Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
23-01-19, 03:47AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6331
  • Latest: Mk
Stats
  • Total Posts: 75916
  • Total Topics: 1552
  • Online Today: 145
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 82
Total: 83

Author Topic: Restructure - Disclosure/Part 2  (Read 235752 times)

No_Bull_Ere

Re: Restructure - Disclosure/Part 2
« Reply #25 on: 13-02-15, 01:39PM »
I spoke with the union this week and they are negotiating the best deal that they can your a o should have information and if in store you havent heard anything contact them

Union reps will not be permitted to reveal details of the restructure, if that's what you mean. Or maybe I mis read your post?

Tesco appear to have set the 23rd as their announcement date and so then is when everyone will know, not before.

Unless there's someone out there willing to be a whistleblower.

But it can get demanding at times (believe me!) and not without risk if you slip up!

The question is... is someone out there, that is reading this, that is in full possession of all the required information, and that is prepared, just for a brief moment, to try and imagine what it must be like to be in all of your shoes right now?

If such a person exists and is reading this, would you consider ending this agonising waiting game for so many of your fellow colleagues and step forward?
« Last Edit: 13-02-15, 01:41PM by No_Bull_Ere »

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #26 on: 13-02-15, 02:20PM »
A whistle blower could make some information available to a trusted third party in a PM  ;) know what I mean  8)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Iceman

« Reply #27 on: 13-02-15, 02:28PM »
I for one am just greatful for the years notice we have had from no bull ere, despite the official denials about it.  :thumbup:

I have managed to get myself in a good position with all debt bar my mortgage paid off, so I am in a good position to make my choice by preference rather than neccicity.

JCZY

• Know All
« Reply #28 on: 13-02-15, 02:31PM »
oh the irony, we get annoyed when we find out things on VLH before through the proper channels, yet up in arms when the management follow a process that you have been informed of.
Winners never quit.  Quitters never win.  If you never win, and you never quit, then you're an idiot.

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #29 on: 13-02-15, 02:37PM »
I guess if someone put info on here it could lead to a frenzy of chinese whispers. (so what's new, you may say)

Let's hope they are better prepared than the initial pilot when, if I remember rightly, people were being told things verbally but not given anything in writing. So of course that left them unsure if they had been told correctly, or if they remembered correctly, or if what they had been told was really definite.

Another day in paradise....... :)

sworntosecrecy

« Reply #30 on: 13-02-15, 02:40PM »
Well all the managers/team leaders just had a meeting with the store manager to tell us that they can't tell us anything till a week on Monday... The 23rd :/ So we either find out then or wait for someone to break haha

No_Bull_Ere

« Reply #31 on: 13-02-15, 02:46PM »
I for one am just greatful for the years notice we have had from no bull ere, despite the official denials about it.  :thumbup:

I have managed to get myself in a good position with all debt bar my mortgage paid off, so I am in a good position to make my choice by preference rather than neccicity.

And that's great. Really causes a nice feeling to hear this.

I wonder if they are more that benefited?

Olivia2711

« Reply #32 on: 13-02-15, 02:49PM »
Another week of speculation and worry

renown

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #33 on: 13-02-15, 03:05PM »
Typical Stresco behaviour.

I hope the press get a sniff of this.That would be fun.

Bob_garage

« Reply #34 on: 13-02-15, 03:06PM »
This is awful! How can they leave you in limbo for so long!
I think given the choice people would have come in and attended a meeting today if they were on day off rather than wait again!

bubbles1

« Reply #35 on: 13-02-15, 03:27PM »
Our store manager & pm had a meeting today with deputy manager and line managers to tell them meetings will start on the 23rd, when asked if he was briefing team leaders and reps he said no they weren't told to brief anyone else. Can't think their important enough. IMO  :)

stockcontrol oracle

« Reply #36 on: 13-02-15, 03:34PM »
t/l's in my store were given forms today to fill out their personal details (mobile, address etc etc) no idea what for. i assume no balls to tell us to our faces and will get a voicemail/letter to tell us instead....

thunderbird1

« Reply #37 on: 13-02-15, 03:50PM »
Same here. Meeting in 23rd. But work nights so have been called in at 10pm

tasha66

• Know All
« Reply #38 on: 13-02-15, 03:50PM »
Whens easter fall????.
Im trying to think why there stalling in the announcement.i think they still want you in place fir easter.thats why a week later.if they tell you now u enter consultation of 45 days.and yoy could well ve gone before easter.they dont want that trust me.
Only an idea but does fit perfectly.tossers
Keep thinking youre all safe.but reallity youre a cost whoever you are!!!!!!!!!!

