Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
26-05-19, 06:05PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 57192
  • Total Topics: 1009
  • Online Today: 160
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Restructure - Disclosure  (Read 354070 times)

SAMCRO

• Know All
Re: Restructure - Disclosure
« Reply #25 on: 28-04-14, 03:04AM »
I think it's safe to say we are being well and truly done over.

fmculater

• Regular Pain
« Reply #26 on: 28-04-14, 04:46AM »
I now feel I work for a company I trust as far as I can throw it. Not a nice feeling, have a much respect and loyalty to them as they have for me! They'll be getting the bare minimum out of me from now on, and when I can get away with it less than that.
« Last Edit: 28-04-14, 04:47AM by fmculater »

choccymonster

« Reply #27 on: 28-04-14, 07:41AM »
Administrator Comment Sorry this is not the topic for another union/strike discussion. Nomad

Ulsterboy

• Know All
« Reply #28 on: 28-04-14, 04:46PM »
treat people the way you wish to be treated , integrity, good communication,i have the ability to get on . great concept, shame its not put into practice.

Babyface

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #29 on: 28-04-14, 08:26PM »
Here...............here :) :)

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #30 on: 28-04-14, 10:53PM »
This company dont care about staff I think the directors view us at best as cost to be cut where possible.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

Mr Grumpy

• Know All
  • I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees ..
« Reply #31 on: 29-04-14, 09:57AM »
Clearly a cost cutting exercise, so why try and pull the comunial wool over everybody's eyes.....and how much did they waste on private jets again......?

BahBlah

« Reply #32 on: 29-04-14, 10:32AM »
Or did you mean...hear...... hear. ;)

JimmySaville

« Reply #33 on: 29-04-14, 11:31AM »
Until this goes mainstream, noone cares. Needs a segment + 2 sided interview on the news to really get the message across to HO. Would love someone like Loki sitting opposite a generic no clue Head Office bod.

SAMCRO

• Know All
« Reply #34 on: 29-04-14, 04:05PM »
Clearly a cost cutting exercise, so why try and pull the comunial wool over everybody's eyes.....and how much did they waste on private jets again......?

This. Don't forget about the chauffeur driven AM's. I knew a guy who moved out of HO to drive an AM around, cost the company over £7000 in car insurance because of his age and the cost of the swanky vehicle.

Ulsterboy

• Know All
« Reply #35 on: 29-04-14, 05:44PM »
restructuring is a fact of life in the modern workplace , I have no problem with that .lack of information and and a carefree attidude from management in relation to the futures of staff they not so long ago relied upon ,shows the complete selfish and me ,me , me mindset they have . Could a manager of some integrity <if there is any> please release some info.Just the truth would be nice .

trolleyboy96

• Know All
« Reply #36 on: 29-04-14, 06:20PM »
The problem is the line managers know nothing , deputies know nothing and store managers may know more than they are letting on. But unless your in a trial store they aren't letting on.

I get the feeling once the 45 days are up more information will be available but as it stands we are just guessing.

Ulsterboy

• Know All
« Reply #37 on: 29-04-14, 06:33PM »
lead team in each and every store must know for joint team planning ,budget and potential job creation what restructuring is going to take place . Management has seen that although team leaders will be cast aside ,there will be more managers so they ignore the plight of there TLs. We the team leaders are know just another part of the waste ,nothing to worry about ,just something to deal with and forget.

Iceman

« Reply #38 on: 30-04-14, 10:12AM »
I notice it says that produce will still have a team leader/team support in the letter, along with checkouts/dotcom. does anyone know if there is any other departments that will be keeping team leaders? Counters? Dairy? Night replenishment? All have a large number of staff

TechSupporter

• Regular Pain
« Reply #39 on: 30-04-14, 11:34AM »
Team leaders also kept in phoneshops (Band 3 and above) and Tech as they are funded, not seen this mentioned much

fruitdogs

« Reply #40 on: 05-05-14, 03:50PM »
What about Team Leaders on Click and Collect(Direct). Does anyone have any news on this position please?
This role is also not funded by store.

wellhereiam

• Know All
« Reply #41 on: 05-05-14, 10:24PM »
Team leaders also kept in phoneshops (Band 3 and above) and Tech as they are funded, not seen this mentioned much

With regards to phone shops, I have been told that current team leaders in pop up phone shops are unaffected, however if the team leader was to leave the role, the vacancy would then become a customer assistant role rather than a team leader role. There wasn't anything mentioned about if team leaders in normal phone shops would be unaffected or not.

