Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12-12-19, 08:40AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62855
  • Total Topics: 1104
  • Online Today: 124
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 73
Total: 75

Author Topic: Are you a team leader? Your job May be under threat.  (Read 345206 times)

terrybigballs

• Know All
Re: Are you a team leader? Your job May be under threat.
« Reply #100 on: 21-03-14, 04:39PM »
Ok just had an email from usdaw this is being trialed in 12 stores across all formats untill the trial is complete usdaw will not be able to pre empt any outcome (or words to thst effect) my store is not involved in the trial. I will copy and paste email when i get out of bed.

terrybigballs

• Know All
« Reply #101 on: 21-03-14, 04:52PM »
There are 12 existing stores across all format that are piloting a new management structure. The pilot is being undertaken to understand how it works before deciding any next steps or roll- out.

Until this exercise is completed we are not in a position to pre-empt the outcome.

Your store is not involved in the pilot.

Regards
« Last Edit: 21-03-14, 04:54PM by terrybigballs »

T.C.1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #102 on: 21-03-14, 04:53PM »
The game is up to many workers know now!! God this is massive for managers and T/L's, what if they just have made big comments thinking all is well! It's the biggest change for years so at least you would have thought store by store they would have got all the workers together and told about the changes then! These are real people and a lot could go under!!

picktocube

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #103 on: 21-03-14, 05:24PM »
It was mentioned right at the start of this thread that it was only a pilot.

Verity321

« Reply #104 on: 21-03-14, 05:25PM »
Pilot not trial interesting

Babylon5

• Know All
« Reply #105 on: 21-03-14, 05:33PM »
Hello picktocube,

Not sure if allowed to paste quote but look back at 4th reply on page 1 by no_bull_ere.

Babylon5 :-*

zRSo

« Reply #106 on: 21-03-14, 05:43PM »
Any news on your 1-2-1 No_Bull_Ere?

renown

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #107 on: 21-03-14, 05:46PM »
Surprised no one has mentioned another long term financial scenario.If our salary goes down due to demotion,surely our pension contribution and shares in success award also go down.

What a way to treat loyal hardworking staff NOT

Tesco bird

• Know All
« Reply #108 on: 21-03-14, 06:49PM »
A friend of mine has just been offered a t/l job and starts next week in an extra. What is the point in this if they are getting rid of t/l.... The mind boggles (-*-) (-*-)

SRGMUSER

• Regular Pain
« Reply #109 on: 21-03-14, 08:20PM »
The message seems to be that Deputies are being removed from all stores, does this include Express?

Are they going to put in place another TL?

Is the management structure going to be SM, TL, TL, TL or....

OM, DM, TL, TL, TL

or maybe get rid of OM's and make SM's accountable for multiple stores?

As someone going to a SM assessment centre this makes me worried.

Either no future or no job...

Does anyone have any solid info?

picktocube

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #110 on: 21-03-14, 08:35PM »
This is the whole point of a TRIAL,and as it involves all formats,they might find that in certain formats this works and in others it may not . Also as they will be waiting to see what happens with the trials,they have to carry on as normal. This type of trial has happened before with the structuring of staff,and as terrybigballs has stated with their reply from Usdaw,nothing is going to be decided until the finish of the trial in the selected 12 stores.

jojaca

« Reply #111 on: 21-03-14, 08:46PM »
I told colleagues last year when we were going through right hours right place that the next line of cuts would be the next step up the food chain (Team leaders/Line Managers). Most of us could see right hours right place was going to fail to some degree and unfortunately Tesco are going to copy Walmat in reducing managers. This could be good move by Tesco and getting back to basics putting bodies on checkouts and bodies filling the shelves instead witnessing four/five managers walking around the store with hands in the pocket and questioning what there role in company is.

wheelspin

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #112 on: 21-03-14, 10:48PM »
How is this affecting managers wages?   

