Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
22-01-20, 02:34AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 63632
  • Total Topics: 1129
  • Online Today: 117
  • Online Ever: 968
  • (20-01-20, 08:15PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 98
Total: 99

Author Topic: Are you a team leader? Your job May be under threat.  (Read 351566 times)

chris2050

Re: Are you a team leader? Your job May be under threat.
« Reply #250 on: 24-03-14, 04:00PM »
If it applies to all formats what's going to happen in express stores, Is the sm and dm going to work 7 days a week 12 hour days never be able to have holidays or days off. Not going to happen, so won't be all formats as been said.

jonestour

« Reply #251 on: 24-03-14, 04:19PM »
i hope not the trial store are they all extra stores

Babylon5

• Know All
« Reply #252 on: 24-03-14, 04:38PM »
Hello windupjones,

Go back and read the thread from the beginning, the answers are all there for you.

Babylon5 :-*

T.C.1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #253 on: 24-03-14, 04:40PM »
Ok No_Bull you brought this to the table, don't start getting defensive! Like I said before this is massive, it's going to affect so many people! The can of worms has been open so of course people have many questions!

checkout~chica

• I love my job, it's the work I hate.
« Reply #254 on: 24-03-14, 05:05PM »
Ok No_Bull you brought this to the table, don't start getting defensive! Like I said before this is massive, it's going to affect so many people! The can of worms has been open so of course people have many questions!

Well done....that's wat I said ;)
I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally

picktocube

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #255 on: 24-03-14, 05:13PM »
Isn't this the whole point of a pilot/trial? To ascertain what problems there might be ,to compile a list of answers to the many questions that will be asked? It is not just a trial to see if it all works and I suspect in different formats there will have to be a few adjustments. Yes it will probably come in nationwide. When? well that depends on how the trial goes and how many questions and problems it may throw up. Maybe it will be introduced in certain formats before others. Again ,once they gain all the relevent information from the 12 trial/pilot stores.

oddjob

• Know All
« Reply #256 on: 24-03-14, 05:15PM »
I have emailed my local usdaw to find out what the position is ,I don't really think ill get a reply,but as a union member and Tesco shareholder I think I have a right to know anything that might affect me

picktocube

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #257 on: 24-03-14, 05:29PM »
 A couple of people on here have already contacted USDAW and the replies that came back stated that there is a trial in 12 stores and until they have the  results of the trial they are unable to give any relevant information about it.

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #258 on: 24-03-14, 05:40PM »
one result could be "staff get very upset at being forced to decide things without being given all the facts".

of course another result could be "if you bully people enough, panic them and push them to make decisions quickly they'll do whatever you want".

Tesco bird

• Know All
« Reply #259 on: 24-03-14, 05:46PM »
Agree Tumshie... You also missed and the union will do as T say.  (-*-) (-*-)

miserable

« Reply #260 on: 24-03-14, 06:12PM »
Hi, never posted on anything like this before and a bit apprehensive but just want to confirm our store is one of the 12. Trial has already taken place in 2 OTHER stores therefore they are now running PILOT in 12 stores which will then be rolled out across the country 99.9% sure that this will not be reversed.
Same as previous posts called last Monday to group team leader meeting to be told our job was redundant and given letter for first 1 to 1 meeting. 45 days began from then. Ends 30th April.
No information on finance at all and still none so far except few redundancy packages starting to drift through.
Deputy also redundant and 3 trading managers instead, ambient, fresh and customer.
Was told ALL formats EXCEPT Express.
Checkouts and .com to keep support (team leaders).
Can step down into department hours as general assistant, apply for the only extra .com support or take redundancy.
Last thing I wish to do is worry anyone but as it is all here for colleagues to read thought it might be helpful for those that are unsure of the reality of these posts, believe me, it is TRUE.
Have been told USDAW are fighting for us and we will be informed asap.
I have NO idea what to do with so little information.
Was upset, then lost, now ANGRY.

SAMCRO

• Know All
« Reply #261 on: 24-03-14, 06:23PM »
I'm not asking for specifics but what kind of redundancy packages are being offered?