Jam

• Regular Pain
« Reply #39 on: 13-02-15, 03:54PM »
Easter is week 5

nataliemariepink

« Reply #40 on: 13-02-15, 03:56PM »
Least when they dump us , we won't have to pay back our holiday

tasha66

• Know All
« Reply #41 on: 13-02-15, 04:00PM »
Dont worry about that.
Holidays taken but not owed will be taken in last pay packet.
Keep thinking youre all safe.but reallity youre a cost whoever you are!!!!!!!!!!

tasha66

• Know All
« Reply #42 on: 13-02-15, 04:03PM »
It is because its easter.thats why there not telling you all.
Tell ya now you leave before easter.
Tell ya on the 23rd you leave on the 5th april.
If thats ur choice obviously.
The crafty tw*ts have made sure easter is covered by there lovely loyal staff.unfukinbelievable

Snoopy1

« Reply #43 on: 13-02-15, 04:12PM »
But surely they'll want TL's out of the way by Easter because everything is going to run so well without them??  :P

If that is the case I hope all TL's who intend to leave will be in on the bank holidays. Make sure you get your time & a half pay plus pay for an extra day before walking out the door. Whether you lift a finger on those days will of course be entirely up to you  ;)

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #44 on: 13-02-15, 04:18PM »
The crafty tw*ts have made sure easter is covered by there lovely loyal staff.unfukinbelievable

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
The worlds me lobster

picktocube

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #45 on: 13-02-15, 04:27PM »

Even if they told you now ,it would take you past Easter,as you would have your notice period to work,if they want you to.

Whisperer

« Reply #46 on: 13-02-15, 04:29PM »
It is odd that the details are being withheld. The argument that they want everyone to find out at the same time with regard to half terms etc is total hogwash. It is obvious from the amount of people that do part time that many will have to travel in on days off or off shift to hear their illustrious commanders deliver the news in person ... then there is the previous post of TL details being requested for an obvious letter/contact details. So not all at the same time at all then.

Easter - it obviously would fit within the usual behaviour of the company. But it seems more than that ...

It could be all or none of the following ...

Needs to be completed via, legal issues/Unions, and regional variations to make sure a fits all would work. This "reveal" has been forced early.

Final costings for redundancy/redistribution of staff have yet to be worked out.

Redundancy packages may come from a separate financial package which will be allocated in a different financial portion of the budgets. Any earlier and it may effect figures and make the company look bad. If later it may come from a new financial period.

Or it will allow the staff positions to be allocated by managers bickering with each other as to who keeps their team leader and where they will go. Good luck with that as most departments have three family members in it. But it will allow for an internal "who will vouch for who" period. Then who will have to step down or leave.

Whatever it is you can be sure it will be to the full benefit of the company and you will be secondary to the outcome. It is after all a business and using that mantra you will be expected to comply and understand. Never mind that it is a total disgusting abuse of staff who will have their personal lives turned upside down by this. Rents that were just being paid will now be beyond means as well as mortgages and personal debts. I know several who this will cripple. So .... if anyone does know for certain you have, not a jokey obligation to divulge any practical information .... you have a moral duty to help people prepare for what to some will be a life altering event. 

Proud_Father

• Better father than he'll ever be
« Reply #47 on: 13-02-15, 04:33PM »
Re Easter:
Thought we established that you will not have to work your notice period but will still be paid for it. Bearing in mind this is what happened with the dot com redundancies in 09

Bluefox

« Reply #48 on: 13-02-15, 04:35PM »
Hi all, first time poster but long time lurker!

Myself and a couple of other TLs were pulled into the office this morning by my SM who attended yesterdays meeting, and I was told that Convenience (I'm in a Metro) will be delayed until the end of Q1 as they want to focus on the larger stores first and that our stores structure would stay the same until then. We tried to get a few other bits of information out of him however he wasn't really budging and just kept saying he wasn't allowed to say, but when asked if it was the same as the original pilot he did say there were a few minor changes.

I know its not much information, but atleast I know my role is still the same until Week 12 and so gives abit of extra time to prepare for the actual change when it does make its way to us.

Proud_Father

• Better father than he'll ever be
« Reply #49 on: 13-02-15, 04:42PM »
That's good news for some I guess