Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
26-05-19, 06:37PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 57193
  • Total Topics: 1009
  • Online Today: 160
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Are you a team leader? Your job May be under threat.  (Read 322818 times)

zRSo

Re: tl 2 ga
« Reply #25 on: 19-03-14, 04:22PM »
Nothing about it here down South. Asked a couple of managers but they said they didn't know anything about it but were not surprised by it. SM and PM were busy and I don't want to be the starter of WW3 in our store so not going to tell/ask anyone apart from PM/SM.

I put a strong emphasis on this that it could be a rumor (not calling you a liar or anything) as above, I don't want to be involved!

Keep us updated! :)

No_Bull_Ere

« Reply #26 on: 19-03-14, 04:28PM »
Okay, my friend.

But, it's no rumour. I have my one-to-one consultation with Store Manager on Friday. I have 43 days left and then I'm either taking redundancy or dropping to Customer Assistant!

Team Leaders and Managers already having their one-to-one's as of yesterday but cannot make their decisions until info comes through about protected pay.

If today was April 1st this would have been one hell of an April Fool's gag.

But it isn't, and it isn't  :(

zRSo

« Reply #27 on: 19-03-14, 04:34PM »
I feel so sorry for everyone involved, the amount of staff with mortages, rent, fiance, cc debt etc and they're not even guaranteed wage protection. I thought this was something you get regardless? 4 years is the usual isn't it?

No_Bull_Ere

« Reply #28 on: 19-03-14, 04:54PM »
No news yet about protected pay, still waiting.

Someone, call any of the stores I have listed, ask to speak with, I don't know, warehouse Manager or Team Leader, or Check Out Manager or Team Leader, someone. Tell them you're a colleague from whatever store and you're hearing rumours about a massive restructuring and could they please give you a quick bit of info because you are concerned.

Someone, I'm sure WILL talk to you.

And I wont feel like the only person in the world that has been given a spin in a spaceship by a friendly alien and nobody will believe me  :-X

Babylon5

• Know All
« Reply #29 on: 19-03-14, 04:58PM »
Hello,

Surely somebody representing USDAW on here will be able to confirm or deny this.

The usual suspects must be in deep shock!

Babylon5 :-*

tasha66

• Know All
« Reply #30 on: 19-03-14, 05:14PM »
What about team leaders in distribution..hmmmm big deal this
Keep thinking youre all safe.but reallity youre a cost whoever you are!!!!!!!!!!

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #31 on: 19-03-14, 05:29PM »
With team leaders and dm on the way out of big format stores is there any news on what is happening if anything in express ?
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

terrybigballs

• Know All
« Reply #32 on: 19-03-14, 05:37PM »
Okay, my friend.

But, it's no rumour. I have my one-to-one consultation with Store Manager on Friday. I have 43 days left and then I'm either taking redundancy or dropping to Customer Assistant!

Team Leaders and Managers already having their one-to-one's as of yesterday but cannot make their decisions until info comes through about protected pay.

If today was April 1st this would have been one hell of an April Fool's gag.

But it isn't, and it isn't  :(

so no info on protected pay and they have started the consultation period , constructive dismissal springs to mind

G33kGirl

« Reply #33 on: 19-03-14, 06:32PM »
Kettering has not had consultations. I know Corby has.

We have only been told to expect big changes. SM refused to say what.

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #34 on: 19-03-14, 06:37PM »
i don't see how they can start a countdown to redundancy or demotion if they haven't made clear what the terms will be. 
if this change is happening, t*sco will likely be squirming around trying to make it look like the employees' choice to leave or be a CA, in the hope that they can compensate as little as possible.

No_Bull_Ere

« Reply #35 on: 19-03-14, 06:45PM »
Kettering has not had consultations. I know Corby has.

We have only been told to expect big changes. SM refused to say what.

NOW we're getting somewhere.

I was told Kettering has had theirs.

Doesn't matter, because EVERY store will be having their announcement then every Team Leader and most Managers will be having their one-to-one consultations! Redundancy or demotion follows that!

At least you guys that visit here can get a heads up and prepare your lives, it's more than I and my colleagues got  :'(
« Last Edit: 19-03-14, 06:47PM by No_Bull_Ere »

Tegai

• Know All
« Reply #36 on: 19-03-14, 06:46PM »
what's the norm in redundancy pay?

eric79

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #37 on: 19-03-14, 06:55PM »
I know Corby have started the consultation period
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

wheelspin

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #38 on: 19-03-14, 07:13PM »
 This was coming like a train thundering down the track. 

The shareholders will want to keep the new Bentley's in the drive. 

People must be flushed. 

I am very sorry for those managers and TLs who are just muddling through with  their mortgage payments. 

If there is a positive here,  it should be that everyone involved should keep themselves in employment .
  And at least CAs are safe. For now.

No word of this in Ireland yet.  But im sure it will be coming soon. 

If you still have the feeling of control, you are not going fast enough!

Gapscan

• Smart Arse
« Reply #39 on: 19-03-14, 07:23PM »
with managers on .com or checkouts all day i have no idea who will be running departments
it's a paper loss....

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #40 on: 19-03-14, 07:41PM »
I have my one-to-one consultation with Store Manager on Friday. I have 43 days left and then I'm either taking redundancy or dropping to Customer Assistant!

i don't see how they can start the time that they give you to make your decision in, if they haven't made clear what the situation is with protected pay.  you don't know all the facts about the choice you have to make.

Anne

« Reply #41 on: 19-03-14, 08:07PM »
If you've only just been told about it, why do you only have 43 days left? Surely they can't start the 90 day consultation period before consulting you!

No_Bull_Ere

« Reply #42 on: 19-03-14, 08:20PM »
We were told on Monday that the 45 (not 90) day consultation began that day, immediately after the announcement of the restructuring.

We were told that there may and there may not be wage protection; the company had yet to give the stores the details because they were/are consulting the union about this.

We were told that redundancy packages would be discussed on an individual basis at our one-to-one meetings with SM and PM; mine is on Friday.

Distribution centres were not mentioned.

Someone asked if transferring would stave off a demotion or redundancy and we were told NO... these changes are going to be rolled out across all format stores within months; transferring will not save Team Leaders, who are being made extinct and several Manager positions.

T.C.1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #43 on: 19-03-14, 08:26PM »
If you read employment law 2013/2014 you will see the 90 day consoltion has dropped to 45 days!! This s**t is real just hope GA's are safe!!!

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #44 on: 19-03-14, 09:18PM »
still don't see that they can start the 45 days without having all the facts on pay.

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #45 on: 19-03-14, 09:23PM »
Indeed how can one make such a big decision without being given all the facts.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

darklighter

• Know All
« Reply #46 on: 19-03-14, 10:39PM »
Length of consultation

There’s no time limit for how long the period of consultation should be, but the minimum is:

20 to 99 redundancies - the consultation must start at least 30 days before any dismissals take effect
    100 or more redundancies - the consultation must start at least 45 days before any dismissals take effect

You must give staff notice and agree a leaving date once you’ve finished the redundancy consultations.

Give staff at least the statutory notice period, based on how long they have worked.
Length of service     Notice you must give
1 month to 2 years     At least a week
2 years to 12 years  A week’s notice for every year employed
12 or more years    12 weeks

Sourced from gov.uk
« Last Edit: 19-03-14, 10:41PM by darklighter »

chris2050

« Reply #47 on: 19-03-14, 11:24PM »
How would this work in express stores as team leaders make up 50% of the management team ?.

Luchagore

• Smart Arse
« Reply #48 on: 19-03-14, 11:32PM »
Be interested to see how this affects the other formats as what's been mentioned here seems to be affecting Extra. No superstore I know has an Events Manager, or a separate Grocery and Warehouse Manager. A lot of superstores have combined roles already. I could see the merit in combining some line mgr jobs in superstores if some team leader positions stayed, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Security managers were slowly removed from stores with the accountability put to checkout services managers, PI has a team leader position, so those two manager roles being there doesn't make sense...

darklighter

• Know All
« Reply #49 on: 19-03-14, 11:34PM »
My superstore has an events manager.  Grocery and warehouse indeed have the one manager, at least in my store. We used to have both a warehouse team leader and a grocery team leader then one team leader covering both departments, now we have none as they were deemed to be surplus to requirements.
« Last Edit: 19-03-14, 11:39PM by darklighter »