Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20-09-19, 02:40AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8417
  • Latest: Mazza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60801
  • Total Topics: 1069
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 88
Total: 89

Author Topic: words fail me  (Read 11368 times)

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
Re: words fail me
« Reply #25 on: 12-11-16, 10:13AM »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tesco-refuses-mother-parking-ticket-9236463

"I do not however need to be guilt-tripped by a Tesco employee who has absolutely no knowledge of my circumstances. I applaud your commitment to support breastfeeding however this does not mean you should abuse women who do not breast feed.

"I hope you are able to give your staff the training they clearly require in order to treat women in this situation with more compassion in the future."

A spokesman for Tesco said: "We always strive to provide the best possible service for our customers and we understand Ms Leek's request. However, due to UK law we cannot promote baby formula in any way, including the offering of a parking voucher."

Words fail me  :-X
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

blutopia

• Smart Arse
« Reply #26 on: 12-11-16, 11:15AM »
One newspaper blamed EU regulations that ban baby milk from being included in any deals or discounts, but for goodness sake, what ever happened to common sense?  What did the Tesco staff think would happen if they turned a blind eye?

Mr Grumpy

• Know All
  • I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees ..
« Reply #27 on: 12-11-16, 01:31PM »
I think this has more to do with the "its more than my jobsworth" culture of the big T than the person who refused the free parking. 

I'm sure the store would of quite happily thrown that person to the lions had they done the common sense/human thing and allowed the woman to park for free and then a complaint went in regarding promoting milk formula. 

Well done yet again big T for making staff feel they have no choice but to be a jobsworth to keep themselves in a job..  :-X :-X :-X

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #28 on: 12-11-16, 08:57PM »
one of the commenters posted this,

[size=0px]I think this covers it:[/size]Infant Formula and Follow-on Formula Regulations 2007 (as amended)

72. Regulations 23(1)(d), (e) and 23(2) prohibit ‘special sales’ to promote the sale of an infant formula or any other special activity at any place where any infant formula is sold by retail to induce the sale of an infant formula. For example multi packs (bulk packs),loyalty/reward card schemes, free formula, price reductions, discounts or mark downs and buy one get one free.
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #29 on: 07-02-18, 10:30AM »
Woman ‘told to breastfeed in a storeroom’ at Tesco cafe

A young mother claims staff at Tesco told her to breastfeed in a storeroom instead of the main cafe.

Lucy Foster, 24, says she was left feeling ashamed after being sent to a closed-off area where chairs and Christmas decorations were kept.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

TripleAAA

« Reply #30 on: 07-02-18, 04:15PM »
Baby milk is always excluded from anything that requires a minimum spend.  This is due to UK law. Total non - story.  My store runs a similar parking voucher scheme and if  the rules are the same you get half an hour free parking anyway with no need for a voucher then over 30 mins but under 2 hours you get a parking  voucher with a minimum spend.  It doesn't take more than 30 minutes to buy one tin of formula!

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #31 on: 07-02-18, 08:28PM »

Why did she ask if she could ? To me she made a problem out of nothing, The baby cry's you feed , Could it just be that by asking , She made it sound as if she wanted a place to breast feed ? Or is it the Voucher she did not get ?

Leaderofthepack316

« Reply #32 on: 07-02-18, 10:23PM »
Simple answer
1 appogise to the customer
2 sack the colleague like any other retailer would
But as this is tesco, they will probably get a wow comment or a values award..