Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
21-09-17, 01:09PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 7527
  • Latest: RABEBG
Stats
  • Total Posts: 70582
  • Total Topics: 1535
  • Online Today: 145
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Restructure - Disclosure/Part 2  (Read 194495 times)

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
Restructure - Disclosure/Part 2
« on: 13-02-15, 08:36AM »
As today could be important and could be lots of posts/information (and old thread is at 97 pages), please continue here from Restructure - Disclosure

Old thread will remain for "look backs".
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

neromoo

Re: Restructure - Disclosure/Part 2
« Reply #1 on: 13-02-15, 08:43AM »
Store Structure Changes
Narrative for store managers to use with their teams before 23 February
In January, Dave shared with us that following successful trials, we will make changes to our store management structure’s which will support our ambition to be a much simpler and leaner organisation, with a single-minded focus on customers.
Tony Hoggett committed to ensuring that all colleagues will know what this means for them by the end of February.
It’s important that our colleagues hear about these changes at the same time. With half term next week and many colleagues on holiday, we will be starting communication in stores across the UK from Monday 23 February, prioritising colleagues affected by the change first.
I appreciate that you are anxious to understand what the changes mean for you, however, I am sure that you will also appreciate that it’s right for all colleagues affected by the change to hear at the same time, first hand from their store manager.
F*** it, I'm going home.

kaled78

• Know All
« Reply #2 on: 13-02-15, 08:48AM »
more waiting then,roll on the 23rd,lets get it over and done with

silverbackache

• Know All
« Reply #3 on: 13-02-15, 08:55AM »
Why is it right for all staff to hear at the same time at the expense of another 10 days of uncertainty.
No wonder this company has started the slow Woolworths Slide.

JCZY

• Know All
« Reply #4 on: 13-02-15, 08:57AM »
Personally I think its the right call. Don't get me wrong, I'm affected by this as well, I would love to know, but equally I would be pis$ed to hear it on here if I was on holiday, and it turned out not as bad as the Chinese whispers.
Winners never quit.  Quitters never win.  If you never win, and you never quit, then you're an idiot.

cazanna

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #5 on: 13-02-15, 09:10AM »
No good way to do it , i guess ..Im a t/l so are very anxious about it all ..Just wonder though how we all gonna hear at the same time .unless every single person in one store is in a room together at the same time , it just aint gonna happen..one team leader goes into a meeting , comes out and then thats the start of all the gossipping ..they tell some one whats happening to them , that someone tells some one else and so it goes .The best way to do it ..Who knows ...All i know is that i dont wanna wait , just tell me know ..

nightsboy

• Regular Pain
« Reply #6 on: 13-02-15, 09:12AM »
absolute shambles!!!!!just tell us now...................

Watcher

« Reply #7 on: 13-02-15, 09:25AM »
I'm disgusted that the union have allowed this long wait we pay them a lot of money to represent us and yet I've heard NOTHING from them well if I lose pay I know how I can save £9 a month goodbye usdaw thanks for collecting your money every month

SAMCRO

• Know All
« Reply #8 on: 13-02-15, 09:33AM »
Absolute nonsense. How on earth do they think that everyone will be informed at the same time. What about people on holiday that week? What about night TLs? Are they going to wait until 10pm on the 23rd until they call everyone into a room? Of course they won't, I'll find out what's happening on here long before I walk into my store on Monday 23rd I'm sure.

WarLord

« Reply #9 on: 13-02-15, 09:50AM »
It's utterly disgusting to treat us this way. Why did Dave say 'as soon as we know you'll know'. If he wasn't going to keep his word (Like they didn't know the new structure then) Why send communication out stating they want to inform us all as soon as possible and SM will go out in week 51 to be informed. This holidays excuse is nonsense. Those off this week and effected clearly want to know their future and had arranged to come in store today and find out. There's many people off in week 53 so what's the difference. After all the worry and uncertainty we thought at least we're there now and will find out one way or another. Instead there's another cruel twist. O well just another 10 days of stress and tension. Another 10 days with a communication void that will be filled with rumour and speculation. And 10 days of SM sitting there knowing exactly what's going to happen to us all.

Koshb4

« Reply #10 on: 13-02-15, 10:00AM »
My am has had to cancel his hol. He n pm are doing 8am til 11pm on mon to see everyone affected individually. I guess that's the best they can do and better than 23rd. Will update when I know more, maybe if you don't want to find out on here, stop looking. The truth is coming folks just very very slowly

Watcher

« Reply #11 on: 13-02-15, 10:03AM »
Just seen the don't be Dave promotion at asda - anything to do with us?

burns2015

« Reply #12 on: 13-02-15, 10:07AM »
Just seen the don't be Dave promotion at asda - anything to do with us?

na    its because people with the name dave are the least likely to remember to by there partner flowers for valentines day.

Watcher

« Reply #13 on: 13-02-15, 10:33AM »
Thanks I did know burns2015 just trying to cheer myself up ,it's not working
Organised my Childcare now don't know if I can afford it

backlash

• Regular Pain
« Reply #14 on: 13-02-15, 10:33AM »
Managers at my store have been 'asked' to be present for a meeting on the 23rd. I'm on holiday and can't change it now ..

backlash

• Regular Pain
« Reply #15 on: 13-02-15, 10:34AM »
No good way to do it , i guess ..Im a t/l so are very anxious about it all ..Just wonder though how we all gonna hear at the same time .unless every single person in one store is in a room together at the same time , it just aint gonna happen..one team leader goes into a meeting , comes out and then thats the start of all the gossipping ..they tell some one whats happening to them , that someone tells some one else and so it goes .The best way to do it ..Who knows ...All i know is that i dont wanna wait , just tell me know ..

All the TLs at our store are doing it at the same time.

Koshb4

« Reply #16 on: 13-02-15, 10:37AM »
Ignore prev messager our briefing is 23rd also, he just told wrong this morning

Willow

• Regular Pain
  • Never Ending Stories
« Reply #17 on: 13-02-15, 10:50AM »
Like a game of chess you are the pawns. 

Like I said in the redundancy package forum page about Management re-structure.  They are dealing with them first because I have seen it with my own eyes and know of 3 already and like I said they are looking after themselves before they deal with the others who to them are not that important.  The managers are ring fenced and my own opinions-  some should never be a manager as some of them can't organise a P**s up in a brewery.  All views are  my own.....   

If this is not proof I don't know what is to drag this out causing undue stress amongst staff!!

Tegai

• Know All
« Reply #18 on: 13-02-15, 10:59AM »
It's very stressful, glad I'm on holiday

red devil

• Regular Pain
« Reply #19 on: 13-02-15, 11:25AM »
Thing is you cant have it both ways
If they do one to one meetings it takes time to sort it out ,they can only do one at a time!!
Would staff rather have a team 5 in the grcocey whouse n get the sm to staff call all the details on the tannoy?
Problem is some rentagob is gonna get wind of it and sing like a canary dont see how you can avoid it happening.its far from an ideal set up but this is tesco were talking about so hardly a shock

Proud_Father

• Better father than he'll ever be
« Reply #20 on: 13-02-15, 11:28AM »
We'll all find out soon enough

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #21 on: 13-02-15, 12:42PM »
They could have a meeting for all affected, also phone those who can't be in store, then move on to 121's.    They don't need to wait 10 days to do that, but seems like they will because they can.

honey

« Reply #22 on: 13-02-15, 12:50PM »
I spoke with the union this week and they are negotiating the best deal that they can your a o should have information and if in store you havent heard anything contact them 

tick tock

« Reply #23 on: 13-02-15, 12:54PM »
Come on somebody out there let the cat out of the bag.......

thecleaningwoman

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #24 on: 13-02-15, 01:13PM »
it seems as if everyone is  :-X, come on talk to us  ;)