Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
26-03-19, 10:56AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Disclosure/23rd  (Read 368430 times)

rumourmill

Re: Disclosure/23rd
« Reply #25 on: 23-02-15, 03:42PM »
Nothing we didn't already know really.

Team leaders will keep the same hours and days. (this could be store specific,I don't know)

Choice of pay off or redundancy.

Do you mean 'same hours' as in same shift patterns or the same contracted hours we work?

I think they were implying same contracted hours. However its more info for the 1-1s so not much detail. Obviously this could be, and probable is store specific.

Woody44

« Reply #26 on: 23-02-15, 03:44PM »
Any information on night managers ?

skeaser

« Reply #27 on: 23-02-15, 03:46PM »
im guessing they did not explain about redundency packages? ie what there offering us?

fruitdogs

« Reply #28 on: 23-02-15, 03:47PM »
Electrical Manager displaced also.

Tzer

« Reply #29 on: 23-02-15, 03:47PM »
ok well I've been given a 45 day consultation period as my line managers job gets phased out in my store have I a case for redundancy now that my job is going even if they say that will try and get me a suitable job

rumourmill

« Reply #30 on: 23-02-15, 03:50PM »
im guessing they did not explain about redundency packages? ie what there offering us?

Nope. Tt was very much a Tesco worded generic letter and that was about it.

"due to the needs of the business" blablabla

Chuckiejock

« Reply #31 on: 23-02-15, 03:54PM »
ok well I've been given a 45 day consultation period as my line managers job gets phased out in my store have I a case for redundancy now that my job is going even if they say that will try and get me a suitable job

Here you go.

http://www.crunch.co.uk/small-business-advice/2012/07/05/your-employer-is-making-you-redundant-but-has-offered-you-another-job-must-you-accept-it/

anon

« Reply #32 on: 23-02-15, 03:54PM »
Waited nearly a year for this day, now its here still no clear brief on whats happening shocking company cant wait to leave them.  Im not at work atm so god knows when they'll bother speaking to me. Do they have to inform me today?

skeaser

« Reply #33 on: 23-02-15, 03:56PM »

Nope. Tt was very much a Tesco worded generic letter and that was about it.

"due to the needs of the business" blablabla

damn was hoping they would tell us if were getting  just a stat redundency or an enhanced one!

Pumpkin23

« Reply #34 on: 23-02-15, 03:57PM »
As anyone got the answer to this..... My management position has gone, but another manager in another store as kept hers, she is cat 6 with a less head count and takes half of what my dept takes, I'm a cat 7 and double the head count, the manager who is taking my job wasn't even in the briefing this morning, shouldn't she have been in the meeting?

skeaser

« Reply #35 on: 23-02-15, 04:01PM »
As anyone got the answer to this..... My management position has gone, but another manager in another store as kept hers, she is cat 6 with a less head count and takes half of what my dept takes, I'm a cat 7 and double the head count, the manager who is taking my job wasn't even in the briefing this morning, shouldn't she have been in the meeting?

question is have you been there a long time? are you on better money than that manager ie.... is that other manager who is keeping there job a new manager so on flat rate no double time etc ......what im getting at is ..is this a case of getting rid of old managers for lesser paid new ones.

thanksfornowt

« Reply #36 on: 23-02-15, 04:03PM »

What do you mean the manager who is taking your job?? What was your role?

Raz162

« Reply #37 on: 23-02-15, 04:05PM »
All team leaders going. Dot com and front end team support as was expected.
Compliance staying.front end, customer service staying. Produce and counters staying. ISB staying. Thats it folks. Everyone else on 45 days.

nope Phoneshop is staying

Tegai

• Know All
« Reply #38 on: 23-02-15, 04:10PM »
Managers or team leaders
« Last Edit: 23-02-15, 04:12PM by Tegai »

ClubcardTL

« Reply #39 on: 23-02-15, 04:14PM »
What about Petrol station team leaders?

Twinkeltoes1

• Know All
« Reply #40 on: 23-02-15, 04:16PM »
Can somebody tell me.........The position of Team Leaders that are staying like dot com, c/outs etc, are they going to go to existing TLs or are exTLs allowed to apply.

DoNotDenyMe

« Reply #41 on: 23-02-15, 04:16PM »
Anyone heard anything about PFS Managers?  CSD managers?  I realise all stores are different, but just want a bit of a clue...

rumourmill

« Reply #42 on: 23-02-15, 04:20PM »
Compliance staying.front end, customer service staying. Produce and counters staying. ISB staying. Thats it folks. Everyone else on 45 days.

Phoneshop is going in our store.

barney.mcgrew

« Reply #43 on: 23-02-15, 04:22PM »
What about Petrol station team leaders?

PFS Team Leaders are history as well :-(  Not confirmed but we get a full time manager instead doesn't seem cost effective but what would I know.

yetanother 1

« Reply #44 on: 23-02-15, 04:27PM »
Were not getting a PFS manager in our store

Pumpkin23

« Reply #45 on: 23-02-15, 04:34PM »

question is have you been there a long time? are you on better money than that manager ie.... is that other manager who is keeping there job a new manager so on flat rate no double time etc ......what im getting at is ..is this a case of getting rid of old managers for lesser paid new ones.

I've been with the company 5 years and came external, so I'm probably on better money!!

Raz162

« Reply #46 on: 23-02-15, 04:35PM »

you men the whole department or just the TL?

Bob_garage

« Reply #47 on: 23-02-15, 04:35PM »
It may be worth posting your format and cat when saying what positions are being kept.

Phone-Shop

« Reply #48 on: 23-02-15, 04:37PM »

I'll be surprised if this is true... Who would be running it?  Aren't they just running tech support also?

strescovet

« Reply #49 on: 23-02-15, 04:39PM »
Can somebody tell me.........The position of Team Leaders that are staying like dot com, c/outs etc, are they going to go to existing TLs or are exTLs allowed to apply.

From what I have seen and heard in my own store the only way you will get a team support role on checkouts is through job matching - if you are a current checkout team leader you will be job matched to become team support. If there are fewer team support than existing team leaders then they have to grade you based on length of service, reviews, experience on other depts etc.

This is how it was explained to me by my PM anyway.

I have been job matched, I actually would have been happy with redundancy and made this clear in my meeting, I was told that I could step down but the way the PM worded their response implied this would be my choice and I obviously wouldn't receive any kind of parachute payment and as I had been job matched redundancy was not on the cards either.

In the event that I did step down (not happening but I think I'll be looking for a new job now anyway) the vacancy I would create would be opened up to the cluster so still no guarantee that one of my affected colleagues who would like the job and has done it previously would get it.

To say I am p**sed off is an understatement, this was my chance to get out of t***co with a golden handshake. Now it feels like I'm getting an unwanted golden shower from a hobo - my store is losing 2 team leaders from 5 so I'll be doing same job, same pay but more stress  >:D  >:D
« Last Edit: 23-02-15, 04:42PM by strescovet »