Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
24-06-19, 10:04AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 57789
  • Total Topics: 1018
  • Online Today: 152
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Are you a team leader? Your job May be under threat.  (Read 326126 times)

Loki

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • Justice is the sanction of established injustice
Re: Are you a team leader? Your job May be under threat.
« Reply #1325 on: 17-05-14, 08:23AM »
They cannot force night workers to work days and visa versa.
Life is a monstrous demented gag. Madness is the emergency exit.
I will not reply to unsolicited PM's.

Hyacynth

« Reply #1326 on: 18-05-14, 06:28PM »
Like many others, I would also like to wish No-bull-here, all the very best for their future, and to say many thanks for all the help, information, that you have passed on to us on VLH.  I,m sure without your input in the beginging N.B.H. there would be so many of us shocked and disgusted by what is happening, but luckily we have had the privilidge of you informing us before-hand, and no thanks could every repay what you have done for your fellow workers. good luck N B H, and thanks again for everything you have posted on VLH> hope you,re successful in finding a great job soon. ;D ;D ;D ;D

zoe16

« Reply #1327 on: 19-05-14, 01:10AM »
No-bull-ere just want to say thanks for info and wish you all the best.  Big part of me is envious that you are getting out before it happens to us all when we will all be chasing jobs together.  Hope a job turns up soon  :) :) :)

mountainbikerider

• Smart Arse
« Reply #1328 on: 19-05-14, 08:21AM »
 :thumbup: :thumbup: I left TESCO last year best thing I ever did....There is a life outside TRUST ME  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Escaped 13/05/2013 ....

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #1329 on: 19-05-14, 09:36AM »
NBH, best of luck for the future.

Administrator Comment As it appears a new phase may soon be entered regarding this pilot/trial/consultations etc, at the count of 90 pages this topic will be locked and kept for members to refer back to. Links backward/onward will be in closing and OP posts. Nomad.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

the postman

• Know All
« Reply #1330 on: 20-05-14, 09:36AM »
We a few weeks into the "cost saving exercise"..cough,i mean trial...its really not going well.We are losing some really key people in the store,real capablity.that helps the store keep functioning,in the face of no overtime/recruitment bans.How the company think that we can do without these people is beyond me.
I am a very experienced manager,and this is all too much i think,i am picking up more and more general assistant task,and the company are still rolling out massive management workload/tasks to us to deliver.
great teamleaders are invaluable to managers,but to save a few quid we bin them off..disgraceful.
I have joined an employment agency for the first time ever,to see if there is anything better out there.

theboss

• nights team leader
« Reply #1331 on: 20-05-14, 02:54PM »
yes they can with protected  element
They cannot force night workers to work days and visa versa.

tl_ffsc

• Know All
« Reply #1332 on: 20-05-14, 04:00PM »
swapping people between nights and days is considered as un-reasonable under moving people about the business. They can ask but you can say no and there is nothing that can be done about it. If refusing to move from one to the other led to notice and dismissal you would possibly have a case for constructive dismissal.

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #1333 on: 20-05-14, 06:00PM »
I had to have a meeting with my SM yesterday (to be clear it was not about the team leader changes) but I did ask him afterwards if he had any more details he said he could not give any more details but by the end of the year it will all be sorted one way or another and he said we need to just wait and see. Not the most reassuring answer really but then at least he did not offer me a values award like he has some of my fellow team leaders for being "jolly" over all this.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #1334 on: 20-05-14, 10:28PM »
swapping people between nights and days is considered as un-reasonable under moving people about the business. They can ask but you can say no and there is nothing that can be done about it. If refusing to move from one to the other led to notice and dismissal you would possibly have a case for constructive dismissal.

Yes there could be a possible case,, But A weak one,, since they will say there was A business case around all of it,, and since a job has been offered they had done all they could to help,

As  It stands I think there is a change in law? And there is also a higher cost to bring such cases?

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #1335 on: 20-05-14, 10:47PM »
If you do change because they need you to, and not because you want to, you are entitled to protected pay.

Iceman

« Reply #1336 on: 20-05-14, 10:54PM »
I wouldn't say that being moved from days to nights would be a WEEK case of constructive dismissal at all. There may be a business case for it but it is completely unreasonable to expect a day worker to be forced to work nights permently, expecially with the known health issues from working nights. That's without even looking into how it would affect the employees family life etc.

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #1337 on: 21-05-14, 12:51AM »
If you do change because they need you to, and not because you want to, you are entitled to protected pay.

The protected pay Could just be about what you already get paid doing days,,

Within the frame work of protected pay Iv heard that that they do not need to pay you any Night rates etc. since you will already be on a  higher rate,

And if you do get protected then that would be frozen ,meaning no more pay rise,

Also if its a case of if they need you to,  Then evan if they needed you to move to a lower roll,, should that not also mean you are protected?
what would happen to those that are already on protected pay is another matter to wonder about

tl_ffsc

• Know All
« Reply #1338 on: 21-05-14, 01:25AM »
moving between nights/days does not involve protected pay. Protected pay only applies to basic before premiums and that would be the same for both day and night workers.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #1339 on: 21-05-14, 09:27AM »
Administrator Comment As it appears a new phase may soon be entered regarding this pilot/trial/consultations etc, at the count of 90 pages this topic will be locked and kept for members to refer back to. Links backward/onward will be in closing and OP posts. Nomad.

As posted earlier, 90 pages so please continue here: TL? Your job May be under threat. (2)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.