Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18-10-19, 07:11AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61688
  • Total Topics: 1084
  • Online Today: 129
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 55
Total: 61

Author Topic: Re: Stock Control 3  (Read 218299 times)

eric79

• Sad Muppet
Re: Stock Control 3
« Reply #25 on: 06-02-13, 12:10AM »
If only there was some sort of post delivery/night fill routine in place for stock control to investigate excess stock... ???
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

renown

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #26 on: 06-02-13, 12:46AM »
Great idea Eric79,maybe you should suggest that to someone and see if they agree  ;D

eric79

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #27 on: 08-02-13, 02:27PM »
dotcom misplaced product location report

asked this question a few days ago just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue, or has a solution to mine? Issue is two-fold:

1) lines that are stocked on a promotion only basis do not leave the report. The lines are mapped to the relevant promotion end but still appear on the report, specific examples off the top of my head currently are go cat "tender & crunchy", nutella 400g, marquis d carano grand seleccion wine. Easter eggs on power aisle.

2) lines are mapped to correct location on fixture but stay on the report. lines this relates to includes 3 frozen italian ready meals which are in one of the doors but the system keeps suggesting are located in the well of the next mod. have mapped these many times, including manually entering sisel and tpns in case of issues with labels. done 4 point check the tpn on the report matches the label on the shelf, which in turn matches with the product ean.

I know its a minor issue at the moment with how things are at the moment. Our report is about 1.5 pages long at the mo and solving the issues above would probably get it down to about half a page  :d:
« Last Edit: 08-02-13, 02:29PM by eric79 »

Mitch636

• Know All
« Reply #28 on: 08-02-13, 11:22PM »
Ours is 11 pages  ;D

And I gave up over Xmas, none of that c**p came off and we were left with discontinued sizes of stuff that didn't come off when reduced to zero.

I had the same issue with a normal line of butter at one point too so I can't answer that question but I share your frustration!

eric79

• Sad Muppet
Re: Re: Stock Control 3
« Reply #29 on: 08-02-13, 11:34PM »
Ours was 17 pages at its largest! If you can find or make the time to do it each day you'll be amazed how quickly it'll shrink.Ours only takes about 20-30 minutes a day to complete, like I mentioned above a lot of lines on the report can't be removed
« Last Edit: 08-02-13, 11:36PM by eric79 »

Luchagore

• Smart Arse
« Reply #30 on: 08-02-13, 11:50PM »
1) Have you mapped the promotional only products by typing the TPN in, rather than scanning SEL/product? This will ensure all variants are captured at that location.

2) Have you remapped where the system thinks it should be? So as an example, the three ready meals are actually in 01L02B, not mod 01L01B as the system thinks. You will have remapped 01L02B to tell the system the new location, but have you updated 01L01B to let it know what it actually there?

Apologies if you've done that, it's all I can think of that would help. :-)

eric79

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #31 on: 09-02-13, 12:20AM »
Luchagore

Thanks for the reply.Yeah done that unfortunately it hasn't worked. Asked the dotcom "guru" last time he was in store he doesn't know either

ugg

« Reply #32 on: 15-02-13, 02:03PM »
Hi Eric79, we are starting the new Modern Stock Take this year, do you know if we have a separate stock integrity audit or is it done on the day of the modern stock take?

eric79

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #33 on: 15-02-13, 03:44PM »
 hi ugg,

I'm sorry but I really can't remember if the stock integrity audit is separate or not

ugg

« Reply #34 on: 15-02-13, 09:30PM »
Thanks Eric, does anyone else know on here who are currently on the New Modern Stock Take system. We are due stock integ. audit coming up week 1ish, but have a modern stock date booked in for later on in the year, so would be massivley relieved to know its all at the same time  :) ?

Greg86

« Reply #35 on: 16-02-13, 11:41AM »
Hi all. In a superstore, how many hours should be allocated for the stock control evening jobs (and what are the jobs)?

eric79

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #36 on: 16-02-13, 12:35PM »
Stock control evening jobs are job 14 (or potential reduction scan if you prefer) and evening gap scan. Can't start j14 til 5pm areas covered are isb, plant bread, cream cakes, meat & poultry and produce. think gap scan is after 8pm just on the fresh areas

As for time our j14 person usually works 5-10pm
« Last Edit: 16-02-13, 12:36PM by eric79 »

Luchagore

• Smart Arse
« Reply #37 on: 16-02-13, 01:50PM »
Large superstore is given approx 6 hours for Potentials. Gap scan can be done from 5pm too, and is given an hour.

