Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
24-01-17, 03:04AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 74688
  • Total Topics: 2028
  • Online Today: 94
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 26
Total: 29

Author Topic: Re: Stock Control 3  (Read 127626 times)

eric79

• Sad Muppet
Re: Stock Control 3
« on: 24-01-13, 11:17PM »
We moved on to modern stock take in September last year and are due the next one in March.thought it went pretty well last time and expect the next visit to go better now we know what to expect.plus we've shifted a lot of stock either by selling it or uplifting it back to the depot.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

mobile mickey

Re: Re: Stock Control 3
« Reply #1 on: 25-01-13, 09:49AM »
How does the 'modern' stock take affect your department structure/routines?. Getting wind of it coming in very soon for us

eric79

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #2 on: 25-01-13, 09:56AM »
 It  hasn't  changed anything

mobile mickey

« Reply #3 on: 25-01-13, 09:58AM »
I take it fresh still count weekly on a reduced frequency and the rest of the shop is twice a year?

eric79

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #4 on: 25-01-13, 10:20AM »
 fresh  counts  continue as normal. grocery/ non food/ non sbo/pfs  get  an  external stock take twice a year. still get  daily 142  and  consumables counts to do

Gapscan

• Smart Arse
« Reply #5 on: 28-01-13, 09:25AM »
Has gapscan bookstock reset been turned off for end of year shrink protection? I have zero shrink from gapscan
it's a paper loss....

brucief

• Know All
« Reply #6 on: 29-01-13, 06:03PM »
Our stock controllers have been wondering why we have been getting more and more gaps despite gapscanning thoroughly and only instoring if they actually find and put out the stock. It turns out that centrally the reset mechanism has been switched off, presumably to avoid shrink. Does this mean that gapscan is a complete waste of time until week 1? If so, why do it?

Luchagore

• Smart Arse
« Reply #7 on: 29-01-13, 07:47PM »
Gap reset has been turned off on Hardware and Health and Beauty as far as I know.

Scanning a gap will bring in a case order to fill the shelf, this is called 'gap order' and why gapscan is still completed.

just curious

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #8 on: 29-01-13, 07:55PM »
Central switching off the mechanism to avoid shrink , just to protect and fiddle the year end results for the company , just typical like all there counting practises flawed and corrupt . Bend every rule going and use every trick they no off to falsify the books .  >:( >:( .
Like counting Clubcard activities in to there trading figures to push up the sales figures  .  :-X :-X .
Like counting Clubcard coupons as actual cash sales , again inflating cash sales /  figures  ??? ??? .
Like managers counting stock in that does not exit , just to make them look good on treasure hunting  :P :P .
One day it will turn round and bite them hard in the long term as it did for Enron in America and various other companies who have been seen to be fiddling figures and taxes  :o  :o.
« Last Edit: 29-01-13, 07:59PM by just curious »

eric79

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #9 on: 29-01-13, 08:11PM »
From what we've noticed in our store bookstock reset seems to be on for grocery and non food seems to be off. We've been manually counting lines out we know are definitely not in the building as we're coming up to our 2nd modern stock take.

On a separate note I have a question about the dotcom misplaced product location (m.p.l) report. We have 3 lines of frozen ready meals that have been sat on the report for about 6 weeks. They have been mapped several times and won't leave the report, any ideas/suggestions why and how to fix it? Tried manually entering the sisel location, scanning the product just in case the labels aren't being recognised but no luck.
Also what do other stores do with lines that are only in for promotion? The dotcom system seems to try and force these lines into the section they would logically appear in but no amount of mapping removes them from the m.p.l report.

Luchagore

• Smart Arse
« Reply #10 on: 29-01-13, 10:18PM »
I would also add that Fresh will sit very light until week 1, even with a through gap scan, as orders will be cut back to protect waste...

Gapscan

• Smart Arse
« Reply #11 on: 29-01-13, 10:29PM »
From what we've noticed in our store bookstock reset seems to be on for grocery and non food seems to be off. We've been manually counting lines out we know are definitely not in the building as we're coming up to our 2nd modern stock take.

we had zero shrink from all gapscans again today so another day and probably another 3 weeks of manually counting off bookstock errors. works better in my opinion as blatant errors are easy to see and the system doesn't always remove them no matter how many times a gap is scanned
it's a paper loss....

eric79

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #12 on: 29-01-13, 10:46PM »
 Ah  gapscan, any chance you know the answer to my question re dotcom misplaced product location report?

Gapscan

• Smart Arse
« Reply #13 on: 29-01-13, 11:02PM »
for the frozen ready meals have you tried entering the tpn on the report when mapping instead of scanning the product/label? using this method will get rid of MU/case variants as well, just add the missing product tpn when you map the shelf as well as everything on that shelf

are the promo only lines not on an end? the location on the report is a guess based on merchandising group, you'll notice that the last number is missing. try the above tpn method for removing these as well.

it's a fudge but it does seem to work
it's a paper loss....

eric79

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #14 on: 29-01-13, 11:21PM »
 the frozen ready meal  lines the tpn matches the label/ product on sale.

promotion ends are mapped on a Wednesday when promotions change and also when lines appear on the dotcom report. for some reason the promotion only lines won't leave the report even though they are mapped on the promotion end

Candytree

• Chicken or the Egg
« Reply #15 on: 30-01-13, 04:09PM »
My SM is going to a meeting tomorrow reference what's happening up to week 52. We are not allowed to count anything out without the SM seeing the product profile and him agreeing to it.

Gapscan

• Smart Arse
« Reply #16 on: 31-01-13, 09:27AM »
Just been told what candytree said in the previous post. Not impressed
it's a paper loss....

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #17 on: 31-01-13, 10:25PM »
Stock control 3  :)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Loki

« Reply #18 on: 31-01-13, 11:00PM »
The fact that there is now "The Stock Control Part 3" demonstrates that, not only is it a vital part of the business, but also a major cause for concern with regards to Tesco struggling to get it right.

I take my hat off to you guys who work on a Department that forever struggles and receives so much abuse from other departments.

aaronffc

« Reply #19 on: 31-01-13, 11:29PM »
Has anybody worked in Stock Control in Express and the larger format and is able to tell the difference between the two. Id be interested to find out how hard I work my Stock Controller as opposed to the general workload in a larger store.

Gapscan

• Smart Arse
« Reply #20 on: 01-02-13, 01:27PM »
I take my hat off to you guys who work on a Department that forever struggles and receives so much abuse from other departments.

thanks, we rarely get praised. you need a thick skin to work on stock control
it's a paper loss....

Candytree

• Chicken or the Egg
« Reply #21 on: 01-02-13, 05:14PM »
I see we're doing stock reduction yet again for the whole warehouse. Desperate times. Don't know whether anyone agrees, but we find more money by doing whole sections than we do doing the same products every day from the whole store.  I put a suggestion forward to my SM that this was more beneficial and this was how we should go forward. He talked it over with our area chappie for this procedure and he agreed we would do that for one day a week (Friday). We did it for two weeks then along comes a new SD and everything has to go back to normal. We had 28 cages of stock to label up this morning + frozen + cakes. 90% of which was promo stock or demand stock. I did the procedure for 5 hours today and added 5 c/s of lemonade to our stock. Hardly a good use of my time.

eric79

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #22 on: 05-02-13, 08:58PM »
We have an srp plan for general,fresh and food areas for weeks 50-52.Only getting certain areas each day for srp. However we are not allowed to count any stock out whatsoever, and on top of this we have to find 1k of stock per day (finding more than 1k one day does not mean we can find less the next).

Still feel a lot of our stock issues lie in distribution, we simply don't get the stock when the system thinks we're going to get it.

Gapscan

• Smart Arse
« Reply #23 on: 05-02-13, 11:55PM »
indeed, if gapscan isn't removing stock and we're not allowed to manually count it off then where are the gains coming from? there is only one answer
it's a paper loss....

just curious

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #24 on: 06-02-13, 12:04AM »
If only the city financial businesses and the inland revenue knew of all the corrupt accounting practises that this company encourage so as to falsify the year end results / figures .  >:( >:( :D :D.