Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19-11-19, 05:44PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62498
  • Total Topics: 1104
  • Online Today: 456
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Are you a team leader? Your job May be under threat.  (Read 342550 times)

Anne

Re: tl 2 ga
« Reply #50 on: 19-03-14, 11:35PM »
The superstore I was at last had an events manager too.

darklighter

• Know All
« Reply #51 on: 19-03-14, 11:48PM »
I am afraid there is nothing anyone can do to avoid this happening.  Look what happened when they built the livingston combined depot and the consequences for those working in the Dundee depot.  Were they not forced to either move to the new depot under new t&c or take redundancy.

zRSo

« Reply #52 on: 19-03-14, 11:50PM »
We will all find out soon hopefully. It's stupid to not communicate this across every store that's affected at once. A lot of us now know what could be coming and most are now worried about their future. I've been in trouble because I've found out information before it has been communicated by managers and I've told other staff. Not my fault they cannot communicate simultaneously.

darklighter

• Know All
« Reply #53 on: 19-03-14, 11:54PM »
It is best to keep this to yourselves if it is indeed true because you will be accused of bring the company into disrepute by what they will call scaremongering.

Administrator Comment It's only scaremongering if untrue, if true it's sharing of information. Nomad

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #54 on: 19-03-14, 11:57PM »
I could not agree more zRso it shows just how little the top people really care that so many people are in the dark over there potential future. Nothing short of disgraceful.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

doublerainbow

« Reply #55 on: 20-03-14, 02:04AM »
Bloody hell! Can't imagine how this is going to work for express unless they create a new express specific role or have to apply for Deputy seeing as 4 managers are needed. Unless CA golds will be expected to run the shop?!
 Feel sorry for all fellow TLs out there

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #56 on: 20-03-14, 03:09AM »

OK so what your saying is that not all team leader rolls are going, since dotc ect are staying?,
When  you say Managers rolls are going,,, Your saying that Managers in Extras roles are going?
Your not saying that store managers rolls are going?
But Your saying that Deputy Manager rolls are going,

You have not said  or you have not been told that Team Leaser rolls in any other format is going,
Nor have you said that  Deputy Manager rolls in any other format is going,

I don't know what happened in all other formats 4 Years ago, But IN express They changed every thing,
There used to be a SM Manager,,, Store manager,, This did not change.
There used to be 2 Duty Managers,,, This roll was changed To 1 deputy Manager,
There Used to be 2 team leaders  This stayed the same,,
Then they made a Customer cheek out manger ,
In other Express they evan had a Replenishment manager,

Each person was told that they had to reapply for each of there rolls
The Duty Managers applied for the Deputy Managers rolls,
When each did,, If they passed the Interview They Got a higher pay,, If There pay was lower than the new roll,
If it was higher they stayed the same,
Any one that failed the Interview ,,Where moved down to the lower roll,,, But still kept the pay they where on before,

I did not hear of any one leaving the Company,
Also im sure that those that moved to a lower roll,, And had there pay protected,, had it frozen,

slicing bread

« Reply #57 on: 20-03-14, 08:37AM »
Hi , I work down south in a Extra store as a Team Leader and our union reps had a meeting on Mon about this and it sounds like it will be happening down here soon. BIG worry !!! but also concerned if the team leader decides to step down become a ca how long before management start using us as their 2nd in command again, but this time without the pay!!!!!  :'(

wizard

• Regular Pain
« Reply #58 on: 20-03-14, 09:49AM »
haven't heard anything in southwest yet about job losses for team leaders or management changes , we work in a superstore and events manager job already gone , our grocery manager is in charge of warehouse as well so don't think we will have to lose any managers , unless they don't pass the interview. im not surprised by any of this after working for Tesco for more than 25 years nothing shocks me any more . we seemed to be so desperate to save money I suppose it makes sense we are to top heavy as a company far to many managers that do so little , really feel for everyone having to lose money or be made redundant . Tesco should have told every store at the same time though with all of us on here knowing now , I don't think I will be telling anyone in my store yet !

TechSupporter

• Regular Pain
« Reply #59 on: 20-03-14, 10:22AM »
Hello again No_Bull, one more question.  Traditionally ring fenced service areas have been excluded, for example:

Opticians Manager
Phoneshop Manager
Tech Team Leader,

Can you confirm or not if your aware of these teams being included in the restructure?

No_Bull_Ere

« Reply #60 on: 20-03-14, 10:50AM »
Good morning.

I'm glad to see that information corroborating what I unfortunately told you yesterday is filtering through. Actually glad is probably not really the correct choice of word, considering what we are discussing here.

I have no new information at this time.

I also have no information on Opticians Manager, Phoneshop Manager and Tech Team Leader; these areas were not mentioned at our announcement on Monday.

Tomorrow I have my one-to-one with SM & PM. I'm happy to report back on what is discussed, if that will be of interest to anyone?

I already know, however, that I will only be offered two choices tomorrow... step down to CA in 42 days time or take redundancy. What I need to know from them tomorrow is will my wage be protected? If so, for how long? What is my redundancy money?

