Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
28-01-20, 08:08AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 63832
  • Total Topics: 1131
  • Online Today: 182
  • Online Ever: 968
  • (20-01-20, 08:15PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Promotion ends.  (Read 3874 times)

activ8

Promotion ends.
« on: 23-01-18, 11:22PM »
I'm always stressed when it comes to promotion change each month.  Is it normal for a GA to do this by themselves?

I really struggle with the shelves as they weigh a ton.  I'm a woman and I would really appreciate some help lifting them. Especially as most are bent out of shape and don't fit in properly.  It's hard to balance a shelf on a bracket and manoeuvre it on to the other bracket- as they are so heavy they keep falling off. (And why do customers decide this is the perfect time to ask you where something is?)

Is it now considered a job for one person?  Because my manager won't assign someone else to help me and there is never anyone about to help and it's really stressing me out.

There is also the issue of getting the shelving, which we now have to go down/up a flight of stairs near the loading bay to reach.  This in my opinion makes it more dangerous and not an easy task, especially if I need several shelves.  :(.

darklighter

• Know All
Re: Promotion ends.
« Reply #1 on: 23-01-18, 11:43PM »
No, for Grocery it's not normal and it is something that used to be, along with promotional stacks, the preserve of a TL and a few helpers.

Probably two people could manage four or five ends each on an 9 hour shift taking into account your 1 and a half hours breaks with another worker, with perhaps, a shorter shift, doing the promotional stacks.

This includes emptying shelves, working back to fixture, capping shelves and back stock, dealing with customer queries, etc.

Then arranging shelving heights according to planogram then filling shelves according to plan and to capacity.

Usually P.I reduce last promotions labels, print new ones for the new stock on the ends then print up the new labels with promotional prices first thing in the morning for when the promotion actually starts.
« Last Edit: 23-01-18, 11:49PM by darklighter »

shopworker

• Regular Pain
« Reply #2 on: 24-01-18, 01:09AM »
What department are you on? Grocery, H&B, GM?

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #3 on: 24-01-18, 01:11AM »
the manager should be helping, after all it is their responsibility to ensure it is completed in time.

Wearethehearts

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4 on: 24-01-18, 08:05AM »
In our store, managers are told they have the resources to do promotions with contracted and overtime allowed and if they are seen doing it they have not correctly staffed their dept and get let's talks , been like this for every manager for at least six months , they were only allowed to fill at Xmas , other than that they are scared to now, but walk about scoring depts giving out next steps etc and straightening up stock while walking around all day , they don't rumble our store but tidy it from 1030 til 1800 every day , while watching for mistakes by others to jump on

jester21

« Reply #5 on: 24-01-18, 11:23AM »
At my store the Managers or at least min of 2 people help with doing the promotional ends, I work on PI and yes we change the labels first thing in the morning before shop opens,

Refuse to do ends on your own when lifting heavy shelves, they can't do anything to you it's health and safety and your managers in you store should know this!

NorthWave

• Regular Pain
« Reply #6 on: 24-01-18, 12:07PM »
I normally see two people doing this job then you may see helping each other. If it is difficult for you ask for help you can only do what it is possible for you. You need not refuse to do it just say I need help to do it.

captain

• Smart Arse
« Reply #7 on: 24-01-18, 01:26PM »
If you have an understanding manager its not hard for them to help you the following way,
1 you strip the shelves then tell your manager when done.
2 two people come and set the shelves at the right height.
3 you fill the shelves with new promo lines.
Not rocket science and do not be afraid to ask for help lifting heavy loads.

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #8 on: 24-01-18, 02:20PM »
All the understanding managers have found themselves alternative employment outwith Tesco. It is just the dross left. Some are looking for the redundancy. Others are new managers who get paid crumbs. Then you have some frightened to leave because they know they have it easy. Some of our Team Managers are getting paid a Store Managers wage for throwing away a few cases when they feel like it.

Tape measure

« Reply #9 on: 28-01-18, 05:16PM »
What department do you work?
How many promotion ends are there out of interest?
How many aisles on your dept?

I assume another GA empties the ends and fills the aisles with the promotions stock?

Was there another working with you but now they've left?

Regards to shelving it can require two people to place it. Depending on the age of them they do perish in time. The newer shelving I believe isn't as strong as the older ones. Especially on Provisions. That is my opinion ofcourse!

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #10 on: 28-01-18, 07:14PM »
All the understanding managers have found themselves alternative employment outwith Tesco. It is just the dross left. Some are looking for the redundancy. Others are new managers who get paid crumbs. Then you have some frightened to leave because they know they have it easy. Some of our Team Managers are getting paid a Store Managers wage for throwing away a few cases when they feel like it.

some are frightened to leave because they know no decent company will employ them!!