Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
17-10-19, 07:37AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8505
  • Latest: Foysi
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61663
  • Total Topics: 1083
  • Online Today: 135
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 118
Total: 122

Author Topic: Restructure - Disclosure  (Read 370152 times)

no EAN

• VLH Supporter
Re: Restructure - Disclosure
« Reply #100 on: 17-06-14, 05:45PM »
so P.I and merchandising would be held accountable by the same manager on nights?

SAMCRO

• Know All
« Reply #101 on: 17-06-14, 05:49PM »
Doesn't PI currently sit with Compliance? So technically if a Compliance manager could have Merchandising, PI and Compliance? That seems a bit daunting and unlikely.

And losing both PI and Merchandising TL's on nights to replace them with a night manager doesn't seem cost effective at all.

Peedoff

« Reply #102 on: 17-06-14, 06:05PM »
Any news on bakery?

Ulsterboy

• Know All
« Reply #103 on: 17-06-14, 06:17PM »
samcro , that's what I've  heard through a couple of managers . think about it ,the two dept are now mostly nightshift orientated but managed through days . the team leaders effectively run there depts. now accountability will be taken over by a manager, but more importantly planning . stock control food and non food could also join together . the managerial roles now could significantly change , so, think outside the box . Anyway , within 48 hrs we will no , or at least managers will

dawwal

« Reply #104 on: 17-06-14, 06:31PM »
I find it interesting that people keep hintng that information will be known in the near
future as the best I have been able to find out is that it will more than likely be September
before anything to affect the non trial and non pilot stores will be released

Ulsterboy

• Know All
« Reply #105 on: 17-06-14, 07:00PM »
its interesting that new stores are opening with the format . new stores opened with this format before this pilot took place , so the word pilot is rubbish. check out any new stores advertising for staff in the near future , bet u its under the new format . whats more , and this is a guess , I bet that there will be no or nearly no 36.5hr shifts ,and all contracts will be flexi . but that's conjecture .

Twinkeltoes1

• Know All
« Reply #106 on: 17-06-14, 07:01PM »
There will be 36.5 hours contracts and that will be for MANAGERS Only.

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #107 on: 17-06-14, 07:02PM »
This move is not going to be pretty sight in my store.The merchandising T.L. is an absolute star,does way above the work they should be doing,comes in at stupid o'clock through the night to ensure the job gets done,also stays back unpaid on many,many occasions,this trial has not been thought through nearly enough,just waiting for the ensuing chaos to begin. :'(
The worlds me lobster

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #108 on: 17-06-14, 07:11PM »
Spot on Twinkeltoes1,I don't think the managers will know what has hit them when this is rolled out.I'd like to know how are they going to manage the disgruntled X-Team leaders who don't leave during the cull.I know how I would feel if I was a Team leader and they did this to me >:(
The worlds me lobster

Ulsterboy

• Know All
« Reply #109 on: 17-06-14, 07:16PM »
theres a lot more issues coming from this than just the loss of TLs , although this affects me greatly. The idea that full time hours will be ended , flexi contracts pushed through , changing roles of managers to glorifed team leaders should send alarm bells to store managers right down to CAs. No one is safe . your livelihoods are at risk.

Loki

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • Justice is the sanction of established injustice
« Reply #110 on: 17-06-14, 07:25PM »
I'm interested to know how well the shop stewards have represented/informed/supported members in the affected stores.

It would be interesting to see how well shop stewards would represent/inform/support members within ALL stores should this role out nationally.

Headache it may be, but it will certainly separate the wheat from the chaff.
Life is a monstrous demented gag. Madness is the emergency exit.
I will not reply to unsolicited PM's.

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #111 on: 17-06-14, 07:46PM »
Loki,I would like to know why the USDAW membership has not been informed about the format that is beeing rolled out in all new stores,the union must know this is going to happen to all stores eventually.We should not be finding out about this through VLH.what are we paying them for? the silence from USDAW is deafening and it's got way past the old wait until they have something concrete to tell us.
The worlds me lobster

Ulsterboy

• Know All
« Reply #112 on: 17-06-14, 07:48PM »
loki , is it not true that a union rep should be involved in the initial disclosure of any major restructure by the store manager to his management team ? not one of our store reps have any idea what or when anything is happening . One believes that any changes will happen in January.