Greg86

« Reply #38 on: 16-02-13, 02:09PM »
What about Provisions Cabinets? Also, how thorough should one be when searching the shelves for items date coded with the following day's date? I've found poor rotation to be a problem in my store, from which I have developed a habit of checking so thoroughly that I struggle to find time for a break.

eric79

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #39 on: 16-02-13, 02:18PM »
 my mistake I missed provisions cabinet off, think it's just ready meals, pies & savouries and maybe a few short code yoghurt lines. long life should all be scanned in by dept staff using the pda.
I was always told you should check the front row only rotation is not your responsibility  always tell your line manager and the relevant dept manager if you find poor rotation ( even better show them)

always always always take your breaks
« Last Edit: 16-02-13, 02:26PM by eric79 »

Luchagore

• Smart Arse
« Reply #40 on: 16-02-13, 02:22PM »
You should check the whole way back when doing the potentials scan, but realistically there are many areas you can get away with only checking the front. Sausages for example, don't need checked all the way back, neither do fresh pastas, or the ambient sections of produce. Bread however, you should check everything because of the way customers shop it - lots of things will be out of rotation through no staff fault.

If you have rotation issues when doing the scan, go and get the duty manager and show them exactly what is wrong and tell your line manager/team leader the next time you see them.

eric79

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #41 on: 16-02-13, 02:28PM »
 isn't part of the rumble process on fresh to rotate the stock so it's ready for j14  staff at 5pm?

Greg86

« Reply #42 on: 16-02-13, 02:33PM »
Thankyou. The contradiction of both your replies highlights one of my great annoyances at Tesco: everyone has a different idea of what exactly we're supposed to be doing during our shift, and even during each job (what our job involves seems to change on a weekly basis grrrrrr, and nobody ever knows what is truly expected of us... Confusion! arghhhhh!!!)

Also, what work should be expected of a stock control team leader on a Sunday (considering that they are contracted to Sundays for 7 hours)?

Luchagore

• Smart Arse
« Reply #43 on: 16-02-13, 02:37PM »
I take it you work in an English store, counting on a Sunday? SC Team Leader should be doing 75% GA work, whether that is counting, potentials, stock record movement review or gap scan. And on a count day, they really shouldn't plan to do any TL activities unless it happens on the day (eg, a staff query)

And yes Eric, that is what should happen. ;)
« Last Edit: 16-02-13, 02:39PM by Luchagore »

Greg86

« Reply #44 on: 16-02-13, 02:42PM »
What is stock record movement review? Also, can someone explain how deliveries work in terms of bookstock? How does delievered stock get added to the system? I've been out-back when the lorries come, I've seen those sheets they bring that lists all stock they are delivering. Could someone please explain the process in full? (I hope I'm not asking too many questions :S )

Luchagore

• Smart Arse
« Reply #45 on: 16-02-13, 02:51PM »
SRM review is basically shrink. So you review the previous days losses and gains caused by either counts or gap scan. You recheck the bookstock of each, and correct the count if required and reason coding the line eg, Non Delivery, Theft, Wrong Count etc

Deliveries auto confirm to bookstocks, so the store expects a delivery at 1pm, the delivery comes in at 1pm on time and the bookstocks are automatically updated. If the delivery is late, then you could 'late' it on the deliveries screen, but you'd only really do that if you had a count to do. (Likewise you could also 'early' a delivery)

eric79

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #46 on: 16-02-13, 02:51PM »
@Greg

Think in fairness the replies reflect the theory and reality.in theory during rumble the dept staff should rotate the stock meaning you only need check the front row (and obviously further back if you find something on the next days date).
The reality in most stores is that doesn't happen and stock control end up spending time they don't have checking to the back of the shelf.
My store is on modern stock take, according to the "improving availability" training pack I'm reading at the moment fresh gap scan can be completed 5-9pm so in theory we're both right :-)

eric79

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #47 on: 16-02-13, 02:56PM »
@Luchagore does your shrink update in "real time"? If I count something in or out I can see the updated shrink figures on the 5514 screen within about 10 minutes of confirming that count.I can also print off the shrink and check it if needed.

@Greg no such thing as too many questions that's what this site is here for so we can all support each other :-)

Luchagore

• Smart Arse
« Reply #48 on: 16-02-13, 03:00PM »
Yeah, when they launched that we were expecting it to update within seconds of confirming the count but it does take about 10 minutes for us too. Makes shrink so much easier as if there's still time, a lot can be rechecked same day instead of trying to get it all done the next day.

Greg86

« Reply #49 on: 16-02-13, 03:06PM »
The same happens at our store as of recently. Before christmas, on Sundays, we would aim to have all counts confirmed by 8pm because (correct me if I'm wrong) that is the time a new shrink report would be generated. I was informed only last week that this shrink report is now generated shortly after confirming counts.