Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
08-12-19, 05:38AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62781
  • Total Topics: 1104
  • Online Today: 109
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 88
Total: 90

Author Topic: Are you a team leader? Your job May be under threat.  (Read 344492 times)

Babylon5

• Know All
Re: tl 2 ga
« Reply #75 on: 20-03-14, 12:37PM »
Hello,

Part of me hopes that all the poor devils offered redundancy take it and feck off straight into new employ, we are so short staffed already it would serve Tw*atco's right.

What effect will it have on those poor devils who do step down, possibly with no pay protection, Managers and TL's, on an already poor morale, will really become loyal, willing staff of course won't they.

All of the MM on our nightshift really are just glorified, expensive fillers. Most work very hard at it too, they are hours on the "heat map", what if they decide to go too?

Babylon5 :-*
« Last Edit: 20-03-14, 12:39PM by Babylon5 »

No_Bull_Ere

« Reply #76 on: 20-03-14, 12:39PM »
anyone know the difference in pay between a ga and a teamleader ?

Not a fortune. A couple of hundred quid a month.

But every little helped.

darklighter

• Know All
« Reply #77 on: 20-03-14, 12:42PM »
All our managers have been having regular meetings due in part to the new round of rhrp but there has been talk of something bigger on the agenda as most managers have been out on the shop floor working their butts off for the past two weeks which is something they have never done before.  They were always told they are there to manage, not to do manual work but the worm has turned for some reason.

SAMCRO

• Know All
« Reply #78 on: 20-03-14, 01:04PM »
A change like this has to happen and I think it is long overdue. That being said it does affect me and I'm not sure if I'd be more inclined to take redundancy. The redundancy package will be peanuts I guess.

I do feel sorry for the managers as they stand to lose the most financially. But for too long there has been positions in store that should not exist. Events/Better Service Managers for e.g. A huge waste of money.

The company had wasted years and a bloody fortune trying to paper over the cracks with things like MMM and constant RHRP changes, when all along the only thing that needed doing was to get more staff on the shop floor.

This will affect me too. But as a TL who works way beyond d my pay grade and has to carry my manager through his role I can't help but feel a little relieved that the immense pressure TLs are currently under will be lifted and placed firmly with the managers.

The managers will be bloody well earning there oversized salaries soon, even the ones who survive and pass the interview may soon wish they hadn't.

eversor

« Reply #79 on: 20-03-14, 01:04PM »
anyone know the difference in pay between a ga and a teamleader ?

Not a fortune. A couple of hundred quid a month.

But every little helped.

It's £8.952 down to £7.283, for a full time t/l, that'll be £243.67 a month or £31761.71 a year.

Only good thing I've read this thread is at least t/l's will be offered f/t hours

G33kGirl

« Reply #80 on: 20-03-14, 01:28PM »
How will this work if RHRP says that departments are over hours? Will they place the people where hours are needed?

Twinkeltoes1

• Know All
« Reply #81 on: 20-03-14, 02:51PM »
So if TLs on Checkpouts and Dot Com are staying, wil the people in those positipns now have to reapply for thier jobs and can othe TLs also apply for those jobs? Seems only fair really, but then again when were Tesco ever fair.

renown

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #82 on: 20-03-14, 03:39PM »
Can't wait till someone actually opens up and tells me what is going to happen to my TL role.
Going by what I have read,it could be sometime before it hits us north of the border.I imagine it will be hard to keep the news quiet though.

Seneca

« Reply #83 on: 20-03-14, 03:53PM »
So far in this item, no one, as far as I can see, has mentioned night shift? Is an already small management team to be 'shrunk' some more? Does anybody know?

Tegai

• Know All
« Reply #84 on: 20-03-14, 03:57PM »
A night team PI manager, so it looks like it will be increased by 1

utopiandream

« Reply #85 on: 20-03-14, 04:05PM »
Details are quite vague about all aspects of this at present. I work in one of the pilot stores, my contract states that I'm a team leader but I'm doing the job of a GA. My manager doesn't know this, this was given to me by a previous store director as the company, my store manager and line manager at the time, felt I was too valuable to risk losing. Things may be about to get awkward.....

Anne

« Reply #86 on: 20-03-14, 04:06PM »
Do you get paid TL rate or GA rate?

utopiandream

« Reply #87 on: 20-03-14, 04:12PM »
Hi Anne, t/l. I basically resigned as I couldn't afford to be there, had a job offer else where. My resignation was declined.. A discussion followed and I agreed to stay. All 3 members of staff involved in that have since left

Daftjoe

• Why Do I Bother
« Reply #88 on: 20-03-14, 04:57PM »
In our store the t/l's are used as mini managers. They stay a lot longer than their contracted hours and either lose the money owed or don't take the hours back! If they drop to CA's then who will do all this extra work? I'm sure they will all be going home and coming in on time then. Unless they are real idiots of course!!

spamking

Are you a team leader? Your job May be under threat.
« Reply #89 on: 21-03-14, 02:41AM »
Tesco are restructuring, they are effectively getting rid of all the tl roles with the exception of checkouts, dotcom + a few more. In our store (extra) teamleaders are having one2one meetings with sm now. Teamleaders of grocery, dairy, customer service etc are being told they either step down to GA or take redundancy. This is going to be massive. 

Please visit the Job Losses thread in the All Departments section for more info.

Mods: I'm posting this here because not everyone monitors the job loss thread. Please don't delete.

spike_pkh

• Know All
« Reply #90 on: 21-03-14, 04:34AM »
The only real question i have is what will happen to the extra money?

Will the managers who successfully reapply for their jobs get a payrise, as they will effectively have to do more work?

Will there be extra CAs employed?

Will the company just swallow the money?

Anne

« Reply #91 on: 21-03-14, 08:02AM »
Probably not. This sounds like a wage saving exercise more than anything else.

nightsboy

• Regular Pain
Re: Are you a team leader? Your job May be under threat.
« Reply #92 on: 21-03-14, 08:05AM »
does this include night team leaders????

Tegai

• Know All
« Reply #93 on: 21-03-14, 08:18AM »
all team leaders, checkouts and dot com will change their names

Pathfinder

• Regular Pain
  • Believe
« Reply #94 on: 21-03-14, 09:15AM »
Have been told we are getting extra team leader in express more of a compliance role team leader .

Verity321

« Reply #95 on: 21-03-14, 10:13AM »
does this include night team leaders????
yes it does.

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #96 on: 21-03-14, 10:17AM »
Only a few stores have been formally informed of the changes so far all of them being either extra or superstores. No express has been told officially of any changes yet. It all seems wrong to me there are many people understandably worried about there jobs and Tesco should have been decent enough to inform everyone who may be affected by this at the same time. This level of uncertainty will do nobody any good at all.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

SAMCRO

• Know All
« Reply #97 on: 21-03-14, 02:18PM »
I work in a Midlands store. USDAW AO hasn't confirmed it but my Personel Manager has, although it's not common knowledge in my store as nothing has been said officially.

T.C.1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #98 on: 21-03-14, 02:45PM »
All this is a bit bonkers it's going to effect so many people, why didn't tesco just have one big annocement. Then the workers who are affected can take stock think about what is right for them and their families plus it would be good if people could come into work and talk about it where as now a lot of miss information going around! We are all big boys and girls now and know its tough world out there so just come clean and tell us what's going on!

Gleep9876

« Reply #99 on: 21-03-14, 03:56PM »
I've just had it confirmed by our A.O, but knows nothing about protected pay.
Anybody else heard anything about protected pay