Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18-09-19, 05:59AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60729
  • Total Topics: 1068
  • Online Today: 152
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 104
Total: 106

Author Topic: Restructure - Disclosure/Part 2  (Read 261419 times)

Jam

• Regular Pain
Re: Restructure - Disclosure/Part 2
« Reply #50 on: 13-02-15, 05:01PM »
I think it's really disappointing that there couldn't even release a more detailed q&a about what was discussed yesterday to appease some of our concerns. It infuriates me that the hopeless sad case reps at my store know more of my future than I do, bearing in mind I'm sure they would sooner try and hamstring me than give me any benefit. Surely our leaders understand the emotion that would be brought up from nothing being released out of yesterday?

aiden

« Reply #51 on: 13-02-15, 05:09PM »
Hi all, first time poster but long time lurker!

Myself and a couple of other TLs were pulled into the office this morning by my SM who attended yesterdays meeting, and I was told that Convenience (I'm in a Metro) will be delayed until the end of Q1 as they want to focus on the larger stores first and that our stores structure would stay the same until then. We tried to get a few other bits of information out of him however he wasn't really budging and just kept saying he wasn't allowed to say, but when asked if it was the same as the original pilot he did say there were a few minor changes.

I know its not much information, but atleast I know my role is still the same until Week 12 and so gives abit of extra time to prepare for the actual change when it does make its way to us.

I'm in a Metro that's been moved to superstore. Was also told today by the SM that there would be no changes to the current structure at the moment. We weren't told the Q1 bit though

zarniwoop

« Reply #52 on: 13-02-15, 05:17PM »
I'm disgusted that the union have allowed this long wait we pay them a lot of money to represent us and yet I've heard NOTHING from them well if I lose pay I know how I can save £9 a month goodbye usdaw thanks for collecting your money every month
How can the Union tell you anything if the company won't tell the Union ?

Bluefox

« Reply #53 on: 13-02-15, 05:24PM »
I'm in a Metro that's been moved to superstore. Was also told today by the SM that there would be no changes to the current structure at the moment. We weren't told the Q1 bit though

Our SM later said that he shouldn't of told us what he did, he even seemed quite rattled by it!

lb1

• Plausible Deniability
« Reply #54 on: 13-02-15, 05:39PM »
For those that may be made redundant, be careful around easter.  If you take the bank holidays off will you have accrued those bank holidays by the time of your redundancy?  If not, the money is sure to come off of your final payments.
---------------------------
It wasn't us, it was nights!!

Prince of Darkness

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #55 on: 13-02-15, 05:55PM »
Three weeks ago I was told in person by our PM (I am a TL in Express) that in week 51 we would hear about the restructure.

We have heard nothing all week. A well-placed source has told me that there will be no changes, but my DM and SM not only know nothing, but they've been given no date for a meeting/conf call to update them/us.

My guess is that thankfully Express will be only very lightly affected, but it would be good to know. One sure fire way to p**s off all your team is to mess them around, and right now that's what is happening. p**s up, meet brewery.

sam

« Reply #56 on: 13-02-15, 06:03PM »
I'm disgusted that the union have allowed this long wait we pay them a lot of money to represent us and yet I've heard NOTHING from them well if I lose pay I know how I can save £9 a month goodbye usdaw thanks for collecting your money every month

Oojamaflip

« Reply #57 on: 13-02-15, 06:29PM »
Well all the managers/team leaders just had a meeting with the store manager to tell us that they can't tell us anything till a week on Monday... The 23rd :/ So we either find out then or wait for someone to break haha

To be fair it sounds like your manager is at least trying to do the right thing and not keep you in the dark any more than he's been told to.

Ulsterboy

• Know All
« Reply #58 on: 13-02-15, 06:56PM »
what is the post in the Grocer referring to when it states that thousands of Tesco staff have until the 25feb to apply for voluntary redundancy ?Does that apply to stores etc ?

antico

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #59 on: 13-02-15, 07:02PM »
oojamaflip go to USDAW official site and look at All News section.

Proud_Father

• Better father than he'll ever be
« Reply #60 on: 13-02-15, 07:03PM »
No that was the office, everyone had a chance to leave meaning those jobs that were going wouldn't mean the person wasn't going

picktocube

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #61 on: 13-02-15, 07:05PM »
what is the post in the Grocer referring to when it states that thousands of Tesco staff have until the 25feb to apply for voluntary redundancy ?Does that apply to stores etc ?

I believe it is for the head office redundancies.

yorkshireboy

« Reply #62 on: 13-02-15, 07:08PM »
With that news flash on their webpage there is no reason whatever why Tesco staff should not be told immediately what is to be announced on the 23rd

Bella

« Reply #63 on: 13-02-15, 07:14PM »
USDAW are involved this is a true source of info and for the pilot disclosure from last year to have minor changes this year - makes me think "it is going to be whatever is left on the shelf - hence Very Little Helps....   8)

Sintax999

« Reply #64 on: 13-02-15, 07:46PM »
I can't see much information being leaked to be honest, the ramifications would be colossal. We were briefed the message in post 2 today and our SM was very tight lipped about everything and said there is a timetable of events happening on the 23rd and said timetable would be happening simultaneously around the country.

I know in the past they've not done a good job at trying keep everything hush hush, but at least they're trying.

Meanwhile I'm refreshing this site like crazy haha.

jonty

• Know All
« Reply #65 on: 13-02-15, 07:50PM »
the truth always comes out lol

No_Bull_Ere

« Reply #66 on: 13-02-15, 07:55PM »
Re Easter:
Thought we established that you will not have to work your notice period but will still be paid for it. Bearing in mind this is what happened with the dot com redundancies in 09

Then tesco must have costed that and realised how much manpower they lost, because I, and my fellow condemned had to work right up until the very last day; we worked our notices.

Proud_Father

• Better father than he'll ever be
« Reply #67 on: 13-02-15, 07:58PM »
s***, that's not good, don't intend to stay very long if it's confirmed I'm being pushed out

picktocube

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #68 on: 13-02-15, 08:00PM »
The people in distribution that took redundancy a couple of years back also had to work all their notice

No_Bull_Ere

« Reply #69 on: 13-02-15, 08:03PM »
s***, that's not good, don't intend to stay very long if it's confirmed I'm being pushed out

You must work right up until the end if you take redundancy and want all the money that will be quoted to you in your one-to-one!

The money doesn't come in the form of a cheque and at the start of your notice, it goes into your bank after you have finished, and shows on your wage slip.

It is not taxable up to £30,000.
« Last Edit: 13-02-15, 08:10PM by No_Bull_Ere »

nataliemariepink

« Reply #70 on: 13-02-15, 08:10PM »
is it a good package for 20 years service

No_Bull_Ere

« Reply #71 on: 13-02-15, 08:23PM »
It is an enhanced payment, yes.

In my store figures reached the £30,000. And I was comfortable with mine, as was just about everyone else.

For 20 years uninterrupted service you can expect between £12,000 to £16,000. (could possibly be higher than that but I don't want to say so in case it isn't and you end up disappointed)

All shares that you own, regardless of their status will be available for you to sell.

And Tesco will also throw in a nice little worded letter on company paper addressed to the dole explaining that you have just been made redundant and could you please be rushed some dole money.
« Last Edit: 13-02-15, 08:29PM by No_Bull_Ere »

cosmic06

« Reply #72 on: 13-02-15, 08:32PM »
It all depends on your age, job role,  hours and length of service. I haven't been there 20 years,nearly but not quite, currently G.A, 16 hours, but done a lot of job roles in the time.. My payout   £6,000.. 

panther

• Know All
« Reply #73 on: 13-02-15, 08:52PM »
So according to our SM today, they are doing ALL the roles at the same time - ie - ALL counters TL's will be done at the same time. I would imagine they will do ST first, then Line Managers then the TL's, so is it not possible that some of us might not even find out on the 23rd?
Our SM told us today we will be receiving letters next week to give us the date/time of our 1-2-1

Mrs w

« Reply #74 on: 13-02-15, 08:55PM »
Hi will our consultations start on 23 rd how long do we have to decided ? And will we need Union reps with us on that day ??????