News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 05:12AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,127
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 321
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 299
Total: 299

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winks alot

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has heard any more about full time GA losing their full time position and how can Tesco go about taking it off them?

I've got 19years service in the same store and would like to know in advance what to expect.

Leicestercity

There are rumors but after the night staff have gone the full time staff will be next is that true are full time staff being made redundant or having there hours cut I know they would love to get everyone on a flexi contract

Equalizer87

I've heard the same rumour,  at the moment that is all it is, but it really wouldn't  surprise me. in my opinion I think full timers will get culled.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

GasMonkey

Quote from: Leicestercity on 12-11-16, 06:52PM
There are rumors but after the night staff have gone the full time staff will be next is that true are full time staff being made redundant or having there hours cut I know they would love to get everyone on a flexi contract

Yea I heard that rumour also February 2017 being the start date

mixerman

I have heard that only 5 stores in n.i. are to keep their nightshift,my own store being one of them,does anyone know any different

mixerman

does anyone know if any of the stores in n,i.,have already lost their nightshift,i have heard that some have,but I have heard nothing concrete

Leicestercity

Like me most people do just under full time hours, so not officially full time.

Winks alot

What exactly count's as full time hours some tell me 35, others say 36 and some insist it's 30.50 know ones seems to know exactly what is classed time

The hooch

Nights generally 4 shifts 10..7 and then one shift 11..7

Winks alot

Thanks for that The Hooch, I wasn't to sure

sadie

hi winks alot Tesco class 32 hours as full time

CoffeeGate

As far as Tesco are concerned, 30 Hours + is classed as 'Full time Hours'

dogslave

Went to Great Bear last night what a waste. More s*** paid jobs. Just what the country needs.

tescopleb

The only thing that might actually prevent them getting rid of full time staff is the political fallout which might be more than they can handle. Don't forget they are still one of the largest private sector employers in the country and the ramifications would be huge

Equalizer87

Political fallout would mean jack all, if they are employing a greater number on lower hour contracts, the government  will back it either way.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

smartass

So, I was given a nice letter at work. Don't know what to expect. Big changes or small.
Looks like all of  services got letters too.

https://s12.postimg.org/4ttea2t71/work_letter.jpg

JL

Smartass

Is it an Express you are you at? Is the consultation not usually 45 day?

Tom Hardy

This letter probably about Right Hours Right Place with 30 days notice a change to contract/hours. Might only be in your Store but good luck it might not change you that much, at all or better for you.

The ones it mentions that will affect & they will be notified are probably ones that might have to switch to another department due to yours having too many hours & another having too few.

Fingers Crossed  :)

kaled78

so is this the beggining of the new service rollout,all the managers had training for?

wellhereiam

I don't think it's anything to do with express, as smartass mentioned about services.

Whatever it is, the fact that the consultation period is 30 days not 45 days indicates that redundancy wont be an option.

Expressdude2016

there still can be redundancys  30 days is if it  effects under 100 colleagues which they use like in this instance when its store specific.

smartass

Hi we are a super store.

Socrates 54

All departments / Re: Petition to end the Partnership
« on: Today at 08:05 AM »
With the current climate surrounding our partnership with usdaw petitions will not work. They are now the puppets to the puppet masters. The only way to hurt the union is by withdrawing from it and not giving them our money. The likelihood that anything they do will ever effect is has surely been displayed through all of the cuts and job losses that have effected staff and managers. They will take our money but give nothing back. There is only one

bulspit

just been maid redundant. redundancy money has gone into bank,, yet I've had no letter of confirmation of how much exactly i should have received, so how do i know if its correct, as no figures have been mentioned the whole way through the redundancy one to ones  just how many weeks, when questioning the one to one team members they only stated the number of weeks you were entitled to, but never mentioned figures !

picktocube

I have just been made redundant from Welham Green . We all received a letter about 10 days before the final shift ,which had a breakdown of our payments on it including PILON and bonus and showed us what figures they were using for calculating our redundancy payments. We also received a copy of our reference enclosed with this breakdown.  If people were not going to be at work ,these letters were sent to home address.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk