Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:22PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 310
Total: 314

Bakers, are you affected how do you feel?

Started by forrestgimp, 25-02-20, 07:17PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baker4life

Think they should find out our redundancy package before having to hand in our availability sheets. It could make a difference to what we put down

londoner83

121's wont happen until new heatmap with post restructured hours comes down. Remember if the company job matches your availability to a new  role you wont get redundancy

trolleyboy96

Have you guys not had the redundancy calculation forms? Our bakers and packers got them last Friday.

Gymbunny

All we have had is availability form to fill in and hand bck by 11th March. We are in limbo for nearly 3 wks.

Bakersdozen

Quote from: trolleyboy96 on 03-03-20, 07:17PM
Have you guys not had the redundancy calculation forms? Our bakers and packers got them last Friday.

Never heard of such forms, I'm guessing your store is going full bake off?

Like gym bunny said we've all had availability forms that need to be back by 11th March.

Gymbunny

No, we are going part scratch, part bake off.

Baker4life

If you want redundancy then put full time hours on there because there is naff all full time jobs going at the big T. Mostly 8-15 hours rubbish.

Oldman

never heard of redundancy calculator forms we are going part scratch part partbake as well not all of us have had our availability meeting yet

Gymbunny

I am hoping for redundancy from the bakery, and been looking for info on SAYE.
What happens to ones that you are still paying? I have one that finishes this year, are you expected to just get your money back or do they freeze it and you can buy at the end of the term? Tried looking for an answer to this, but can't see anything?  Very unfair if you get nothing in return. Tia.

trolleyboy96

We are one of the ones loosing scratch bakery completely.

Oldman

Do you think management would object to me using a voice recorder in my meetings for my own record ?

Pollypest

With regard to SAYE, when we took redundancy last year, we were able to buy the shares at the option prices with the money we had saved into each share option. Once you have been made redundant equitini will write to you regarding options.

Gymbunny

lucgeo

Quote from: Oldman on 03-03-20, 11:15PM
never heard of redundancy calculator forms we are going part scratch part partbake as well not all of us have had our availability meeting yet
The redundancy calculator will be the forecast letter given you, of how much redundancy pay you would get.

Quote from: Oldman on 04-03-20, 08:22AM

Do you think management would object to me using a voice recorder in my meetings for my own record ?
You would have little need of the recorder, as all meetings are written down and the copy of your notes will be given at the end of each meeting. You are also entitled to have a rep or colleague attend each meeting with you, which the management need to arrange if requested.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Redshoes

And heat map is down, expected wk 3 but it's always late.

polar

Red shoes, are you say heat map has arrived? Bit confused as you said it's late.

Baker4life

Hey guys does anyone know if we get taxed on the the redundancy package

Oldman

Quote from: Baker4life on 04-03-20, 11:34PM
Hey guys does anyone know if we get taxed on the the redundancy package
Taxed only on payments over 30k

Baker4life

Oldman

Quote from: Baker4life on 05-03-20, 03:45AM
Sweet cheers bud
Not sure what's going to happen but I heard during the last redundancies there was a cap at 26k so don't know what happens if you are owed more than that

forrestgimp

Jethro

30000 tax free, statutory redundancy goes off average 12 weeks pay or contract pay , whichever higher  , service element goes off contractual pay,  then 12 weeks lieu which u pay tax and ni on.

lucgeo

If you don't pay tax now, you will be taxed on your redundancy pay and your N.I. contributions will be higher on your final payout.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Redshoes

Heat map never comes down when they say, it's always late. It's due this wk but this will need to be modified by stores with updated then in wk 3. I'm not an expert on this but the one that is due is from Jan info so any movements since then need to be added for the refresh in wk 3. Someone may comment that I'm wrong in this, I accept that I could be but I'm not far off.
The heat map reflects the hours for the base wk, this is the quiest wk of the whole year so a dept should not really sit at these hours. It will show what tasks should be done by depts and at what time. However, we are also told it's only a guide and does not have to followed to the letter.
For bakeries this will give new dept structure. It will show what tasks need to be done and when. It will now be refreshed four times a year so will show progress stores have made to get closer to base hours. So the bakeries will not be expected to be at new structure for this round of heat map, new working practices, new fixtures, new ranges will not be in place. It will however show where to aim for. I have no idea if the change in hours is done in stages to allow for changes. I have no idea what happens with the change from scratch to bake off as this can't change overnight in the affected stores all at the same time. I think this is where the "only a guide" part kicks in.

Hammer10

The heat map is a pointless exercise as trade in January was poor and we are coming into a busy period now ie Easter ,May Day ,whitsun,especially bakery and the thousands of hot cross to be made if they want them made that is ,after all the upheaval the bakers are putting up with.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk