Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19-10-19, 11:14AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8508
  • Latest: sheryle
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61718
  • Total Topics: 1084
  • Online Today: 88
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Restructure - Disclosure  (Read 370400 times)

jonestour

Re: Restructure - Disclosure
« Reply #75 on: 03-06-14, 05:54PM »
any new updates on the pilot

the postman

• Know All
« Reply #76 on: 04-06-14, 09:28AM »
i am in a trial store...so far not good,stripped of our team leaders.the new training and capability role is proving very difficult to fill so i hear,the assessment is new and v few managers are passing.....i only know of around 3-5 so far,we lost our pm as well..so staff have nobody to go to!!!!...
managers have become team leaders and our workload has doubled.thanks,we spend even less time with customers now!..

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #77 on: 04-06-14, 09:33AM »
"stripped of our team leaders" - "managers have become team leaders???  :question:
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

the postman

• Know All
« Reply #78 on: 04-06-14, 09:46AM »
we have become team leaders,in the sense of taking on their workload..not job code!!

TechSupporter

• Regular Pain
« Reply #79 on: 04-06-14, 10:23AM »
And so the company survives on more free labour, if your acting as team leaders  ???

If you do more work than what your paid for then the trail will look more successful than it actually would be. Do everyone else a favor who still has a TL job in Tesco and stick to the GA job description.

Dont hesitate to sit on tills for a while, purely to bring the IDQ to green ;) shelves can wait a little longer yet.

Edit: Reread my post, I didnt mean it to sound sharp postman however this is what it will look like
« Last Edit: 04-06-14, 10:25AM by TechSupporter »

Iveco62

• Regular Pain
« Reply #80 on: 04-06-14, 11:24AM »
From conversations in my store it is being rolled out across tye bored very soon, I'd say within the next few weeks, alot of worried faces walking the stores atm.

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #81 on: 04-06-14, 11:27AM »
Well our SM said the company wants it all done and sorted before the build up to Christmas so it cant be long now, best of luck one and all I think we are all going to need it.
« Last Edit: 04-06-14, 11:28AM by penguin »
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

Loki

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • Justice is the sanction of established injustice
« Reply #82 on: 04-06-14, 11:48AM »
If it does roll out, then, as far as I'm concerned, I will put as much of a fight as I can for the members I represent.

This restructure bovine excrement makes my blood boil.

F**king bring it!
Life is a monstrous demented gag. Madness is the emergency exit.
I will not reply to unsolicited PM's.

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #83 on: 04-06-14, 11:50AM »
It is so good to see a rep actually willing to stand up to this farce our rep simply consider's himself some sort of manager since getting the rep role and does bugger all for anyone but himself.

In fairness I have nothing but praise for the rep in the store I used to work in that chap would do anything for anyone, nothing was to much to ask.
« Last Edit: 04-06-14, 11:51AM by penguin »
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

the postman

• Know All
« Reply #84 on: 04-06-14, 12:20PM »
no problem tech!,its just that the expectation is that the shop will continue to function as before...its really hard work at the minute,and morale is really low.

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #85 on: 04-06-14, 06:15PM »
Of course the expectation is that the shop will continue to function as before.  If that can be done within your current hours and job grade then fine and if it can't, that's just too bad.
If people are working for free or doing work above their current grade, morale will plummet even further.  It will also, as already said, make the trial look more successful than it really is and will line up a lot of trouble for all other stores.

Babylon5

• Know All
« Reply #86 on: 04-06-14, 06:26PM »
i am in a trial store...so far not good,stripped of our team leaders.the new training and capability role is proving very difficult to fill so i hear,the assessment is new and v few managers are passing.....i only know of around 3-5 so far,we lost our pm as well..so staff have nobody to go to!!!!...
managers have become team leaders and our workload has doubled.thanks,we spend even less time with customers now!..

Hello,

So why do believe so few managers are passing?

Babylon5 :-*

the postman

• Know All
« Reply #87 on: 04-06-14, 06:54PM »
not sure the ins and outs,but the assessment is brand new,and not so much leadership based.

Babylon5

• Know All
« Reply #88 on: 04-06-14, 07:29PM »
Hello,

That certainly tells me something!

Babylon5 :-*

Luchagore

• Smart Arse
« Reply #89 on: 04-06-14, 10:16PM »
The training and capability job is part time 25 hours isn't it? Might be why they're struggling to fill it??

zoe16

« Reply #90 on: 04-06-14, 11:57PM »
Loki - always love reading your comments as they're always straight to the point and can tell you are willing to fight for what you believe is right. 

Wish more reps were like you, and not the YES people who talk USDAW language but forget they are actually there for the staff and not a power trip. 

Can we all have you as our rep? lol :)

ohhiyathere

« Reply #91 on: 16-06-14, 08:27PM »

As one of the most recent VLH posters from a pilot store, could you confirm what departments are retaining TLs as "Team Support"?
Is it only Checkouts and Dotcom as originally stated by No_Bull_Ere?
Or are service departments also having a Team Support role - eg: Counters/Produce/F&F?

the postman

• Know All
« Reply #92 on: 17-06-14, 04:15PM »
yaeh,just checkouts and dot com...in larger formats ,depts with over 400 hours retain theirs as well

no EAN

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #93 on: 17-06-14, 05:15PM »
In all my years of being a T/L on Merchandising I have never worked for a Stock Control/SRM Manager who was competent enough to do the combined role of SC/SRM Manager effectively. I'm sure there are plenty of managers out there who are but unfortunately for me I've always had to do the merchandising side of things on my own. I don't even be-grudge the managers for that, as has been said it's a massive role as it is, but that being said I'm looking forward to stepping down to a GA as I've been working beyond my pay grade for too long.

Maybe the merchandising itself will slow down. I regularly shop at the competitor stores and they don't seem to move things around anywhere near as often as we do.

I am a T/L merchandiser as well. As well as my role, i have to constantly stop the rest of the night time managers from 'borrowing' my staff. I have told my manager and senior manager, but because i am on nights, and they are on days, the message to stop is a day too late.
 After the role change, and i am made a C/A, i am not going to argue with them. But who has responsibility for the merchandising activities on nights? Will it still be the same as before, manager on days, or will it go to a night manager?

SAMCRO

• Know All
« Reply #94 on: 17-06-14, 05:21PM »
Haha, Night Managers "borrowing" Merchandisers seems to happen in every store. No wonder nothing gets done. I think ultimately the responsibility will stay with the daytime stock control manager.

ohhiyathere

« Reply #95 on: 17-06-14, 05:21PM »
Thank you so much for clarifying that. That's interesting information and helps me, and I'm sure many other TLs in the same position.

no EAN

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #96 on: 17-06-14, 05:26PM »
Haha, Night Managers "borrowing" Merchandisers seems to happen in every store. No wonder nothing gets done. I think ultimately the responsibility will stay with the daytime stock control manager.

As well as checkout staff, clothing staff, P.I, if they are not nailed down, they are filling a shelf. in my opinion merchandising and P.I. need either a team leader or a manager who has responsibility for them on the same shift pattern, it just seems like it will fail as soon as soon as they have a shortage of staff elsewhere.

SAMCRO

• Know All
« Reply #97 on: 17-06-14, 05:31PM »
I completely agree. I think a lot of people don't realise the impact on the whole store with not having PI and Merchandising leadership. It will all fall apart, no doubt.

When there's hundreds of legal labels that haven't been completed during the night because PI have been filling shelves, who will be held accountable? The same goes for when Merchandising move's are't done.
« Last Edit: 17-06-14, 05:36PM by SAMCRO »

Ulsterboy

• Know All
« Reply #98 on: 17-06-14, 05:35PM »
don't think u space range guys are right . Its looking like PI, space range will be under 1 night manager .yet to see a competent space range manager ,combine that with srm and pi s main nights would be sunday ,Monday and Tuesday and the job looks formidable . considering I , as a newly demoted  team leader will be treating people the way I have been treated , I propose there job will involve a great deal more work and stress.

Ulsterboy

• Know All
« Reply #99 on: 17-06-14, 05:38PM »
sorry , but that sounds bitchy , but I have worked hard for the company ,given heart and soul. all the companies core values have gone . disgusted