Does the new positions  come with a different salary or extra duties . Or both?
If you still have the feeling of control, you are not going fast enough!

tescopleb

• Smart Arse
« Reply #113 on: 21-03-14, 10:59PM »
Its also a very cynical way of getting rid of staff through "natural wastage". If, in the meantime, affected colleagues throughout the country conveniently start leaving for alternative employment then this saves them a fortune in redundancy/protected pay and keeps them smelling of roses.

Tegai

• Know All
« Reply #114 on: 22-03-14, 07:10AM »
Thinking about it, excluding the wages it would be nice to be a GA again, no more bull just work and home

No_Bull_Ere

« Reply #115 on: 22-03-14, 08:14AM »
Good morning.

Ah, a day off, finally.

So yesterday afternoon I had my one-to-one with SM & PM.

I was offered, as expected, redundancy, or drop to CA.

£4,000 redundancy for 2yrs service. A TL who has been with the company for 9 years was offered yesterday £9,000. A Line Manager with under 2yrs service £6,000. I have heard that a Manager higher than a Line, with 7yrs service has been offered £12,500.

Still nothing back from Head Office to SM's about wage protection. I have another one-to-one in a few weeks, closer to the time when I must make my decision. I can invoke another 45 days if still no decision by the company on protected pay.

I hope some of this is of use to many of you as a benchmark or something.

Oh, and I asked SM & PM once again... is this going to roll out nationally?

YES was the answer!

terrybigballs

• Know All
« Reply #116 on: 22-03-14, 08:49AM »
£4,000 redundancy for 2yrs service. A TL who has been with the company for 9 years was offered yesterday £9,000. A Line Manager with under 2yrs service £6,000. I have heard that a Manager higher than a Line, with 7yrs service has been offered £12,500.

Is that take home or do you pay tax/ni on redundancy pay?

No_Bull_Ere

« Reply #117 on: 22-03-14, 08:51AM »
Tax and NI free up to £30,000.

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
Re: tl 2 ga
« Reply #118 on: 22-03-14, 09:29AM »
We asked a million questions of our Store Manager and PM when they delivered this news to us. They told us this is NOT A TEST in 12 stores but a PILOT... in other words we're simply the first stores to get this and it is GUARANTEED to hit EVERY store IN THE COUNTRY within months.

TechSupporter

• Regular Pain
« Reply #119 on: 22-03-14, 09:44AM »
Now wouldn't that be quite interesting if in fact this was a trial, and the above wording which was used by a position in power, was used to show an outcome was already decided on?

I see this as being in the same boat as getting off SYA on a technicality but on a bigger scale ;)

All seriousness though I hope we get some visibility out to stores via the UDSAW AO's (or other means) because as soon as this passes the initial 12 stores surly it would be too late for action?

Meloddie

« Reply #120 on: 22-03-14, 10:02AM »
The Checkout Team Leaders who are to become Team Support will they keep their current tl rate of pay or does there pay go down to same as a GA in 6 months?

spike_pkh

• Know All
« Reply #121 on: 22-03-14, 10:21AM »
if a manager took the redundancy, could they then apply for manager job in another store?

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #122 on: 22-03-14, 10:29AM »
no reason why not.
redundancy means that the job they had no longer exists.   after being made redundant there is no reason why they can't apply for any other job that does exist.

chris2050

« Reply #123 on: 22-03-14, 10:37AM »
So can we have a break-down of what the new management structure is going to be, Surely cant be just a team manager as a new position. Who runs the department when their on holiday, on days off, or when they finish a shift ect..

dancox

« Reply #124 on: 22-03-14, 10:56AM »
This news has spread across Facebook under the Counters page, USDAW page and Stock Control page with many comments.

I am in these groups. I automatically receive notifications.

Essentially i have been told via these groups i could be made redundant or step down to GA.

With a salary of 25,000 you can see how this would affect me and i should not have to read this on here.

I understand that this website suggests it "reports news" etc, but with such company sensitive information this could and (will) cause an uproar in all stores.

It takes one person to say something and then everyone knows.

Store Managers and Personnel Managers would have been briefed on how to communicate this message.

I don't think its right putting the information on here.

...but thats just my opinion.