TechSupporter

• Regular Pain
« Reply #42 on: 05-05-14, 11:37PM »
True that, the model at the moment means new popups are GA only (Except certain trail pop ups lile Rochdale where a modified tech permanent fixture is used and trade 7 days)

Team leaders are no longer recruited to run popups as GA's do just as good a job and is more cost effective. I have heard rumors that pop ups are going to be made into the responsibility of close phoneshops so there line manager would then be the local PSM instead of the area manager...

Also I would like to point to the stealth removal of all T/L positions in band 2 stores last year....no redundancies for currently recruited team leaders, it just became the case that tl's who left were no replaced like for like.

Another intresting point for those who are intrested is the amalgamation of technology and phoneshops into 'Connected World', anyone close to the new "Extra of the future" in Lincoln 2 extra can confirm that there are not 2 seperate managers for electrical and phoneshop, they fall under the same banner meaning the removal of 1 more line manager...

neromoo

« Reply #43 on: 11-05-14, 08:45PM »
Is there anyone on here working at the pilot stores who could describe what the new structure in their store looks like? Ie what are the changes to lead teams/ line managers, which team leader roles have been retained in their store?
And what the new responsibilities for team managers and lead team are? Thanks
« Last Edit: 11-05-14, 08:47PM by neromoo »
F*** it, I'm going home.

the postman

• Know All
« Reply #44 on: 20-05-14, 09:39AM »
i am in one of the trial stores...its not going well,team leaders gone..new manager roles not filled..no personnel manager,so wages clerk getting bombarded with personnel stuff...manager morale rock bottom.
 :(

jonestour

« Reply #45 on: 26-05-14, 06:56PM »
any news on the trials going on,saw this online today in the grocer total p**s take

Tesco CEO Philip Clarke receives £1.6m pay package but no bonus

Administrator Comment Pay package discussion thread here: is he worth it

Iknow

« Reply #46 on: 27-05-14, 01:29AM »
Senior Manager Changes

Store Manager & personnel Manager to stay

Deputy Manager splits into Lead Fresh Food Manager & Lead Grocery Manager.  There are different varients depending on size of store

Non Food Trader renamed F&F & Home Manager

CSM renamed Customer Experience Manager

Senior nights to be renamed Lead Night manager

Dot Com Senior renamed Lead Dotcom Manager

Line Manager changes to Team Manager

Clothing Manager renamed F&F Manager
Majority of Non Food Managers change to GM Managers.  How many stay depends on size of store
Produce manager re named Greengrocer Manager
The rest of Fresh Managers stay the same
All Grocery Managers (BWS, Frozen & Grocery) all renamed as Grocery Managers. How many stay depends on size of store
Warehouse Manager stays
Cafe & Events Manager removed
Stock control Managers re named to Fresh food stock integrity Manager & Grocery & GM Stock Integrity Manager (Non food & grocery combine)
Optical, Pharmacy remain separated
Compliance unchanged
For store with no compliance, gain PI Manager

Depending on dotcom operation - Dotcom Picking Manager & Dotcom Delivery Manager

If I haven't mentioned them then they will just have a name change

Team Leaders

Team Leaders centrally funded remain.
Checkouts
Clothing (renamed F&F Team Support)
Produce (renamed Greengrocer support)
Counters
3 dotcom team leaders

These named above remain.  All others removed.  Note that these are all service roles.

Express

Store Manager - unchanged
Deputy Manager renamed to Assistant Manager
Service & Replen Managers - no decision made that I know of
Service Managers (Cat 4 stores) removed
Replen Manager - No decision made that I know of
Express team leader - renamed Duty Lead

pike stupidboy!

« Reply #47 on: 27-05-14, 03:42PM »
iKnow

Can I ask where this info is from as informative as it is
I feel we need clarity of its credibility 

Thanks

jonestour

« Reply #48 on: 27-05-14, 03:57PM »
i agree because it seems now more team leader jobs are staying than before
like counters wasn't even on the list

tl_ffsc

• Know All
« Reply #49 on: 27-05-14, 06:24PM »
if that info is correct then applying it to my store will effect 5 TL's (grocery, pi, 2xstock control, services), a paltry amount and even at that one of them is the services TL, surely one that should stay, being a service role etc. etc, far more so than say the produce TL.

It would also seem to add several manager roles we don't have at the moment and honestly don't need.