Regards to all.

no longer stinkey

• Regular Pain
« Reply #61 on: 20-03-14, 11:16AM »
if tl steps down would it be on full hours?

zRSo

« Reply #62 on: 20-03-14, 11:38AM »
Please do keep us updated on your 1-2-1. I hope you and everyone else gets maximum wage protection.

Edit: Does anyone know of any superstores having their consultation yet?
« Last Edit: 20-03-14, 11:44AM by zRSo »

chris2050

« Reply #63 on: 20-03-14, 11:49AM »
Any news if this is going to happen in express?

No_Bull_Ere

« Reply #64 on: 20-03-14, 11:52AM »
if tl steps down would it be on full hours?

Yes. That much IS, at least, guaranteed. We asked on Monday and was told unequivocally that TL's and Managers that either choose to be demoted or are demoted by the company will be full=time Customer Assistants.

No_Bull_Ere

« Reply #65 on: 20-03-14, 11:57AM »
Any news if this is going to happen in express?

Yes. The company is reverting back to about 10 years ago... Team Leaders did not exist, in any store anywhere in the country!

The company also wants Managers to be more 'involved' with what is happening daily on the shop floor, and not just from an observational aspect, but 'hands-on'. More customer service oriented. More team orientated. No more leaning on TL's to do, well, anything.

This is what the company has "identified" as a necessity in moving forward.

And so it will be!
« Last Edit: 20-03-14, 12:01PM by No_Bull_Ere »

no longer stinkey

• Regular Pain
« Reply #66 on: 20-03-14, 12:01PM »

if above is true and no more tl whos opening and closing the expresses

No_Bull_Ere

« Reply #67 on: 20-03-14, 12:07PM »
I'm sorry, but it IS true, of ALL stores, including Express.

I repeat... in our group meeting on Monday with our SM and PM someone asked if transfering to another store or even area could avoid being demoted to CA or being offered redundancy and our PM stated NO. It will only buy you a couple of months max, because these changes are going nationwide within months!

Trust me, if it were a relatively simple thing of me transferring to an Express I wouldn't now be considering contacting my mortgage provider and requesting going onto interest only payments!

No_Bull_Ere

« Reply #68 on: 20-03-14, 12:14PM »
How would this work in express stores as team leaders make up 50% of the management team ?.

There is going to be 50% less management team!

Babylon5

• Know All
« Reply #69 on: 20-03-14, 12:15PM »
Hello,

Whilst I fully understand the need to have a "pilot" area, I do not understand why Tw*tco's did not or have not made the announcement to every outlet. It's going to happen and going to affect many, many people's lives, why stagger it, especially knowing that sites like this exist. I also do not understand why there is no confirmation of pay being protected or not when a consultation period is "live". In addition, I must say that I'm really surprised at the lack of a response from any union bods on here!

Babylon5 :-*

« Last Edit: 20-03-14, 12:17PM by Babylon5 »

no longer stinkey

• Regular Pain
« Reply #70 on: 20-03-14, 12:25PM »
would like to think this wouldn't work but i'm guessing once tl gone it will be back to ca's on step up

they open and do 1st few hours then manager on giant mid shift and a step up locking up

i cant wait

No_Bull_Ere

« Reply #71 on: 20-03-14, 12:28PM »
Union reps have probably been warned by their seniors that if they discuss anything about this restructure, which, lets be perfectly honest, is probably one of the biggest the company has ever undertaken, then they will be disciplined.

Couldn't agree more about the thousands and thousands of colleagues that this is going to affect, not to mention the thousands more that had hopes of stepping up the ladder and becoming a Team Leader.

And I know it's fashionable to s**g Managers about being lazy, and drinking gallons of tea in the canteen (I'm not a Manager by the way) but now many are simply not going to be able to cope with the kind of pressure that is coming once they no longer have their Team Leaders at the sides. Just a thought.

darklighter

• Know All
« Reply #72 on: 20-03-14, 12:29PM »
Does this mean those that are successful in applying for these managerial jobs are going to be on less money as the money they are on now would seem a little excessive if they are gong to be on the shop floor stacking shelves?  Surely more team leaders and less managers would have been more sensible or is the new team manager going to the same as the old team leader but with the same responsibilities as the old line manager?

arlo

• Regular Pain
« Reply #73 on: 20-03-14, 12:34PM »
anyone know the difference in pay between a ga and a teamleader ?

No_Bull_Ere

« Reply #74 on: 20-03-14, 12:37PM »
Hello,

Whilst I fully understand the need to have a "pilot" area, I do not understand why Tw*tco's did not or have not made the announcement to every outlet. It's going to happen and going to affect many, many people's lives, why stagger it, especially knowing that sites like this exist. I also do not understand why there is no confirmation of pay being protected or not when a consultation period is "live". In addition, I must say that I'm really surprised at the lack of a response from any union bods on here!

Babylon5 :-*

Perhaps they HAVE informed every SM and PM at every store in the country. It's just that SM's and PM's aren't allowed to speak about anything yet.

We've already heard from one poster a page or two back that he/she was told to "Expect BIG changes", but wouldn't be told any more than that!