Sorry
But would guess it's only things in last 12 months, anything further than that doesn't effect your performance and job role etc

(edited to separate quote and answer more clearly)
« Last Edit: 23-02-15, 06:33PM by tumshie »