Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
13-10-19, 11:13PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61562
  • Total Topics: 1080
  • Online Today: 183
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 134
Total: 139

Author Topic: Restructure - Disclosure  (Read 369860 times)

Iknow

Re: Restructure - Disclosure
« Reply #50 on: 27-05-14, 09:59PM »
iKnow

Can I ask where this info is from as informative as it is
I feel we need clarity of its credibility 

You can ask, but unfortunately disclosure would potentially identify me.  You don't have to believe me, just wait and see.

The infomation given is just that.  Infomation.

Take it.  Leave it.

services TL, surely one that should stay, being a service role etc. etc, far more so than say the produce TL.

Services Team Leader goes.

Greengrocer Team support is a service area, and don't forget that Quality is a big thing at the moment on Customer Viewpoint.

i agree because it seems now more team leader jobs are staying than before
like counters wasn't even on the list

Who says that it wasn't already on the list?  What you mean, is that it wasn't on VLH, and you didn't know about it.

It would also seem to add several manager roles we don't have at the moment and honestly don't need.

Not all managers will be added to every store.  The majority or Non food managers & Grocery Managers at dependant on the store

I apologise that I cannot give more infomation.  I understand that this is a frustrating time for you all.

DairyLee

• Know All
« Reply #51 on: 27-05-14, 10:45PM »
I haven't read through the brief for larger formats but what IKnow has said around express is correct.  The only question mark at the moment is what to call the second line manager in larger express stores and depending on the outcome of a couple of the payroll trials, how many duty leads to have.  It was suggested to call it a Compliance/Integrity Manager and change a number of accountabilities as the current structure puts all on the deputy.

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #52 on: 27-05-14, 10:52PM »
Your going to need at least 2 of the duty leads if its a like for like replacement of 2 current team leaders - the question is do the current express team leaders simply move into the new role or is it a case of applying and waiting and seeing.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

DairyLee

• Know All
« Reply #53 on: 27-05-14, 11:06PM »
Its a question of having 2 or maybe 3 so managers no longer have to run shift.  It would make sense for them to reapply as it would remove some of the less capable TLs

bushido

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • Train hard, fight easy.
« Reply #54 on: 28-05-14, 05:23AM »
Great news for fresh stock control/integrity, only 11% of the store to deal with.
Terrible news for GM stock control/integrityl now having to look after 89% of all the stock in the store.

Fair balance?....mmmmmm
bushido  
Those who scream loudest are the quietest when action is needed
 "Gentlemen, you cant fight in here, this is the war room!"

JCZY

• Know All
« Reply #55 on: 28-05-14, 06:39AM »
Keep them out of trouble.....

And chasing those to shrink figures no problem man!
Winners never quit.  Quitters never win.  If you never win, and you never quit, then you're an idiot.

Ulsterboy

• Know All
« Reply #56 on: 28-05-14, 07:51AM »
interesting to see how they will supervise space range merchandising on night shift , for at the moment having a manager on days leaves the onus on the TL . May not seem an important to role to most out there , but having a upset off ex team leader in space range with no managerial replacement is going to cut productivity big time

ohhiyathere

« Reply #57 on: 28-05-14, 08:38AM »
Those in TL roles who are being replaced as Team Support - will they automatically be shifted into those roles or wil they have first refusal with an offer of redundancy?

Call me

• Know All
« Reply #58 on: 28-05-14, 09:35AM »
Mmmmmmm interesting  (-*-)

Seanmclude

« Reply #59 on: 28-05-14, 10:13AM »
These are the vacancies for the new Stourport store opening..   

Personnel Manager                                                                      (36Hrs)
Trading Manager – Grocery & GM                                              (36Hrs)
Trading Manager – Fresh                                                            (36Hrs)

Team Manager - Training and Capability                                  (36Hrs)
Team Manager – Fruit & Veg                                                       (36Hrs)
Team Manager – PFS                                                                   (25Hrs)
Team Manager – Stock Integrity (Stock control & PI)               (36Hrs)
Team Manager – Grocery & GM                                                   (36Hrs)
Team Manager – Dairy & Meat                                                     (36Hrs)
Team Manager – Counters                                                           (36Hrs)
Team Manager – Customer Service                                           (36Hrs)
Team Manager – Checkouts                                                        (36Hrs)
Team Manager – Compliance                                                      (36Hrs)
Team Manager – Bakery                                                                (36Hrs)
Team Manager – Fresh Night Manager                                      (36Hrs)
Team Manager – Grocery Night Manager                                   (36Hrs)
Team Manager – Grocery Night Manager                                   (25Hrs

Wandy

« Reply #60 on: 28-05-14, 12:04PM »
There appears to no plenty of info for large stores and expresses, any ideas for the metro format?

pike stupidboy!

« Reply #61 on: 28-05-14, 12:25PM »
IKnow.

Thanks for the information I had no intention of making your identity known

Any idea on time scales for format roll out ??

SAMCRO

• Know All
« Reply #62 on: 28-05-14, 01:26PM »
interesting to see how they will supervise space range merchandising on night shift , for at the moment having a manager on days leaves the onus on the TL . May not seem an important to role to most out there , but having a p**sed off ex team leader in space range with no managerial replacement is going to cut productivity big time

I'm a merchandising T/L. I will always give 100% but they won't realise what's hit them when I go back to being a GA. They'll probably performance manage me, accuse me of slacking just because of sour grapes.

OldTimer

« Reply #63 on: 28-05-14, 05:24PM »
interesting to see how they will supervise space range merchandising on night shift , for at the moment having a manager on days leaves the onus on the TL . May not seem an important to role to most out there , but having a p**sed off ex team leader in space range with no managerial replacement is going to cut productivity big time

I'm a merchandising T/L. I will always give 100% but they won't realise what's hit them when I go back to being a GA. They'll probably performance manage me, accuse me of slacking just because of sour grapes.

Yes I quite agree I am a Non Food Stock Control/SRM Manager and have a merchandising team leader without whom the operation would fall over. The decision making when I am not around, technical knowledge on GR and floor planning and drive needed to ensure plans are delivered over night needs this T/L role.
Now with the possibility of having to pick up Grocery stock control on top of Non Food and Space/Range as suggested in an earlier post would leave me even less time for SRM and be a massive role in an large Extra.

Ulsterboy

• Know All
« Reply #64 on: 28-05-14, 05:47PM »
joint stock control manager / space range seems a absolute massive job ,it cant be right. Theres a minimum of two manager jobs there and an argument of a managerial role on space range nights .

SAMCRO

• Know All
« Reply #65 on: 28-05-14, 06:05PM »
In all my years of being a T/L on Merchandising I have never worked for a Stock Control/SRM Manager who was competent enough to do the combined role of SC/SRM Manager effectively. I'm sure there are plenty of managers out there who are but unfortunately for me I've always had to do the merchandising side of things on my own. I don't even be-grudge the managers for that, as has been said it's a massive role as it is, but that being said I'm looking forward to stepping down to a GA as I've been working beyond my pay grade for too long.

Maybe the merchandising itself will slow down. I regularly shop at the competitor stores and they don't seem to move things around anywhere near as often as we do.
« Last Edit: 28-05-14, 06:06PM by SAMCRO »

boris400

« Reply #66 on: 30-05-14, 10:26AM »
Does anyone know what is happening to the instore bakeries I am a bakery manager in a welsh store and was told that they would not take the instore bakeries out of our store ???????????

Loki

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • Justice is the sanction of established injustice
« Reply #67 on: 30-05-14, 10:49AM »
South East affected.

You're obviously not affected. Don't listen to the scaremongerer's.
Life is a monstrous demented gag. Madness is the emergency exit.
I will not reply to unsolicited PM's.

happyreturns

« Reply #68 on: 30-05-14, 11:02AM »
I agree there is some scaremongering going on about this Loki, but to be fair the intention of Tesco is clear that they will be introducing it in more and more stores over the coming years.

Loki

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #69 on: 30-05-14, 11:52AM »
Well, if it does, one will cross that bridge when one comes to it.

silverbackache

• Know All
« Reply #70 on: 30-05-14, 11:58AM »
Of course there is gossip/scaremongering.
Anything will fill a vacuum.
If neither the company or the TU give out information it will come from "somewhere".
Very shortsighted and ignorant of both company and TU which will increase the distrust and lower morale.

boris400

« Reply #71 on: 30-05-14, 12:14PM »
I totally agree with this the SM never tells you anything and try to BS you with anything

pike stupidboy!

« Reply #72 on: 30-05-14, 02:18PM »
Bakery in an extra up north have all had letters so not just the south east.

boris400

« Reply #73 on: 30-05-14, 02:45PM »
what is happening with the bakery up north and are they making bakery managers redundant

Loki

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #74 on: 30-05-14, 08:39PM »
... and these letters are regarding...?