Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
08-12-19, 06:58PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62787
  • Total Topics: 1104
  • Online Today: 160
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 113
Total: 118

Author Topic: how can i register to get the tesco "inform" app for staff  (Read 227162 times)

computerwhizz17

Hi, I know this thread is a few years old, but can anyone help with trying to register for my account login used for yammer etc and inform app?
Every time I enter my employee number I keep getting a '1727 error message' appearing?
TIA

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
You need to go on comms on a in-store mpc and register with to get a .......@Tesco.com sign in. That will let us use inform and Yammer

Leither17

Does anyone know how to get inform trusted on your iphone?

penguin

• Sad Muppet
You can download it from the below link

https://labs.ocset.net/inform
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
It's a company app, not an apple one so you need to allow it on your phone.

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
Surely any app that does not get put through the official vetting process should not be allowed anywhere near your phone?
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
I have had on my own phone, for years, and no issues. It's the only app I have like this.
Apple only allow approved developers to launch apps on the App Store, they are more protected because of this but it's up to you what you do. Yammer is on the App Store but it's a Microsoft app, inform is a closed app, just for stores so I assume that's why not on.

Sarbear

Been trying to get the Tesco email registration to work for over a year, it won't recognise my number. Left it and just tried again after literally a year but still the same so I still can't get inform

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
Email is only for signing in, it's not a live email account. It is just your user name for signing in, to inform, yammer and comms.
Only senior team and above have an active email account.

BlueBoo

how does the app update if it's not on the play store?

I've had it for over a year but I've never seen it update like the apps on google play

I love it, it's a godsend on front end when I can just type something in to get a barcode & check availability for a customer.

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
I get updates, the updates are sent out by the developer. I have no idea if on play store as I'm Apple. Anyone can launch apps on android but only apple approved developers can launch apps of the App Store. Inform is loaded from ourtesco so it's neither. Yammer gives you links to download from the different stores but inform is different and yammer is Microsoft. We just have our company view.

SimonF12003

Email is only for signing in, it's not a live email account. It is just your user name for signing in, to inform, yammer and comms.
Tesco Mobile staff as well, they need them to be able to sign in to alll the systems they use

person7

Wait yammer still works? I've not had access since I joined tesco October 2018 and told yammer doesn't exist anymore.

What I'm annoyed is I have access to pda but I still can't sign in to another except the newspaper thing.. So... I have to use inform and no way to charge my phone.  A pain when the pda has more info like when next deliver will be as inform doesn't tend to have that info.

How do I get access to yammer as it says I don't have access.. But also how do I fix pda login as it says I don't exist but if I try to register it says I already have access

My manager couldn't help but agrees I should have access and it's "barbaric" to have to take photos of the bar codes for gap scans etc

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
It's one sign in for all. If you have inform you already have the sign in for Yammer. You just need the app.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
@person7

Your manager couldn't help ??? Seriously  ???
I would suggest you go see your SM and innocently drop your manager in it, by asking the SM, if they have knowledge of how you can get round the problem of the PDA sign on, as it has everyone you've asked flummoxed. He won't know, he'll suggest you ask your manager, you then reply " he doesn't know, shall I phone another store to ask?"

Write down your PDA serial number, then phone help desk so they can access your PDA and either delete your original sign on, refresh it, or check it for a fault.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Duracell

• Sad Muppet

I thought any employee with a TPX ID also has an email option, those with a TPX ID just need to set their @T***o.com up through outlook or office 365 and you have email,office and onedrive
« Last Edit: 03-12-19, 09:14PM by Duracell »
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
When you sign in you can sign in to email but it's the store account, if you have that in your privileges. It's all a matter of what you get within the role you do and it all goes back to your employee number so it's the role.
Office is available, I know the team leader uses it at checkouts.