Tegai

• Know All
« Reply #262 on: 24-03-14, 06:25PM »
So it's not all team leaders, expresses are excluded!

How can the start the 45 days unless they give you all the information like protected pay or redundancy? Is that normal ? Can they do it? Or on the 44th day they give you all the information

Babylon5

• Know All
« Reply #263 on: 24-03-14, 06:27PM »
Hello,

"All formats except Express".....that's slightly different to previous posts, can you confirm?

Babylon5 :-*

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #264 on: 24-03-14, 06:30PM »
quite right to be ANGRY, miserable.  thanks for confirming that this is happening. 
have staff in two stores already taken demotion and redundancies?
have you asked usdaw reps what exactly is being done for you & your colleagues?

picktocube

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #265 on: 24-03-14, 06:42PM »
So it's not all team leaders, expresses are excluded!

How can the start the 45 days unless they give you all the information like protected pay or redundancy? Is that normal ? Can they do it? Or on the 44th day they give you all the information

Yes ,there is a minimum period of 45 days consultation period and then if any redundancies or changes are being made then the relevant notice period is then started . Also notice periods will be relevant to how many years you have been employed
« Last Edit: 24-03-14, 06:44PM by picktocube »

Tegai

• Know All
« Reply #266 on: 24-03-14, 06:44PM »
But when do you decide what you are going to do? During the consultation or the meeting on the 45th day or during the notice period? Personally I couldn't decide until I knew what the redundancy package was or what the protection pay was, and to get that information on the 44th day, that would be totally unfair 
« Last Edit: 24-03-14, 06:49PM by Tegai »

Tegai

• Know All
« Reply #267 on: 24-03-14, 06:54PM »
I mean normally, I would imagine our depot friends would know details

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #268 on: 24-03-14, 06:58PM »
exactly, tegai, what sort of 'consultation' is it if staff don't get all the information on the choices they have to make?

picktocube

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #269 on: 24-03-14, 07:00PM »
Everybodies redundancy payment will be different and this is usually only worked out if you ask for it . It depends on age and length of service,and usually these figures are done quite quickly,so you can have time to make a choice.

No_Bull_Ere

« Reply #270 on: 24-03-14, 07:03PM »
miserable

Firstly, welcome, colleague  :)

Are you absolutely sure your SM or/and PM said those words... "except Express stores"? Because my SM & PM said the opposite to us, which is why I have stated in this thread that it is all formats.

Either my SM has got it wrong, or yours has!

This is a key piece of information, because it means TL's that want to stay with the company, and as TL's, CAN transfer to an Express and suffer no demotion, no pay cut.

Now we really do need an official clarification on this.

And if it turns out that your SM has given the correct company position, and mine the incorrect position, I hope the people of this site, especially Express TL's, will someday forgive me for causing them, and probably their families undue stress. I am SOOOO sorry if it turns out to be the case.  :'(

miserable

« Reply #271 on: 24-03-14, 07:20PM »
Hi, my SM def said that as I have had the option to put down for our Express Stores but whether this is correct or not I can only check tomorrow.
Have no idea how we are supposed to decide on anything with no details.
USDAW fighting for us is all we are told, awaiting more info.
Have no redundancy figure as yet but as others say, dependant on years and age.
Have been told 45 days MIGHT be extended if this is required.
« Last Edit: 24-03-14, 07:24PM by miserable »

Belligerent Ghoul

« Reply #272 on: 24-03-14, 07:23PM »
Hi all! Just wanted to say I am also part of the 12 stores.

Nothing to add to what has been already said, and RE the Express I can't recall what was said (if anything) about them, and I haven't had chance to ask yet!

« Last Edit: 24-03-14, 08:45PM by wheelspin »

jonty

• Know All
« Reply #273 on: 24-03-14, 07:24PM »
someone mentioned that stock control was also being removed in this process, have you heard anything like this?

Belligerent Ghoul

« Reply #274 on: 24-03-14, 07:25PM »
I haven't.