Loki

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #113 on: 17-06-14, 07:51PM »
Yes.

However, I initiated the disclosure of the Pilot at my store and ensured the managers and Team Leaders I represent were fully briefed.

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #114 on: 17-06-14, 08:05PM »
We are sailing blissfully along as if nothing is going on in our store,just rumours,nothing from the union reps.
The worlds me lobster

Dooby27

« Reply #115 on: 17-06-14, 08:11PM »
What happens to bsm?

panther

• Know All
« Reply #116 on: 17-06-14, 10:39PM »
Same with us mexicopete, it's as if the first few weeks of panic when this news first broke, never happened! I don't know what store/group/format you work for, but it's all so eerily quiet!!

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #117 on: 17-06-14, 10:52PM »
Work in a very understaffed Extra panther,I don't understand people in my store,still staying behind unpaid,I stopped doing that yonks ago.I know one thing for sure the sh-t is going to hit the fan sooner rather than later in my opinion.
The worlds me lobster

Loki

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #118 on: 17-06-14, 11:01PM »
A squall or maybe the calm before the storm?

don21

« Reply #119 on: 18-06-14, 12:39AM »
Look guys its very simple. USDAW are a complete waste of time and basically do what they are told by Tesco. When were you ever given the option of industrial action. A thing of the past you may think. But why should it be when the company that makes over 3 billion a year refuses to pay its employees a living wage and hands down c**p contracts.

Now lots of you are going to be stiffed yet again and USDAW will spout out rubbish about supporting our colleagues when what they should be doing is organising a strike ballot about how your jobs and benefits have steadily been eroded over many years.

I do not post here very often because it tends to wind me up how you all just seem to accept this c**p without your union standing up for you.

It seems the trade union movement in the UK is toothless and now owned by the corporations. With a few honourable exceptions.

Sorry to be so depressing and good luck to you all.

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #120 on: 20-06-14, 05:19PM »
Said it before it should be on a individual basis good and bad if your good keep your role if your not say goodbye to your role.The lack of intelligence at the top is very worrying you don't attack your hard working staff....yes weed out the poor staff.....and that's in every level of the business.

Hyacynth

« Reply #121 on: 22-06-14, 08:42PM »
 8) 8) In the sunny south east nothing but nothing seems to be happening as mentioned in previous posts our Mgrs are still denying that this so-called "Pilot" will happen.!!   we still have T/L,s and they have been told nothing is going to change.!! our shop like nearly all others, is Top-Heavy with Mgrs who have risen from the ranks of GA, and have no People Skills what-so-ever. but very good at standing around with bits of paper looking efficient.!! 

SO. what I really would like to know is this. Is this so-called Pilot really going on up and down the  country now,, and should I be concerned about my TL.s job.?? if I should be, then methinks I,ll step down now to a GA, and let the Mgrs do what I do. then maybe, just maybe, they'll get their sleeves rolled up and Bloody well drag out cages, take stuff back to the Warehouse, fill the Power Walls, and do an Aisle if necessary. or is that day-dreaming on my part.??

But seriously is this really really going to happen. cos as I've said before, down in the South East, shhhhhhhh. is the answer. :-X :-X :-X :-X thanks

Loki

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #122 on: 22-06-14, 09:20PM »
We won't know either way until Tesco decide whether or not the Pilot is successful.

Obvious answer I know, but that's the way it is for now.

I know what my thoughts are on the matter, but they wouldn't necessarily be factual.

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #123 on: 22-06-14, 09:29PM »
Even if it's an unmitigated disaster in the trial stores,it will still be rolled out nationally,as the head bombers will not want to admit they were wrong.It's as big a racing certainty as saying does a bear sh*t in the woods??????????? :(
The worlds me lobster

ohhiyathere

« Reply #124 on: 23-06-14, 07:14PM »
How can there be a realistic debate over whether this will be rolled out or not??
If it wasn't successful & they backtracked on rollout, surely the TLs who have taken redundancy in the pilot stores have been unfairly dismissed? Will GAs on protected pay just step up to TL again? Will they simply call ex-TLs up & give them their TL job back in exchange for their redundancy pay? Aye.  :thumbup: